Chapter 6

Happier than ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon walked to her car where Chaeyoung was waiting for her, “Did you see him?” asked the latter.

 

Jeongyeon nodded yes “ He looks a lot like her,” she said while frowning.

 

“You know her that well to recognize that?” Chaeyoung joked, earning a glare from the older.

 

“How about you shut it and drive to our next location and target?”

 

“Sure, ma’am” Chaeyoung grumbled.

 

~~

 

The two arrived at a restaurant located in Itaewon. It wasn’t fancy nor regular. But it was definitely unique.

 

Jeongyeo sat on a two-seater table along with Chaeyoung who was already scanning the menu.

 

Jeongyeon was in disgust as the table wasn’t that neat “waiter~” she yelled a bit “what is this?” she said pointing at a ketchup stain.

 

“Oh, I am sorry~” he nervously wiped it with a tissue.

 

“I wonder who your manager is. They probably don’t know how unprofessional you are” she mocked.

 

The guy looked down in shame while Chaeyoung clenched her jaw irritably. She doesn’t like how Jeongyeon became through the years. The waiter put two cups and a water bottle while avoiding eye contact with Jeongyeon who asked “Do you know who I am?”

 

The guy shook his head as a no while holding his hands tensely “what’s wrong?” a girl asked. She had fair skin and long black hair, she directly looked at Jeongyeon and gasped.

 

“It’s you?” the girl asked.

 

Jeongyeon stared up with a smirk “it’s been a long time, Joy, right?” she sighed and got up “Life is weird isn’t it?”

 

“Are you here to apply for a waitress job?” Joy snickered “Sorry but I don’t need anyone at the moment”

 

Jeongyeon laughed “You are so naive, take a good look at me. Why would I work here when I own this building”

 

“What?” Joy was puzzled.

 

Jeongyeon nodded “A week ago a company called KY bought this building right?”

 

“Yes but-”

 

“Unfortunately for you, I am the owner of the company so basically I own this place” Jeongyeon leaned in “and I want you out of here. You have one week”

 

Chaeyoung exhaled heavily and stood up “Let’s go Jeongyeon” she said grabbing the latter’s arm but she pulled away.

 

Tears already formed in Joy’s eyes “please this place is my life. I did you wrong in the past, I agree but I did my best to upgrade this place and worked hard for it” she begged.

 

“It’s none of my business, I bore your bullying for three years and all I could do was serve you. You deserve this” Jeongyeon said angrily, “I will send my lawyer tomorrow so you can discuss everything with him”

 

Jeongyeon turned her back followed by Chaeyoung who was obviously unpleased by Jeongyeon’s behavior.

 

“Where is your next destination?” she asked as she started the car.

 

“Home, I am tired… And don’t forget, your role will start soon. You have to follow the plan as we discussed”

 

“Hm, he already contacted me. I will start after a few days. Don’t worry, I am well prepared”

 

“I trust you” Jeongyeon smiled at her friend and looked away.

~~

 

After driving Jeongyeon home, Chaeyoung headed to Haesok’s place. The latter was doing some paperwork when Chaeyoung bowed and sat beside her on the couch.

 

“Why does the baby cub look sad and anxious?” the older asked as Chaeyoung let out a deep breath “Are you worried about your next big mission?”

 

Chaeyoung ruffled her short hair “No no it ain’t about the mission. It’s about Jeongyeon”

 

Haesok removed her glasses and looked at Chaeyoung deeply “And what with Jeongyeon?”

 

Jeongyeon was special to Haesok. She is the red line no one is allowed to cross.

 

“I don’t like how she became. Her behavior is too much” Chaeyoung replied and proceeded on telling her what happened in the last few days.

 

“You have to understand that Jeongyeon suffered a lot. I knew her story and what she went through in jail and outside jail too. She is angry and sad. You need to understand how being oppressed feels like”

 

Chaeyoung nodded sadly “And when will you tell her about what’s waiting for her?”

 

Haesok frowned “I am waiting for the right time”

“I am afraid that she won’t accept the truth and run away”

 

“It will be too late for her to run away” Haesok stated “but it’s getting closer and closer every day. What’s more important is you. Stay by her side and don’t betray her ever!”

 

“Jeongyeon is like an older sister to me, even though she is making mistakes in my opinion but I will protect her with my all”

 

“I am so proud of you” Haesok caressed Chaeyoung’s cheek “You must be tried, Sleep here tonight”

 

The latter nodded and got up “Goodnight, mom”

 

Chaeyoung went to one of the master bedrooms in this big mansion, she took a quick shower and sat on the bed. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed “when will you find your true love, little cub?”

 

Not dating anyone for seven years wasn’t the best thing that happened to Chaeyoung. She wished to experience the romance of her dreams. But, will she ever meet her true love?

 

She pulls out a picture of her pocket, she unfolded the old wrinkled photo of her and her mom. The only thing she has from her childhood. Her mother’s face was torn, she doesn’t remember anything.

 

As if it was all erased from her mind and memory. It destroyed her but Haesok was the one who saved her and raised her. But she can’t deny that she thinks of her biological mother every day and wonders if she is alive or even searching for her.

~~

 

Siwan’s mansion

 

Mina was working on her laptop in their bedroom. She doesn’t like going out a lot, she smiled when she saw Taeoh playing with his nanny in the garden, her smile faded when Siwan stormed into the room.

 

He threw his jacket on the bed angrily and Mina’s shoulders tensed. She knew what was waiting for her. Especially when his eyes met hers “I ing hate the day I decided to marry you”

 

“Let me guess, you lost another auction,” she said, getting up “You can’t blame me for every failed deal you make. Maybe you are the problem” she retorted, earning a slap from him.

 

Mina has gotten used to it now. Siwan has anger issues and he never controlled himself. A small bruise already showed on her left cheek before he took a grip of her hair and pulled her closer “Don’t you ever disrespect me again!”

 

“It’s not my fault you're a bad businessman who doesn’t know how to work smart!” she provoked.

 

Siwan was always weaker than her business-wise. He pushed her to the floor, Mina winced in pain as her wrist got twisted a bit. “If you talk about me again I'll kill you. I'm going to shower, I feel disgusted after I touched you.”

 

Mina frowned and got up. She didn’t know if her right hand was shaking because of fear or pain. She opened the drawer where she keep a bandage and a first-aid kit. She wrapped the bandage around her right wrist before she put some foundation to hide the five-fingers bruise.

~~

 

Dinner time

 

Taeoh was having dinner happily, Mina smiled at the sight along with her mom while Siwan was eating the steak silently.

 

“Mom, what’s wrong with your hand?” Taeoh asked.

 

“Mommy hurt herself from working a lot on the laptop,” she said holding his hand “It's okay don’t worry”

 

“Yeah, your mom is aiming for the number one spot of businesswomen in this country” Siwan insulted.

 

“At least I won’t be the last on the list” she faked a smile at him.

 

Luckily, the maid cut them off as she bowed “Sir, the girl is here”

 

“Oh yeah. Sana is coming tonight so I hired a driver and bodyguard for her”

 

Chaeyoung simultaneously stood beside him and bowed “I am happy to be of your service, sir” she monotony said. Her eyes landed on Mina “and ma’am”

 

“It’s a girl as Sana requested” Siwan added “See I am such a reliable and obedient husband”

 

Mina faked a smile at him and Chaeyoung was smart enough to catch the off vibes between the two.

 

“I will lead you to the garage,” Mina said getting up, Siwan forcefully held her arm not paying respect to anyone’s presence. “Finish your dinner first”

 

“I am full!” Mina said loudly before she pulled her arm away.

 

“Follow me” she said to Chaeyoung who obediently followed her.

 

The two reached the mansion’s garage. More than five cars were parked there, the two stood next to a black Maserati Quattroporte.

 

Mina handed her the key and smiled warmly “Take care of her and yourself. She will land after two hours, she won’t stay here with us so she'll give you her apartment address”

 

“Yes ma’am” Chaeyoung bowed her head. She examined Mina from head to toe, her body language said many things about her and she was finding it hard to believe that she betrayed Jeongyeon.

 

Mina had a calm aura, Chaeyoung wondered what happened to the woman's hand but she couldn’t ask. Mina folded her arm up to her chest as the garage was cold.

 

Mina noticed Chaeyoung’s weird stares but she shook the idea off and Chayoung stepped back.

 

“I’ll leave then. Mr. Siwan gave me your phone number, I’ll contact you when Sana is with me”

 

“I'm sure you will” Mina smiled “Now go, drive carefully”

 

Chaeyoung smiled and sat behind the steering wheel “Why is she so kind?”

 

~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter