New Year's Day

The Holidays
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was two in the wee hours of the night and Wendy woke up from the sudden grumble from her stomach, she groaned the moment she realized the predicament that she was in while checking on the time: 1:43 am the clock read. She curses her appetite at this ungodly hour, she had just fallen asleep a half an hour ago only to be awaken by her rude appetite.

 

She pulled the covers off her and grumbled a few curses here and there as she sat up on her bed. Wendy turned to the other side of the bed where she expected a certain someone sleeping soundly and yet she could only see the indentation of someone being there.

 

Wendy ran her hands on the creases of Irene’s side of the bed and it’s still slightly warm, perhaps it wasn’t that long since Irene left bed. Begrudgingly, Wendy pulled herself up and padded her way outside her room down to the kitchen to fix herself something light just to appease her hunger.

 

It wasn’t that long that she reached the entryway of their kitchen and what she saw next brought a wide smile on her face. Irene’s also rummaging through the fridge trying to look for something.

 

“Hungry?”

 

“!”

 

Her voice wasn’t that loud but she saw Irene jump in her hunching position and stood straight away the moment she let out one word. Wendy chuckled at the brunette’s word and shocked face.

 

Wendy shrugged her shoulders and smirked, “Well, if you would allow, we can arrange that.”

 

Irene rolled her eyes at Wendy’s statement.

 

Wendy was now already grabbing a loaf of bread and fixing them both a PB&J. Irene leaned on to the counter as she watched Wendy prep their food under the lights coming only from the refrigerator.

 

A few moments and Wendy turned to her lover, handing the edible masterpiece to Irene. The latter took the sandwich from the blonde’s hands and gladly took a bite from it, showing her habit of making cute and incoherent noises as she shook her shoulders making Wendy smile adoringly at her.  

 

Silence enveloped the two and they stood there just trying to munch on their snack. That was until Wendy broke the silence.

 

“Babe?”

 

Irene stared at her in confusion, wondering what Wendy is thinking the moment she saw her hesitance in her voice and expression. She responded with a hum and an inquisitive look to the blonde.

 

“W-we’re good right?”

 

Irene widened her eyes at the question, shocked that their previous fight still bothered her girlfriend until today – that was like two days ago, although they haven’t really got to spend much alone time with each other given that the previous days in the household was pretty much busy with their holiday reunion activities.

 

They didn’t have the chance to have a decent conversation since then.

 

Irene smiled softly at her girlfriend, features being only highlighted by the light from the fridge, “We are, you even offered me something that I’m very grateful for and I’m good with it, so we’re good. We’re okay, Seungwan.”

 

Wendy nodded at her in response still silent and hesitant with the way her eyes are not meeting hers, Irene saw this and heaved a deep breath. She knows when Wendy’s like this – it meant that she’s overthinking things even though they have talked and resolved it out the other day. So in an attempt to appease her girlfriend’s little mind, she placed the sandwich she’s holding aside and stepped a little closer to her lover.

 

“Babe,” She called out, and when her girlfriend didn’t even dare to look at her she called her again, “Love, Wendy,” she dusted her hands to let the crumbs off her fingers and immediately cupped the blonde’s face, forcing her to turn and look at her, “Hey, please don’t worry about anything – it’s all okay, there’s nothing to be worried about, alright? I’m good, we’re good. It’s in the past now.”

 

Wendy stared at Irene directly in the eyes and with every word the brunette said it helped her ease herself knowing that Irene’s over about the issue and she has now too. She smiled shyly with the fact that she’s stuck about their fight the previous days and Irene’s pretty much have moved on. With her embarrassment she hid herself by leaning towards Irene’s shoulders and holding her tight by the waist as she found her situation both embarrassing and amusing.

 

“Thank you.” Wendy croaked, still hiding herself in Irene’s shoulders.

 

In response, Irene placed her hands on the small of Wendy’s back and tightened her hold, a wide, affectionate smile plastered on her face with the way how her lover’s being cute with her shyness. She leaned onto the blonde’s head as she started to sway them left and right while humming a famous tune from one of her favorite artist.

 

Irene chuckled when she saw Wendy’s reaction, eyes wide and face written with confusion, “Yes, we’re dancing under the refrigerator light.” She answered her lover’s unspoken question, “Isn’t this in one of your high school bucket list?”

 

Wendy smiled at the ground, Irene’s being relentless – she loves how her girlfriend is being understanding and spontaneous right now, without showing any signs of sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter