Chapter 1

Happier than ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul - Four seasons Hotel

July, 2020

Classical music was blasting in the hotel’s venue, it was mixed with the laughs of sophisticated business men and women. Everyone was wearing their most expensive dresses, accessories and suits. They were thrilled to meet the richest and most famous business woman in town. Rena…

The latter was in the venue’s director room, she was watching them through the tinted windows, making sure no one sees her. Her hands were in her pants pockets, standing with all her confidence and fierceness. She brushed back her brownish short hair. 

Simultaneously, a tall guy wearing a black suit entered, he bowed respectfully and she looked at him from the corner of her eyes. 

“Everyone is here, ma’am” he stated.

“Every… one?” she asked calmly.

“Yes”

“Let’s go then” she smirked.

~~

Five years ago – Seoul

January, 2015 – 6 AM

The alarm ring echoed in the goshiwon the room that has a bed, desk, a bathroom, fridge and TV.

 The alarm got turned off by the owner who was brushing her teeth already. She had a long brown hair, pump lips and brown eyes that are filled with dreams and ambitions.

 The girl wore a striped flannel and jeans, she tied up her hair and smiled at herself in the mirror before she looked at the sports motorbike picture she hung on the fridge.

“Just wait a bit, I will own you after three months” she sighed before she left. She smiled to herself as she saw her bicycle awaits, ever willing to ride in any season or weather, her steadfast iron horse.

Less than ten minutes passed and she arrived at Seoul university, working as a waitress in this fancy place bothered her but she needed to make money. She doesn’t care about the treatment as long as she can make it out of the month alive.

She wore her uniform in the staff room and went to the cafeteria, luckily the students didn’t arrive yet. She was alone with the chef and the other waiters.

“Kyungwan” Jackson, the chef, whispered before he threw her a croissant “I know you didn’t have breakfast yet” he winked.

“Thanks dude, you're the best” she said before she ate it quickly.

She wore the kindest smile while standing behind the bar as students began to arrive. The first few hours were calm until the girls she hated the most arrived.

 She took a deep breath as they decided to sit on the nearest table. The three girls weren’t shy to talk about her or bully her. She can’t do anything about it, especially when her boss gives her a bonus every week for working hard.

One of the girls called Kyungwan over. 

“I want you to make me the best sandwich in the world” said the brown-haired girl, her name is Sowon. A political daughter.

“Yeah same for me, I want it as tasty as the one my mom makes” she muted a bit “oh wait- you won’t understand, you don’t have a mom” she added while laughing loudly with the girls. Her name is Joy, her parents own a clothing brand.

“So two sandwiches” Kyungwan smiled. 

“Drinks?”

“A water bottle please, because” Jennie, the third girl replied as she spilled the water on floor “Mine's empty” she added as she threw the bottle at Kyungwan who bowed and gave the order to Jackson.

“When will you tell the boss? They're being too much these days” he said considerately. “If I told him it would be my fault because I was born here, he won’t help. I need the salary” she said sadly. 

“Now give me the broom, I need to clean”

Jackson watched her with sorrowful eyes as she cleaned the water Jennie spilled as she and her friends were still joking about the hard-working girl.

~~

 

 

Meanwhile…

In one of the fanciest clothing shops in Seoul stood a girl wearing her uniform that consisted of a knee-length skirt, white shirt and blazer. She brushed her long black hair before tying it up in a high bun, she fixed the floral around her neck and smiled at herself in the mirror.

‘Mina’

She wiped her name tag with a tissue before she pinned it on her blazer. The day was hectic, so many clients came to buy dresses since it was marriage-season.

“This dress costs 3,500$” said Mina as she showed the client the long black satin dress.

“Only?” the client gasped. Mina gulped and nodded; she hates the idea of working with rich people. She needs to work fully two months to make this amount of money and rich people come to buy expensive overpriced dresses daily. 

“okay I want the black and red one, my husband will be excited when I wear them” she giggled while Mina faked a smile at her.

Her expression turned cold as soon as the client entered the changing room. Mina looked at her reflection in the mirror. She sighed sadly as she imagined herself wearing the same dress.

‘Why can't I be like them?’

‘Why is life not fair?’

‘Why was I born in a poor family?’

Those questions never left Mina’s mind. Anger grew inside her and nothing could turn it off.

Night

After a long day, Mina’s shift is finally over. She smiled when she found her boyfriend waiting for her outside, she ran to hug him tight “I bought you a burger, I know you're tired and hungry” he grinned.

“My Bangchan is very considerate” she left a peck on his lips before they walked holding hands.

“Mina, I need to tell you something” he stated and Mina is already worried. 

“I was at your mom’s house, she passed out and called me instead of you so you won’t leave work as always. But she's fine now”

“WHAT? Why you didn’t call me!” she panicked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter