Chapter 2

Who Should I Choose?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter





 

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable"





 

——

 

It was a beautiful sunny day. Jennie and her parents were having breakfast together. It was their routine and as busy as her parents can be, they will always have time to sit still and talk in the dining room every breakfast and dinner. Jennie is always very grateful for it because her parents still have time for their only child despite their busy schedules.

"So, everything alright in college?" Her dad asked Jennie.

She nodded while is still full of the food.

"Good, good. I have taken care of your transfer details and it should be ready in 2 weeks"

Right. She's going to move out from Busan to Seoul. How could she forget about that?—well, maybe not forget but she refused to care about it. Not even she wants to talk about it—especially to Lisa. They never really separated and she doesn't know what will Lisa react if she finds out about Jennie moving out.

She sighed, "dad, can I just stay here or elsewhere in Busan and still studying here? It's easier like that."

"We can not. I have explained to you a long time ago, sweetheart."

She knows, she's aware of that, but still, can it be done like that? So everybody will be happy?

Frankly, to say, Jennie is a bit anxious to move out. Maybe because she's never really been into a new environment. She grew up in Busan, she knows so many people, made friends here in Busan. This just freaks her out and she doesn't want to think about it.

Her dad seems to feel her anxiety from the look in her eyes. His daughter is really sweet but also very alert to new surroundings. He still vividly remembered years ago—when Jennie was still 5 years old, it was her first time at the kindergarten. He remembered how anxious little Jennie was. The little girl even cried the night before she went to school. The only thing that made her better was when another girl approached her and tried to hold a conversation with little Jennie.

Thus, her father knows that Jennie's anxiety will reduce once she meets new people. Jennie is naturally a social butterfly even without her trying. But right now, he also knows it wasn't only because of her reason. Wasn't because of her anxiety. It was because of her girlfriend, Lisa.

"Sweetie, if this is because your girlfriend, I'm sure Lisa will be happy to know too. Besides, Busan and Seoul are still close. We are still in the same country. You and she will only be apart for like 4 hours distance."

Her dad's reason is strong and logical but somehow, it wasn't strong enough for Jennie to just let the situation win.

"B-but—"

"Try to talk to her, okay? Invite her here if needed. Let me talk to her"

Jennie's eyes widened upon her dad's words. She thinks it's unnecessary to invite Lisa and talk with her dad. She knows her girlfriend is still a bit awkward around him—not with her mom though, they are like best friends.

"No! Dad. I will talk to her"

Her dad chuckled, "why? You don't want me to talk with your girlfriend?"

"It's not like that..."

"I like her, you know?"

Jennie dropped her head down. She knew her dad likes Lisa a lot. Just like her mom. Lisa is a charmer she can make so many people like her without even trying. She is just like that. Sometimes it made Jennie a little bit jealous because so many people are trying to steal her heart—especially Lisa's college friends.

"Eat now, sweetheart. Let's talk about moving out l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter