The Aftermath

The Holidays
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifteen hours. It’s been fifteen hours since Irene has been ignoring Wendy, even the blonde’s cute and usual advances didn’t even work on the woman. Always leaving Wendy frustrated and grumbling every damn time she tries to get something out from her lover. It even went to the point of them sleeping together in one bed but it felt like there’s a huge distance between them, and mind you Wendy’s bed isn’t that big. Wendy lost eight hours of cuddling time because Irene won’t talk to her, and that is huge for someone who likes to be the little spoon.

 

Wendy’s currently out with her sister doing some last minute grocery shopping. They were under in comfortable silence as they walked past through the aisles. ‘Liquors’ the sign said. Wendy, who’s pushing the cart, stopped by the wine section, picking up a bottle and started reading its contents.

 

“You’ve been staring into that wine bottle for like three minutes, how much time do you need to decide whether you’d buy it or not?”

 

Her sister’s question brought her out from her reverie and Wendy didn’t even notice that she has been staring at the wine bottle she’s holding for quite some time. “I need your help.”

 

Seunghee stared at her incredulously and retorted, “On deciding which wine we should buy?” She asked as she pointed at the bottle.

 

Wendy knitted her brows in confusion and answered, “What? No, I meant about Irene.” The blonde responded as she placed the wine she’s holding along with another bottle.

 

“Oh, I thought you guys fixed it last night?”

 

“She hasn’t spoken a word to me aside from ‘Merry Christmas, Wendy’” She sighed as she thought about only receiving a dry greeting from her lover from last night’s event. “I didn’t even receive any gifts from her. I’m pretty sure she bought me one.” She continued while walking out of the liquor aisle.

 

Seunghee scoffed and chortled at her sister’s response, also finding it new that her usual rascal sister has a side that she doesn’t know of. “Aww, my little lovesick sister isn’t getting her daily chu-chu kisses from her girlfriend.”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at her sister’s teasing and rebutted, “And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t have someone to get daily kisses from.” She smirked, feeling satisfied with her comeback.

 

Seunghee just smiled widely at her, stopping whatever she’s doing all at once, “I do have someone, although I didn’t get any daily kisses from lately because of the distance.”

 

That stopped Wendy on her tracks and she snapped her head towards her sister’s direction, shock evident on her features – how is she only hearing this now? Did her parents know about this someone? “What?!” She exclaimed, almost garnering the customer’s attention on them, “How did I not know about this?” she continued, “Does Mom and Dad know?”

 

“Calm down, he’s coming here for the New Year, and yes, our parents already met him. I introduced him to the family last Thanksgiving. So, yeah I do have someone now and instead of thinking about your witty comebacks, you should really think about how you should approach Irene.”

 

“My big sister isn’t gonna die a , I’m so happy.”

 

“Did you hear anything that I just said?”

 

“I did, I’m just absorbing the fact that you’re not single anymore.”

 

“So, do you still need my help or what?”

 

“How do we get Irene to talk to me?”

 

Seunghee raised a lone brow the moment she heard Wendy’s question. What the hell?

 

“You’re her girlfriend, you should know. You guys probably had a major fight before, you should know what to do.”

 

“I know but,”

 

“You’re scared this time.”

 

Wendy nodded, she’s unsure if she should call it a fight to be quite honest. Yes, they may have fought before but this time, it’s something bigger than their previous fights.

 

“Well, if you’re afraid to lose her that should say something, right? All you have to do is talk to her and be honest.”

 

A sigh escaped from her lips, with newfound courage she smiled at her sister, popping up her idea onto her sister, “Okay, so here’s what I think that we should do.”

 

*

 

Irene sat quietly on the swings at the backyard of the Son household, it’s not just a backyard though if she may say, a whole house could fit in this lot. She kicked her feet just to keep the swing’s momentum, getting lost in her own thoughts. Her mind goes back to last night’s events from what she witnessed and heard, her chest wrenches at the thought of what her girlfriend has said. She heaved a deep sigh to calm herself down, now staring at the open field in hopes to clear her thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter