sa kung paano nagsimula ang lahat ng mga paano.

Mga Kwentong Telesine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2008. (7, 848)

 

“Tuloy pa tayo mamaya?”

 

Joohyun looked up from her food and pondered on the question that was thrown. She was currently having lunch in the school canteen with her circle of friends. Beside her was Wendy who had just started eating and then Jongin, who was silent as usual, sat in front of her and munched on his food without a word while Minho took his place beside the young lad on the poorly painted wooden table.

 

“Oo. Isang oras lang naman kayo, ‘di ba?” Wendy tried to confirm.

 

Minho nodded, “Baka nga ‘di pa umabot ng isang oras eh.”

 

“Edi hintayin na namin kayo, mukhang mabilis lang naman.”

 

“Anong meron?” Seulgi suddenly asked as she sat beside Joohyun. She and Chanyeol had just arrived from buying their half-rice meals from the far end of the canteen. Chanyeol sat across from Joohyun, situating Jongin between him and Minho.

 

“Tinatanong ni Minho kung tuloy pa tayo kina Yeol mamaya,” Joohyun answered her bestfriend.

 

“Ahh, tuloy naman tayo ‘di ba?” Seulgi asked once more for confirmation, directing her question to no one in particular.

 

“Tuloy ‘yan. Mabilis lang naman kami.” Chanyeol assured Seulgi before asking, “Anong ulam mo, Wends?”

 

“Adobo.”

 

“Hingi ako, please.” The young man put on an irresistible smile.

 

Wendy rolled her eyes before proceeding to put some of her food on the inner lid of her lunchbox container. She placed it on the center of the table afterwards.

 

“Ang yaman yaman mo tapos nambuburaot ka,” Wendy said in annoyance, earning snickers from her friends.

 

Chanyeol laughed along with the others, clearly unaffected. “Wala eh, masarap magluto si tita.” He said before popping a piece of pork in his mouth.

 

Wendy simply shrugged. Still, she offered her food to the others. “Oh, yung iba baka gusto niyo rin. Kuha na kayo.”

 

In between their friends’ bickering, Joohyun briefly glanced at Seulgi’s plate and almost winced at the lack of food. It was a half-rice meal with pininyahang manok that barely had any meat. It was worth around 45 pesos, a totally ridiculous and unreasonable price for a five-bite meal if she remembered it correctly.

 

Seulgi felt Joohyun’s eyes on her plate, “Bakit? Gusto mo?”

 

“Mabubusog ka ba diyan?” Joohyun answered the question with another one of her own.

 

“Pwede na…”

 

Joohyun softly shook her head and put a huge chunk of rice on Seulgi’s plate from her lunchbox. Seeing how Wendy was serious about her offer despite her comment for Chanyeol, Joohyun took a piece of pork from the lid of Wendy’s lunch box before putting it on her bestfriend’s plate.

 

Before Seulgi could resist, Joohyun sternly spoke, “Kain ka pa. Baka ma-clinic ka na naman mamaya sa sobrang putla mo.”

 

Her bestfriend was left with no choice but to accept what had been offered to her with a smile of gratitude, “Thanks, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun smiled back and continued to eat her own food.

 

“Nga pala, sa’n kayo maghihintay mamaya?” Minho suddenly asked his friends, “Para dun na tayo magkita kita pagtapos ng training namin.”

 

“Siguro sa court na mismo para nasa iisang lugar na tayong lahat.” Joohyun replied, garnering nods of agreement from Seulgi, Wendy, and Jongin.

 

“Edi manonood kayo?” Chanyeol smiled smugly like he knew something nobody else in the table didn’t.

 

“Oo,” She felt puzzled because of the expression on the young man’s face, “Bakit?”

 

Chanyeol chuckled at her answer, “May matutuwa niyan.” He took another bite of his food just to hide the slightest hint of giddiness on his face.

 

For a moment, Seulgi stopped chewing and furrowed her brows in wonder, “Sino naman?” She asked with a full mouth.

 

“Si Miko.” Chanyeol simply answered as if what he had just said was nothing.

 

There was a beat of silence within the table. Everyone couldn’t fully comprehend Chanyeol’s answer without an explanation from him. His friends were looking at him expectantly except for Minho who was smirking like he knew something.

 

Chanyeol blinked at his friends before dropping the bomb, “Yung bagong manliligaw ni Joo.”

 

“Ano?!”

 

Seulgi and Wendy exclaimed in disbelief, grabbing the attention of the students around them and almost dropping the utensils in their hands. Even Jongin, who was usually quiet, couldn’t believe the news that it had him dropping his jaw to the floor. Minho could only laugh at their reactions.

 

Joohyun on the other hand began to blush furiously as all eyes around the table fell on her.

 

Seulgi was quick to face her bestfriend, “Nililigawan ka ni Miko?”

 

She felt like her skin was slowly melting due to the eyes that were staring at her, silently but excitedly waiting for her answer. Joohyun almost shivered at the chill that dawned on her face and crept up to her ears and then down her nape. Though she couldn’t see it, she was certain that the odd, fiery sensation left a red, lovesick trail on her skin.

 

“H-Hindi,” Joohyun tried her best to keep her voice whole.

 

Small frowns formed out of surprise appeared on the twin towers’ faces.

 

“Akala ko sabi ni Miko pumayag ka na raw na ligawan ka niya?” Minho asked with a creased face, feeling reluctant about his friend’s answer.

 

Joohyun’s eyebrows met before she shook her head, “Sabi ko pag-iisipan ko pa.”

 

“Ayun naman pala,” Chanyeol turned his head to Wendy and Seulgi, “At tsaka bakit parang gulat na gulat kayong dalawa? Linggo-linggo namang may bagong manliligaw yang si Joo.” he added.

 

“Hoy, hindi naman linggo-linggo.” Joohyun glared at the young man who just laughed at her reply.

 

“Oo, araw-araw lang.”

 

The circle of friends shared a gleeful laugh at Seulgi’s comment, earning her young smiles to remember and a pinch to the side from her bestfriend.

 

“Hyun! Masakit!” Seulgi complained in between laughs as she got ahold of Joohyun’s hand to stop her playful but painful attacks.

 

Joohyun muttered a ‘tsk’ once she stopped, “Isa ka pa.”

 

“Bakit ka muna namumula?” Her bestfriend teased once more.

 

“Eh pa’no, inaasar mo ‘ko!”

 

When their laughter died down, Wendy remembered to answer Chanyeol’s question, “‘Di kasi Yeol, hindi lang namin inexpect na gusto pala ni Miko si Joo,” she confessed.

 

“Bakit naman?”

 

“‘Di ba si Ate Yoona yung gusto niya?”

 

“Ahh, sus.” Chanyeol scoffed as he folded his hands before leaning against the table, “Nabasted ‘yon ni Yoona. May iba atang gusto.”

 

“Sino sino?” Minho excitedly perked up from his seat while eagerly leaning towards Chanyeol, bumping Jongin like a domino in the process.

 

“Lul. May alam akong pangalan pero ‘di ko alam kung totoo.”

 

“Ito naman, parang ‘di tropa eh.” Minho retorted, “Sige na, kahit ibulong mo lang.”

 

Chanyeol firmly shook his head, “Ayoko. Tsaka bakit ba gusto mong malaman? ‘Di ba may Yuri ka na?” He gave Minho a questioning look.

 

“Oo nga, ‘di ba may Yuri ka na?” Seulgi asked before giving Minho a questioning look. Everyone else around the table seemed to follow her lead.

 

Even if all eyes were on him, Minho didn’t lose his confident gaze and smile. “Nagtatanong lang. Tsaka loyal ako kay Yuri ‘no! ‘Di ko siya ipagpapalit.” He proudly said as he drew a cross on his left chest using his index finger, “Peksman.”

 

Wendy shrugged her shoulders in response, “Sige, sabi mo eh.”

 

The group of friends carried on with their meals while sharing casual talk and stories. They planned more about their hang-out later at Chanyeol’s house and agreed to go home before 6 in the evening since their dismissal time on that day was the earliest in the week and they still had school the following day. Almost 3 hours of bonding was enough time for them.

 

“Joo,” Jongin broke his silence to call out her name. Everyone around the table looked at him to fully pay attention to whatever he was going to say because the young man rarely talked.

 

“Oh?”

 

“Sa tingin mo, kapag napag-isipan mo na…” he trailed off, “...papayagan mo ba si Miko na ligawan ka?” Jongin asked in hesitation.

 

Once again, all her friends’ eyes fell on her. Joohyun no longer blushed, nor felt the burn on her skin. She already had an honest answer in mind, all she had to do was spit it out without stuttering.

 

She put her spoon down and looked at Jongin, “Wala pa talaga akong decision eh.” Joohyun said truthfully with an apologetic smile.

 

“Pero malaki yung chance niya?” Wendy was quick to ask a follow up question and suddenly, there’s a vivid picture of Miko in Joohyun’s mind.

 

Tofu-like skin, monolids, an adorable smile, and well-mannered words and actions. What’s not to like?

 

(Joohyun pretends that these traits don’t remind her of someone else.)

 

Still, there’s something about Miko that itches something within her, something that tells her this isn’t right.

 

And for what reason? Joohyun doesn’t know.

 

(Not quite yet.)

 

“Pwede na.” Was her plain reply.

 

Her friends didn’t push further and only nodded in understanding, afraid that they might suffocate and push Joohyun to the edge by asking too many personal questions. She finished her meal and returned to her room trying to figure out why she just can’t seem to say yes to Miko.


 

//


 

“Ang init naman dito eh. Sa watchtower na lang tayo maghintay.” Seulgi complained while fanning herself using her bandana handkerchief. She wiped the sweat off of her side brow.

 

“Mahal mahal ng tuition tapos ‘di man lang mapagawa yung mga electric fan dito sa court.” She uttered agitatedly under her breath.

 

Wendy elbowed her rib, “Marinig ka ni coach. Isumbong ka pa non sa POD.”

 

“Eh, totoo naman.” Seulgi frowned, dodging Wendy’s warning.

 

“Tsaka dito na lang tayo, malapit na rin matapos ‘yang mga ‘yan.” Wendy pointed at her two friends who were playing within the court using her lips.

 

Beside her, Jongin was rummaging for something inside his bag. “Seul oh,” He handed Seulgi a huge black fan.

 

“May pamaypay ka pala eh,” Seulgi took the item from Jongin’s hands as her face softened. She then gave him a grateful smile, “Thanks, Jong.”

 

Joohyun’s bestfriend began fanning herself. She made sure to do the same to her friends who were burning up because of the heat as well.

 

“Ayun si Miko, ‘di ba?” Seulgi asked Joohyun while giving her some air, eyes following the boy who was dribbling and running inside the court with his teammates.

 

Joohyun followed Seulgi’s line of sight and nodded, “Oo.”

 

The taller girl scrunched up her face in disgust, “Mukha palang dugyot.”

 

“Hoy, napaka mo!” Joohyun gave her bestfriend a harmless slap on the shoulder, making Wendy and Jongin snicker beside them. Seulgi ended up giggling as she rubbed the assaulted spot. “Kita mo namang naglalaro, syempre pagpapawisan ‘yan.”

 

“Hindi ka ba boto kay Miko, Seul?” Jongin asked all of a sudden. Seulgi’s actions must have made him wonder about the girl’s sentiments regarding Joohyun’s latest suitor.

 

“Boto naman,” She still answered truthfully. “Sa haba ba naman ng liham niya para kay Hyun, pakiramdam ko naman maganda yung intensyon no’n.”

 

“Tsaka nakailang padala ‘yon ng love letter para kay Hyun. Sa ‘kin lahat pinaabot, muntik na ‘kong pagtrabahuhin sa philpost.” Seulgi joked once more which made her friends laugh especially Jongin.

 

All of a sudden, there were loud cheers echoing inside the court. The four friends turned their heads to the source of the noise and found the Juniors team patting Minho on the back with Chanyeol ruffling his hair.

 

“Mukhang naka score si Minho ah.” Wendy commented as the scene unraveled before them.

 

At the side of the court and not too far from where Joohyun and her friends were standing, a group of girls were clapping and cheering enthusiastically as well.

 

Joohyun figured that they’re fourth years. There were five of them, she recognized the smallest among the bunch as Taeyeon Kim and the one clinging to her with the pink headband as Tiffany Hwang; the tallest one with the wavy hair is Sooyoung Choi while the girl with the sidebangs is Jessica Jung, and of course, the one who’s smiling so wide towards Minho’s direction is none other than Yuri Kwon, the girl he’s currently courting.

 

The sight put a smug smile on Joohyun’s lips. When Minho spotted Yuri with a smile that’s only for him, he maximized his ‘pogi’ charms and winked at her. Despite his sweaty ‘in-game’ state, the young man’s charms didn’t cease to shine. That’s why it was no wonder to his friends why girls from all grade levels are crazy about him.

 

The fourth-year girls reacted excitedly by squealing and teasing Yuri, who showed a shy smile on her beet-red face. Taeyeon seemed embarrassed by her friends’ behavior with how she was ducking her head and hiding her face behind her palm. However, Tiffany was acting the complete opposite; her ‘kilig’ slaps on Yuri’s shoulder and an on-loop comment of ‘Ang ganda mo, girl!’ turned Joohyun’s amused smile into a laugh that she couldn’t help but let out. Gladly, her friends laughed along with her because the scene was indeed amusing to witness

 

“Lakas talaga ni Minho.” Jongin said in between his laughs.

 

“Three points naman diyan para kay Kwon Yuri!” Sooyoung shouted across the basketball court for Minho to hear.

 

The young man let out a giddy laugh as one of his teammates passed him the ball. Minho quickly caught it, ran towards the three-point arc, assumed the right position, and in a deep breath, he finally threw the ball. It was the perfect three-point shot to make any girl fall for him.

 

He didn’t miss the chance to wink at Yuri once more after that. This time, everyone in the court reacted in a chorus of ‘yies’ and high-pitched hollers. Even the team’s coach couldn’t help the giddy smile that he pathetically hid with his hand.

 

Chanyeol’s subtle comment of “Landi mo, tol.” for Minho didn’t go unnoticed by Joohyun and her friends that it sent them into another fit of giggles.

 

By the end of the Junior Team’s training, Minho and Chanyeol informed their friends that they were going to change out of their soaked jerseys before they could leave. Wendy sent them off and told the twin towers to take the time they needed.

 

“Si Minho na ba at Yuri?” Seulgi asked as they continued to wait for two of their friends.

 

Joohyun shook her head, “Sabi niya sa ‘kin nung isang araw hindi pa raw siya sinasagot.”

 

Seulgi nodded slowly, “Tingin niyo sasagutin niya si Minho?”

 

“Oo naman ‘no.” Wendy looked at Seulgi and answered confidently, “Crush na crush kaya ni Yuri ‘yon. Kahit ata tropa niya may gusto kay Minho eh.” She chuckled.

 

Joohyun raised a brow at the new information, “May jowa na yung isa sa kanila ah?”

 

“Weh?” Jongin was suddenly interested in the conversation, “Sino sino?” He asked, too eager to know the answer.

 

“Si Ate Sooyoung,” She answered him in a whisper, “Sabi college na raw yung boyfriend niya. Taga UPLB din daw pero ‘di ako sigurado.” Joohyun noticed how her friends were looking ahead of her and felt puzzled. “Bakit?”

 

Before any of them could even answer, Joohyun was already turning around and when her eyes got fixed on a certain figure that was walking towards her way, she suddenly felt shy.

 

She was quick to turn around to face her friends once again. “Hintayin ka na lang namin sa may entrance,” Wendy was quick to say before showing Joohyun a knowing smile. She saw how Seulgi and Jongin were sporting the same look on their faces.

 

“Thanks, Wends. Sunod ako agad.” Joohyun smiled shyly and watched the three of them walk away. In the middle of it, Seulgi gave her a thumbs-up using both of her hands while mouthing the words ‘galingan mo!’. Joohyun didn’t stop the grin that broke on her lips upon seeing the heartwarming sight.

 

It was a tap on her shoulder that caught her attention. She didn’t even have to guess to know who it was.

 

“Hi Joohyun,” Minseok greeted her with a sweet smile when Joohyun turned around to face him. He was sweaty and hasn’t changed out of his jersey yet.

 

She mirrored the look on his face but with a brighter smile, “Hi Miko.” Joohyun greeted him with the same enthusiasm.

 

“Sensya ka na kung pawis na pawis ako ah, ang intense kasi nung training eh.” Miko said as he wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead using the good morning towel that’s wrapped around his nape.

 

“Okay lang, ano ka ba… ang galing mo nga mag laro kanina eh. Naka ilang points ka pa.” Joohyun replied, her smile growing wider and sweeter.

 

“A-Ah, wala yun.” The boy stuttered, looking flustered now with a shy smile on his face that he failed to hide. Miko’s convinced that Joohyun’s effect on him continues to intensify every single day. “Eto kasi Joo... may gusto sana akong itanong sa’yo.”

 

“Ano ‘yun?”

 

“Friday naman bukas kaya…” Minseok began to scratch his nape, “Gusto sana kitang ayain mag Taks. Kain lang tayo, ganun. Pwede ka ba?” His eyes met Joohyun’s with a spark of hope and hesitation.

 

She thought about it for a while that the passing handful of seconds made Minseok more and more nervous. Since it was a Friday, there weren’t going to be any meetings in any of Joohyun’s designated clubs. She’s sure she can have a meal with Miko after their classes tomorrow.

 

Joohyun firmly nodded, “Pwede naman ako.”

 

“T-Talaga?” Minseok’s eyes were so wide that Joohyun almost giggled. He couldn’t quite believe the young woman’s answer.

 

“Oo, wala akong club meetings eh.” She briefly explained to him with a smile plastered on her face.

 

“Ayos!” The young man beamed in success and relief, “Daanan na lang kita bukas sa room mo ‘pag uwian na, okay lang?”

 

Joohyun gave Minseok a thumbs up, “Okay na okay.”

 

“Okay, ayos.” He couldn’t stop flashing his gummy smile now, “May kasabay ka na ba pauwi?”

 

“Ah, oo. Kasama ko sina Seulgi, tatambay kami kina Chanyeol.”

 

“Ah, okay okay…” Minseok nodded in the swift silence that passed between them, “Ayun lang naman, Joo. Ingat kayo nina Seul ah.”

 

“Ikaw rin,” Joohyun sweetly smiled at him one last time, “See you tomorrow, Miko. Bye!”

 

“S-See you r-rin.” With Minseok turning into a stuttering mess, Joohyun began walking towards the spot where her friends were watching and waiting for her. She playfully rolled her eyes when she saw the teasing faces of her tropa.

 

“Ano crush ng bayan, tara na?” Seulgi questioned teasingly with a smirk on her face.

 

“Sira!” Joohyun hit Seulgi’s shoulder as their friends laughed. Nevertheless, she laughed along and pulled Seulgi and Wendy with her.

 

“Tara na.”


 

//


 

“Kuya, eto po yung bayad.” Joohyun heard Chanyeol say from inside the tricycle. She peeked outside to see him handing a purple bill to the tricycle driver and Minho getting off the backseat while straightening his uniform.

 

In a trace, Joohyun got conscious of her situation and can’t help but feel a bit shy. Not when Seulgi was holding her in place as she sat on her bestfriend’s lap. They had the option to ride two tricycles to Chanyeol’s house but the fare would be too expensive. The six of them agreed to ride just one tricycle and deal with the temporary feeling of being squished. With Minho and Chanyeol sitting behind the driver, Jongin and Seulgi on the main seats, and Wendy struggling on the spare change storage, Joohyun was left with no choice. She accepted her fate of sitting on Seulgi’s lap since she was the smallest and lightest in the tropa.

 

(Still, it wasn’t so bad. Thanks to the arms that kept her safe and steady during the whole ride.)

 

Jongin got out of the sidecar first, followed by Joohyun, Seulgi, and lastly, Wendy.

 

“Magkano raw, Yeol?” Joohyun asked, ready to take out her wallet.

 

“Fifty. Sa loob niyo na lang ako bayaran.” Chanyeol opened the gate of his home as the tricycle drove away.

 

Noticing that their garage was empty, Minho asked curiously, “Wala parents mo pre?”

 

“Umalis sila pero…” Chanyeol looked over his shoulder to meet Jongin’s eyes, “Nandiyan si Ate.” He then smirked, causing his friend to freeze on the spot.

 

Minho and Seulgi couldn’t hold their laughter when Jongin began fixing his hair and polo. Joohyun and Wendy tried their best to refrain from laughing because they knew their friend hated being teased.

 

“May gel pa ‘ko dito pre, baka gusto mo?” Minho was about to reach for the item in his bag when Jongin swatted his hand away with a frown.

 

“Tanga, ‘wag na.” Jongin removed his shoes and lined them up with the others on the doormat before following Chanyeol inside. Joohyun and the rest of the girls did the same.

 

“Ate Jing?” Chanyeol called out the moment he walked past the door.

 

A woman in her 30s walked out of the kitchen not long after, “Oh, Loweh!” She smiled upon seeing Chanyeol and his friends. “Nakauwi ka na pala at naku! Kasama mo pala ang barkada mo, hindi agad ako nakapagluto ng meryenda.”

 

Chanyeol politely smiled at their family’s housemaid, “Okay lang po, Ate Jing. Nandiyan po ba si Ate?”

 

“Oo, nasa kwarto niya at may kausap sa telepono. Ah, ano ba ang gusto niyong meryenda? Okay lang ba ang pancit canton?”

 

Chanyeol looked behind him and slightly raised a brow, asking his friends if they’re okay with it. He smiled once more when all five of them gave eager nods and thumbs-ups.

 

“Okay na po ‘yun Ate Jing. Pwede pong padagdagan na lang ng pandesal?”

 

“Pwedeng pwede, may natira pa naman mula sa inalmusal ninyo ni Yoora kanina.” Ate Jing noticed her favorite face among the group and smiled in adoration. “Oh ikaw Seulgeh, may gusto ka pang kainin?”

 

All eyes in the room landed on her figure, making Seulgi feel shy. But even so, she still respectfully spit an honest answer, “Pwede pong palagyan ng nilagang itlog?”

 

Joohyun and the others began to giggle at her request and so did Ate Jing, “Oo naman, huwag ka nang mahiya. Kahit tig-iisa pa kayo. Osiya, magluluto na ako at iaakyat ko na lang sa kuwarto ni Loweh kapag luto na ha?”

 

“Salamat po, Ate Jing.” Chanyeol thanked Ate Jing and the rest followed in a chorus of genuine gratitude. The woman gave them a motherly smile and made her way back to the kitchen.

 

With their meryenda on the way, the group of friends finally made their way up the stairs and entered Chanyeol’s room. The off-white walls and abundance of sunlight peering through the window above the bed gave the room such a welcoming energy that could make any visitor instantly feel at home. Everything about the space has always looked and felt cozy. That's why it became the barkada’s favorite tambayan after school.

 

Chanyeol dropped his bag at the end of his bed and the stand fan. He then ed his uniform and plopped down the neat mattress. On the other hand, Minho and Jongin were quick to make their way to the computer table that’s parallel to the bed and turn on the PC while the girls settled down on the elongated bean bag chair underneath the hanging bookshelves.

 

At that point, the typical flurry of questions and requests for Chanyeol began to fill the room;

 

“Yeol, may charge PSP mo? Peram ako.”

 

“Yeol, may bagong issue ka ng Banda? Pwedeng pabasa?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter