Chapter 4

Happier than ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeongyeon walked inside a penthouse along with Chaeyoung. The latter left her so Jeongyeon could look around and take it all in.

 

She was mesmerized by the big house, brand new furniture, and the view. She swore she could see the whole world through the windows. She took a deep breath as she stared at the busy city below her.

 

“I know what happened to you and I know you are innocent. Think of me and Leo as your friends, we'll protect you from now on” Chaeyoung smiled as she looked at the girl’s back.

 

She placed a phone on the coffee table “I saved ma'ams, mine and Leo's numbers in here.”

 

Jeongyeon hummed, she didn’t bother to turn around and continued to look out the window, “Do you know where Mina is?” she asked in a flat voice.

 

“I know you crave revenge and you have the right to take it, but you need time. With your anger, you could do something that you might regret later, so we need to plan out our every move” Chaeyoung explained carefully and continued,“To answer your question, yes. She is in America along with her mother”

 

“Alright” Jeongyeon finally faced Chaeyoung, her stare was intense, unlike the old Kyungwan.

 

“I will ruin her life like she ruined mine but at the right time, when she doesn't expect it” she vowed, her face was expressionless but you could feel the anger in her voice.

 

"Sure, ma'am" Chaeyoung nodded and smirked, thinking that the woman in front of her was an excellent choice for the job.

 

"where should I start?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“By making money. Make yourself famous, make the people who wronged you beg for forgiveness. When you have fame, people would even kill just to be able to meet you. No one will even dare to mess with Yoo Jeongyeon. Everything you need to be able to do it all is, this” Chaeyoung said pointing at her head.

 

~~~

 

Meanwhile…

 

In Seoul, in a dark warehouse sat Haesok behind her desk, she was surrounded by her loyal men.

 

The old woman sat back and sighed “So you planned for all of that” she stated.

 

Bangchan was sitting on a chair in front of her, hands tied behind his back. He spat blood on the floor as her men had beaten him hard.

 

There were several cuts and bruises on his body and face “Yes, I targeted her. She was an orphan so no one would defend or believe her”

 

“YOU RUINED HER LIFE!” she yelled angrily.

 

Haesok's men lowered their heads as if they were the ones who made her mad. The old woman cocked her gun and walked over to Bangchan who was staring at her in fear.

 

She raised the gun to his forehead “Oh how I wish to kill you right now, but I won’t”, then lowered the gun.

 

She stepped back as two men came and untied him.

 

Bangchan couldn’t stand on his legs due to the harsh beating he received and he fell on the ground. Haesok threw a bag that landed right in front of his bruised face.

 

“Take that money and disappear. If you decide to show up you will be dead. I will know your every move so don’t do anything stupid” she ordered.

 

Bangchan was too stunned to speak, he nodded like an obedient dog and took the bag to check inside.

 

His eyes widened at the amount of money and he bowed to Haesok. He struggled but got up and slowly walked outside the warehouse.

 

“keep an eye on him. Don’t let him out of your sight till I ask you to” she ordered one of her men, who bowed and followed him outside.

 

“Everyone will pay for their mistakes. They hurt the innocent girl and I will make sure she gets to watch her enemies suffer."

 

~~

 

Five years passed…

 

May 2020, 7:05 AM

 

Jeongyeon was jogging next to the Han river. She was enjoying the music and the weather, which was getting warmer.

 

The music changed and it was kind of nostalgic. She couldn't help but think about the past few years and how much she had struggled to reach where she is now. Her years-long training was all worth it.

 

She stopped to catch her breath and walked over to her black sports motorbike. She sat down on it and wore the helmet. She gripped the handlebars firmly, pleased with the bike that she had bought with her sweat and tears, started the engine and drove off.

 

Penthouse

 

Jeongyeon took a quick warm shower, she was drying her hair with a white towel as she looked at herself in the mirror. She slowly caressed the tattoo on her left wrist.

 

‘February 23rd, 2015’

 

After Jeongyeon’s life had turned upside down because of a certain woman; rage filled her heart whenever she remembered that night or Mina’s face, the day she had met Haesok was the point from where her success started, so she tattooed it.

 

She took a deep breath before she walked to the closet room. The poor girl that used to wear the same flannel shirt can now buy a whole brand.

 

She wore tight black pants, a white shirt with a beige coat, and oxford shoes. She brushed her brown hair and headed to the dining room.

 

Leo and Chaeyoung were bickering making the maid laugh but their laugh disappeared as soon as Jeongyeon arrived and walked towards them.

 

Chaeyoung cleaned and looked at her tablet, “Good morning ma’am, your schedule today consists of a few meetings but the main one is at two with the owner of Paradise hotel”.

 

"What's with the sudden change in atmosphere?" she asked and glared at chaeyoung.

 

Leo muffled a laugh then snorted at the frightened expression on chaeyoung’s face.

 

Chaeyoung turned to look at Leo then back at Jeongyeon and was dumbfounded.

 

"Oh my God, I thought you were angry for some reason! How the heck are you able to tell she's faking it Leo??" she whined.

 

The three of them laughed and Jeongyeon sat down at the table to have breakfast with them.

 

“Anyways I think it will be better if you guys stayed at home these few weeks, especially before the big event” she stated and started eating.

 

"No" Leo put his chopsticks down and shook his head in disagreement.

 

Jeongyeon stopped eating and sat back with a frown on her face.

 

“Why not? I'd like to work by myself for some time" she said sternly.

 

“Sorry Jeongyeon but we're just worried something might happen to you or you might get exposed,” Chaeyoung said apologetically, to not anger Jeongyeon furthermore.

 

Jeongyeon, Leo and Chaeyoung had gotten closer over the years but Jeongyeon easily got heated whenever it was about work. Neither of them could calm her down when she was mad.

 

“Worry about your duties and keep the rest to me,” she said standing up, “let’s go”

 

She said making her way out of the dining room followed by Leo and Chaeyoung.

 

~~

 

Meanwhile…

 

In a black Chrysler sat Mina in the backseat, loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter