019; trespass

9.0 thecupidreaper
Please log in to read the full chapter

december 5, 2019.  

Hyungwon found himself at the Special Section after running into Hana earlier this morning along with another member of the Special Section, Sira Dong. He learned how to get to the fourth level by watching Sira press the buttons of the number five and the letter B simultaneously which automatically marked the destination 'S'. Hana convinced Hyungwon to join them and had already informed his bosses ahead of time. He wasn't sure how to feel about that since he just started yesterday and was already headed to another section.

"Alright, everyone, this is Detective Hyungwon Chae of the First Division and he'll be joining us every now and then."

Hana introduced although Natasha gave him a once over.

"What's someone from the First Division doing here?"

"That's Natasha Blake."

Hana informed not answering her question.

"Next to her is Tono Pakin."

Tono waved with a welcoming smile.

"Then we have Bezt Paladesh and Helena Busch."

"Yo."

Bezt greeted in an easy-going manner while Helena shyly put up a hand in a small wave. Hana spotted the two empty desks.

"Oh, yes, there's two more. Suzana Renaud and Luke Plowden. Both are out on medical leave and will return next month."

Hyungwon polited greeted the team with a slight head nod and smile.

"And you already know myself and Sira whom you met earlier."

Hyungwon smiled again. He felt a different vibe within this room compare to what he had felt yesterday at the First Division. He wasn't sure if it was how both units carried themselves, or just the fact that Special Section reminded him of his old position at the Illia Police Station.

"Anyways," Hana redirected the conversation, "We'll be focusing on the Dream case at the moment."

Everyone's attention went towards the bulletin board that Hana walked towards to and flipped it over to reveal information covered all over on the other side. Hana began assigning the team their duties.

"Tono and Natasha, you'll be following the leads of Mrs. Hargate's acquaintances from her workplace and the places she frequented."

"Got it."

Both took their things and left the room. Hyungwon's eyebrow quirked at how everything went about.

"Sira and Helena, you'll be following up with the family and surrounding neighbors. Find out the wife's life before and after being hospitalized."

"Yes, ma'am."

Sira mocked salute with a cheeky grin with Helena doing the same in a natural yet cuter manner. The pair took their belongings as Hana focused her attention onto the last team member.

"Bezt, I need you to find similar incidents to Ms. Flipo's situation. From people, events, or surgeries. Before, after, and even outside Lanhom."

"I gotchu."

Bezt grinned as he sat in his chair and swiveled across to the other side of the room and began typing away on the many computers before him. Hyungwon cast a look at Hana with a curious gaze.

"As for me?"

She shot him a sheepish look with a small chuckle.

"You'll be accompanying me to meet with Diana Flipo."

"So, I'm your driver again?"

He deadpanned as Hana tried to coolly play it off like it wasn't true.

"If you put it like that, then yes. I would like to say that you're lent to the Special Section for this Dream case of ours."

"Right."

Hyungwon didn't mind. Still he wondered if it was okay of him to be here as the two exit the room.

"Are you sure I won't be in trouble with the senior detectives?"

"Nope. They're fine actually. Besides," She cast him a look, "There's a different vibe about you that fits with us than them."

"Why do you say that?"

"You don't try to weasel your way out to get back to the First Division."

"Oh."

He thought about it and it may be true.

"Anyways, who's this Diana Flipo person?"

"Remember when I mentioned about the 'heart remembering' yesterday?"

Hyungwon nodded.

"Well, she's the person I was talking about. Let's go."

"Yes, Tono?" Hana answered the call and had put it on speaker phone so that Hyungwon could listen in on the conversation.

"We were able to locate a Tianya Fang at her new workplace after quitting the bank more than a week ago."

Tono informed Hana on the phone as he and Natasha arrived outside MOLDIR.

"Was she close with our victim?"

"Yes. Apparently she was the only one that had a good relationship with Araya Hargate out of the company."

"I see."

"Anyways," Natasha interjected, "Ms. Fang's working at a fashion brand company called MOLDIR. The previous colleagues at the bank didn't have much to say except that Araya Hargate was nice, did her job well, and loved her family a lot. This Tianya Fang popped up a lot and weren't aware that she quit until we asked about her. Anyways, the two started at around the same time. We'll let you know once we talk to Ms. Fang."

Natasha hung up before Hana could reply as the pair entered the building.

"Why'd you hang up?" Tono asked his partner as she shrugged.

"Because there wasn't anything else to report."

He sighed.

"Alright, I'll do the talking and you just quietly observe."

"Why?"

"We don't want a repeat of what happened last time, right?"

Natasha didn't respond as Tono gave her a knowing look.

"We don't want you taking another leave of absent, right?"

Natasha rolled her eyes, but comply this time around with a bored tone.

"I'll behave."

"Good."

Tono flashed a dazzling smile at the receptionist as the duo came up to the front desk while presenting their police badges.

"Good morning," Tono glanced at the name, Anna Kim, on the name plat

Please log in to read the full chapter