The Party

The Holidays
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Posting this early cause I might be away coz of work this week, advanced WenRene day guys! I hope you enjoy this - although the fluff isn't much hehehe. Thank you for reading this, let me know your thoughts tho :) 

 

It was a few days after Wendy and Irene have arrived in Canada and believe it or not Irene has been to quite a few places, to be specific she has been to the airport, Wendy's home, Wendy's room, the garden in the Son's backyard, and that nearby Tim Horton's, really quite a lot of places.

 

Currently, Wendy has asked her to tag along to the mall. She would’ve refused to come with but with the blonde’s insistent singing of her co-Canadian singer Robin Scherbatsky’s ‘Let’s go to the Mall’ she had no choice but to say yes to shut her girlfriend up.

 

The two were walking hand in hand eyeing for shops that they could come in to and hoped to buy whichever they deem necessary and fitting to what they want to give as a gift to Wendy’s family. They were walking in easy silence until it was interrupted by someone who’s pretty much unknown to Irene and certainly someone familiar to Wendy.

 

The woman stopped in front of the couple and Irene noticed the wide smile Wendy has on her face, Irene assumed this was a friend.

 

“Seungwan! I didn’t know you’re back in Canada.”

 

“Hey, Somi. Yes, but just for the holidays.” Irene felt Wendy let go of her hand the moment the woman wrapped her lover in a tight hug. She heard Wendy chuckle from the gesture and pulled back. Just like clockwork she saw Wendy extending her hand to her direction immediately holding hers and laced them back like as if nothing happened. “Oh, I’d like you to meet Irene, my girlfriend.” Wendy gently tugged on their joint hands and turned to look at her, giving her of what Irene thought as a proud smile.

 

Somi. That name rang a bell, Irene in a span of mere seconds thought of where she had heard of this name, in one of Wendy’s stories she’s sure of that.

 

“Babe, this is Somi a friend from high school.”

 

And just like a missing piece of a puzzle, the moment Irene heard Wendy, she then realized who this girl was. Somi, Wendy’s first girlfriend. Wendy’s first love, the girl who is said to be the one who taught Wendy how to play the piano. This is the girl who had a lot of Seungwan’s firsts, in the flesh. Irene shook the incoming thoughts away and managed to smile, offering her hand to Wendy’s said to be friend.

 

“Hi, I’m Irene.”

 

The chocolate-haired girl took her hand and gave her a wide smile, “Somi. I’ve heard so much about you, Irene and God you’re so much prettier in person.”

 

Irene couldn’t help but chuckle in response at the compliment; she could even hear Wendy laugh at the statement.

 

“Oh, by the way, Wendy the class are going to have a Christmas party on the 23rd, we’re planning to use the Park Hall for the occasion.”

 

Wendy nodded in acknowledgement, looked at Irene and then to Somi. She’s appears to be in deep thought and Somi broke her train of thoughts, thinking of a sole reason to Wendy’s hesitance, “You can bring your plus one if you want.”

 

A sheepish smile could be seen from the blonde and Irene could only smile from Wendy’s intentions.

 

“I’ll let you know of our decision.”

 

Somi bobbed her head from Wendy’s response, “Sure, I’ll get going then. See you when I see you both. Bye.”

 

“Bye.” Wendy waved her hands as she watched Somi’s retreating figure and then turned to Irene who’s giving her a teasing smile.

 

“So that is Somi. Somi the piano girl whom you have a crush on, eventually became your ex.”

 

Wendy eyed her girlfriend and forced herself not to laugh at the playful teasing, “Yeah, that’s her.”

 

“She’s pretty.”

 

Wendy shrugged and held Irene’s hand, kissing its back, “You’re prettier.”  It earned a pinch on Wendy’s nose and a bump on her shoulders – a gentle smile crept up on Wendy’s face the moment she saw Irene looking at the ground, hiding her wide smile.

 

“Shut up. Let’s go find our gifts for your family.”

 

Irene has already let go of Wendy’s hands and walked a few steps ahead of the blonde, Wendy grinned on the other hand, she always loved Irene’s shy reaction every time she compliments her and she’ll never get tired of throwing these loving words if she gets to see this kind of reaction from her lover every time.

 

*

 

Wendy felt foreign when she drove to her Alma Mater’s parking lot, it felt different and at the same time it’s nostalgic – how many years has it been since she last stepped foot on the grounds of her high school? Almost 10 years if she could remember correctly. It’s somewhat new and yet similar when they entered the school premises, she remembered the gate of the entrance to be a whole lot different as she recalled the days she walked pass through them years ago.

 

A hand placed above hers and a soft gentle voice pulled her back from her own thoughts, “Are you okay?”

 

Wendy didn’t know she was lost in her own thoughts until she felt her lover’s hands, and she laced their fingers together and squeezed Irene’s hand in response, “I’m fine. I didn’t know I missed this place until we entered the place.”

 

Irene nodded and gave her a knowing smile, “Nostalgia’s has its own way of making us feel things, doesn’t it?”

 

The blonde smiled and released a breath she didn’t know she was holding. She has her back leaned against her seat and they sat there in comfortable silence. The sudden shifting from the woman beside her took her attention and she turned her head to check on her girlfriend.

 

“Are you nervous?”

 

Irene nodded as she fiddled with her purse in her hand, “I am. I’m meeting your friends for the first time.”

 

Wendy chuckled and held her hand tightly as if trying to calm Irene down, “Don’t be, they’re all good people. If it helps I’ll be with you all the time.”

 

A hum was heard all in response to what Wendy said and the blonde saw the contemplative look that Irene has on her face, “Something wrong?”

 

“No, it’s just that I’m going to meet your ex again.”

 

“Ah,” She knew this would happen, anyone in this situation could see it coming. Wendy could only utter one syllable, but she understood where Irene’s coming from. Still holding the brunette’s hand tightly, words she wanted to say came out willingly out from , “She’s an ex, yes and she’s also my friend, but that doesn’t mean I still have feelings for her, whatever we were that’s in the past and you’re my present. Trust me I could barely remember everything that we have done when we were dating each other.”

 

“Even kisses in these corridors?”

 

Wendy let out a breathy laugh and halted her steps making Irene stop walking too. In an instant, Irene felt a tug on their joint hands and is now already facing Wendy, smiling smugly at her.

 

“What–”

 

Irene wasn’t able to finish what she’s about to say when Wendy cut her off with a chaste kiss on her lips. Wendy pulled back with a wide smile on her face and managed to say, “I guess that’s one thing off the list on making new memories here with me?”

 

If Wendy didn’t knew Irene any better, she’d think that what she just did had no effect on the woman, but seeing Irene struggle not to crack a smile was just enough to tell her that her girlfriend loved it as much as she does.

 

“You wish.”

 

Wendy’s smile grew even wider the moment Irene turned her back on her and pushed the door of the party hall, her girlfriend’s actions justified her thoughts. She looked at her and uttered, “Let’s enjoy the party.”

 

*

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter