Chapter 5

Who Should I Choose?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn't need to run to the mirror to know they were gone"

--

 

After that day, everything went okay for Jennie. After that night, Lisa became quiet for few days but then, everything went normal again. It was as if nothing happened. Lisa was also been busier, she would go back and forth from South Korea to Singapore for her family business. 

Despite her busy schedule, she never forgets to tell Jennie how her day went. She would call her or even just text her—and Jennie would listen. It's just... it wasn't the same anymore. Jennie was so sure that Lisa could sense it, but she played dumb.

"...and so, my dad brought me to this street, it has some murals. You do know how much I love street art, right?" Lisa said over the phone.

Jennie was laying in bed while she listened to Lisa's great stories in Singapore. Lisa has always been a fan of arts, any art that she could find, could make her fall in love with it right away. Jennie always loves seeing how Lisa's eyes glimmer whenever she was talking about it, how she could be so excited about it, hence it makes Jennie miss the latter—it has been very confusing for her lately—confuse about the feeling she has for Lisa.

"That must be so fun. I can sense your excitement from here"

Lisa laughed, "I am! I jiggled so much yesterday. How I wish you were here with me"

Jennie curved a small smile, "too bad I wasn't there"

"We should travel, the both of us, in the future"

"Sure"

There was silence for a moment, until Lisa sighed, "I miss you, a lot"

Jennie slightly felt bad, it's not like she didn't miss the latter, however, she knew she didn't miss her that much—she even enjoyed her time a lot when Lisa was busy. But she couldn't just let Lisa's words hanging, so she lied and said, "I miss you too"

"Good. I started to think that you didn't miss me" she added and chuckled.

Jennie was taken aback, still amazed at how Lisa could be really sharp noticing it, or she just blabbered, "What, why?"

"I don't know... it's just that. We rarely interacting and as far as I remember, I was always the first one texting you"

"Ah, hehe, it's not that. It was because every time I want to text you, you texted me first. That's just timing, baby. Don't think about it too hard, okay? How was the business going?" Jennie stated, she changed the topic real fast, didn't want to make the atmosphere awkward.

"The business is doing fine. There were some investors that were interested in our product. My dad is always open to that opportunity. Good investors, good talk to the media, good stock price. It's a win-win situation"

"Wow, look at you now talking like a true businesswoman, huh?"

Lisa chuckled, "I'm learning. I guess college ain't my thing"

"But college is important for your image to the investor, you know?"

"I know that, baby"

"Good. Then you should finish your study soon, yeah?"

"As long as you are here with me"

"Baby, I'm not joking"

"Okay, ma'am. I'll do as you said"

"Good girl"

They were talking for a good amount of time after that. Jennie admits, it feels nice to have a "normal" talk with Lisa, no fighting or saying things they would regret. It's really rare. These days, they often fought and Lisa often saying she wanted a break-up every time they fight. Jennie hated it, she hates that Lisa easily saying those things when it was just a simple matter, a simple problem, such as Jennie hanging out with her friend for a college project or the lack of conversation they had, etc—and you bet Jennie wouldn't want to break things up with Lisa? She's been thinking about it, a lot lately. She would. 

However, the only reason she was still holding on to this relationship was that Lisa's company is the best—at times like this—yes, Lisa has so many flaws but she was also the one that could understand Jennie like no one else. She knew what Jennie wants and she always gave everything to her. So Jennie won't let go. At least for now.

--

 

 

The next day, Jennie was again, busy with her college project. She has this one big project that she will be presenting in a few months—and she's not alone. She has this group project, with one of her classmates, Kai. Lisa despise him to the core, why? Yes, Kai was the one Jennie hung out with that day. The day she forgot to call nor text Lisa the whole day.

But honestly, there is nothing going on between the two of them—not even she ever thought of playing dirty or cheat on Lisa. For Jennie, Kai is the kind and respectful person she ever met. She likes to talk with him about almost everything, he would just stay still and listen. He is more like... Irene but a man—and Jennie felt grateful that she's being surrounded by good people.

"And so, I think we build a bridge. I have drawn one—actually two. I drew two, here" Jennie said as she reached out her rolled A2 paper.

Kai chuckled, "you came prepared, huh?"

"I did. I just have so many ideas inside my brain. I'm going crazy if I didn't let it out"

Kai nodded as he observed the paper. He likes Jennie sketch the moment he saw it.

"Okay we will use your idea"

Jennie's eyes widened, "wait, really?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

"What about your idea? Have you made it?

"I have, but it's not as good as yours"

"Well, I want to see it?"

Kai smiled upon her stubbornness, he then pulled something inside his bag: a black notebook.

"I sketched here. I haven't really thought of it well, but I have an idea to make a themed.... park? But have yet found the idea of the theme. Here" he said as he gave Jennie his notebook.

"Ah..."

"That is why I like your design and idea more. We don't have much time either"

"But is it really okay?"

Kai let out a short laugh, "of course it's okay. We are a team, your idea is much better than mine. So, don't worry and let's work hard for this"

Jennie smiled and she immediately nodded at him.

They both eventually talked about their project and planning how they want to do it. Kai volunteered to make a presentation and said he will assist Jennie if she needs anything—Jennie agreed by this.

While they both are busy, Jennie's phone couldn't stop vibrating, telling her someone really wants her attention. Kai noticed it, he looked at Jennie's phone.

"Don't you want to take it first?"

Jennie took a glimpse of the caller id, as soon as she read Lisa's name on it, she shrugged her shoulders, "nah, it's just Lisa. I'll call her back later"

Kai was looking at Jennie in confusion, he didn't understand why Jennie said that, did they break up? Or were they fighting?

"What happened? You guys are fighting?"

Jennie shook her head and simply answered, "no"

"...but lately I wasn't feeling it whenever I'm with her, you know."

"You don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter