Chapter 5

Happier than ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Mina was sitting next to Taeoh as the latter was sleeping peacefully after a long day at school, she held his hand and smiled at him as he stirred and smile in his sleep.

 

She reminisced about when she had met Im Siwan in the USA four years ago, where she had gone for her mother's surgery. They had met when Mina was at her lowest. She didn't have anyone to talk to, she was depressed and her mother was undergoing surgery.

 

 Siwan put up an act of being the perfect boyfriend, showed up as a knight and Mina fell in love instantly. They went out on a few dates then got married right away.

 

 They started a business and became richer together, opening a construction company (TM Company). They showed everyone that they were in a perfect relationship as a happily married couple but in fact, Siwan turned out to be abusive and manipulative as soon as he found out what Mina did, he started blackmailing her.

 

He had become heartless toward her and his own son. All he cares about is power and money. Mina regrets the day she was drunk and confessed everything to him. But she can’t do anything now, it’s too late. 

Taeoh is her life, her main goal is to protect him and make him a better person. 

 

 

  ~~

 

 

Penthouse

 

Jeongyeon had just gotten out of her shower after exercising. She held a towel in her hand that she was using to dry her wet hair. 

 

Suddenly chaeyoung barged into her room without asking for permission. 

 

"How many times should I tell you to knock on the door before coming in?" she glared at her. 

 

"Oh- I- okay" chaeyoung muttered before going back out and closing the door. 

 

There were three knocks on the door. Jeongyeon smiled and sighed at Chaeyoung’s antics.

 

"Come in" she responded and Chaeyoung gladly let herself in. 

 

"Your phone was ringing a few minutes ago, it's that guy, Im Siwan" she said while handing over the phone to Jeongyeon. 

 

Jeongyeon checked the phone that she had specifically for business, "This guy probably called me like ten times this week. What is wrong with him" she grumbled. 

 

"Well, he is your business partner, and he wants the money that'll come out of it. You know how rich people have the greed to become wealthy people" Chaeyoung explained. 

 

"And what's the difference between the two?" 

 

"The difference is, I'll give you an example." Chaeyoung walks closer to her and puts her arm around Jeongyeon’s shoulder, after struggling for a second. 

 

"We're wealthy, and he's rich. We have a positive income, we don't have the need to boast and show off our money, unlike businessmen like him." 

 

“Your point being” Jeongyeon squinted her eyes confusedly. 

 

 Chaeyoung moved away and looked at her seriously, “Point is, if you take all his money away, without him knowing, of course, he'll beg you for help and you could get what you want easily. But take my advice as a grain of salt and do as you please.”

 

Jeongyeon perfectly understood what chaeyoung meant, she decided she'll plan on it later and sat on her bed. 

 

“Now do you want me to call the guy for you?”

 

Jeongyeon noded and handed over the phone to Chaeyoung so she can call him. The latter dials his number and puts the call on speaker. 

 

“Hello, this is Im Siwan speaking”

 

“Hello, this is the assistant of the owner of the KY company.” 

 

“Oh yes, I've been trying to reach Rena for a while now.“

 

“Your calls were received, is there something you want me to inform my boss about?” 

 

“Ah yes, as you know we're partners now and I'm also working with a few other businessmen. We all would like to gather together, meet your boss and talk​​​​ about our upcoming project together if that's possible. The party is​ on Saturday.” 

 

“Alright Mr.Im, I'll let the boss know and you'll receive the reply shortly. If that's all, goodbye and have a nice day.” 

 

“Can you let me know now if you're going to attend it?” 

 

‘This is perfect’ Jeongyeon thought and smirked. Chaeyoung hung up without replying.

 

“What are you smiling about?” she asked. 

 

Jeongyeon gave her a death stare and Chaeyoung immediately lowered her gaze. 

 

"If it's a party, his wife will be there too. Text him that I’ll go.” Jeongyeon sighed

 

 “Just you wait, Myoui Mina.”

 

                     

~~

 

 

Night of the Party

 

 

 

Mina had finished dressing up and was ready for the party. She stared at her reflection thoughtfully. The long flamingo-colored dress looked breathtaking on her, not to mention the light makeup she puts along with the diamond earring. 

 

Nevertheless, She hated Siwan’s business parties. Everything about their relationship was just an act, what was the point of it all.

 

Siwan entered the room fixing his black coat. "Good thing you're ready" he said as he opened a drawer to take out and put on a branded watch. 

 

"My friends' wives wanted to meet you. I told them that you had given the designs and ideas for the recent project." he informed, walking closer to her. 

 

"They, think you're an exceptional woman, hardworking and brilliant. If only they knew" he said in a tone full of sarcasm and chuckled. 

 

"Enough! " Mina yelled. She was stressed and felt like crying, but she wasn't going to do that in front of her husband. 

 

“But I'm just getting started, and why are you looking down? raise your head.” He said as he forcefully held her chin to push her head up. 

 

“Aw, you're about to cry? It's alright sweetheart” he cooed noticing the tears in her eyes and got closer to give her a hug.

 

Mina immediately pushed him and stood up, she glared at him and walked out of the room. Siwan smiled as he followed her out.

 

 

~~

 

Seoul - Four seasons Hotel

 

Siwan and Mina acted like the perfect couple. It was as if the argument at their house had never happened.  They were greeting Siwan’s colleagues and friends, smiling and laughing. 

 

"I've invited a few special guests, since Mrs. Park has arrived, she will be performing so let's sit and continue talking,” Siwan suggested to his guests.

 

~~

 

Classical music was blasting in the hotel’s venue, it was mixed with the laughs of sophisticated businessmen and women. Everyone was wearing their most expensive dresses, accessories, and suits. They were thrilled to meet the richest and most famous bus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter