His Rain Of Life

🌧Rain, Rain, Come Again🌧
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Rain, Rain, come again

Don't miss out on another day...

 

"Life. Why was it given and what was its purpose?" He thought to himself as she watched people pass by. 

As an introvert, Kyungsoo loved spending time at home, and the whole idea of going out into the crowd made him sick to his stomach. Sadly, at times, he needed to, but in such circumstances, he would find himself sitting on the bench in the park and observing the environment around him. He found people to be interesting creatures and it always made him wonder about their sole existence. Including his existence as well. 

They were always in a rush, and for them, everything seemed to be evolving around money, business, and success. They seemed cold, distant from one another, with no empathy or understanding for each other. It seemed that they had no time for their loved ones or friends, or perhaps they had time but they refused to spend it on things like that, for you see for them those things weren't important. They think that their loved ones and friends will always be there. But little do they know how wrong they are. Taking things for granted is the biggest mistake a human can make, but they don't care about it, do they?

One might think that Kyungsoo was from out of this world, alien better said, but just like the rest, he was a human being. But he liked observing and seeking answers, although in the past he wasn't like that. Like the others, he didn't care. He had his own world and he never allowed anyone to enter it except one person, but sadly tragedy struck and that person became a distant memory. Eventually, Kyungsoo learned how to live with it, but at the same time deep down inside he felt empty.

By the time he realized it, he had already forgotten the face of that person and by all means, the pictures he had were thrown away. He only knew the name. It was a defense system that his mind created, a defense system that saved him from going crazy. He blamed himself for what happened. If only he had stopped him, if only he told him not to go. That stupid motorcycle... that stupid motorcycle was his death. It was that very defense system that helped him save himself from the pain and anger he had inside. But one encounter changed all that and it happened at this very place where he was now. 

That encounter helped him and with certainty, he can say it changed his life. Or better said, a stranger changed his life. A person who was unfamiliar to him, yet at the same time he was familiar. A friend, a lover, someone who was close but still a stranger. A stranger whom Kyungsoo allowed to enter his world and help him understand things he never understood before. 

***

He was sitting on the bench and looking at the sky. It was now overcast and the wind started to blow, creating a cool crisp. It was obvious that the storm was approaching but somehow Kyungsoo didn't feel like getting up and leaving, which he usually would, but this time he was mesmerized by the view. The color ranged from dark to gray. The clouds that formed in the sky all had their own shape and it seemed like they were telling their own story. 

As lightning struck the sky lit up, but soon after it was followed by thunder. When thunder was heard it gave it a special effect. It was like watching a movie in a theater with amazing sound effects. But the beautiful show was soon cut by the disturbance and commotion caused by people. They started to run to avoid getting soaked from the rain that was about to fall any minute now.  

"Rain, rain go away! Come again another day!" He heard the kids chanting as they ran past him. 

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Why do you humans have to be so loud?" He thought to himself as he shook his head. 

"Bothered much?"

Kyungsoo jolted and he quickly turned his head only to find a young man sitting next to him. He was dressed in a white suit, his hair was reddish and silky. He sat with his legs crossed and his eyes closed. His pale skin seemed so soft that at some point Kyungsoo wanted to touch it, but of course, he didn't. It would be completely out of place to do so and it would be considered creepy. Not to mention that it was already creepy.

"Who was this stranger? Where the hell did he appear from?" Kyungsoo asked himself as he observed the man next to him. 

He was in a dilemma about whether he should ask the stranger about his identity, or should he just stand up and walk away. His peaceful observation of the storm was already ruined, but there was one small problem. He couldn't move even if he wanted to. His legs refused to listen to his orders so he just kept staring at the man who stood in the same position as a statue. 

"Yes?" The man suddenly spoke, still not opening his eyes or moving. 

"Huh?"  Kyungsoo blinked a few times a bit confused. 

"You have a question. Go ahead."

"H-" Kyungsoo stopped. 

How in the hell did he know that? Can he read his mind? Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head dumbfounded actually and at a loss for words for a few moments there. At this point, it had already started to rain, but the fact that Kyungsoo was getting soaked didn't bother him. Not at all. He just kept staring at the man. 

"W-Who are you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter