Chapter 5

THE RETURN OF YOO RACHEL

'Now you know, Young Do. She is my real forever crush. I appreciate it, if you don't tell anybody about it.' Myung Soo said.

 

'Since when?' Zeus's heir asked.

 

'The last year of high school. At that time you considered her as a sister. Also… you wooed Eun-Sang but it seemed to me that you really liked Rachel, so I couldn't ask her to go out with me. Not that in the meantime I didn't enjoy other women, as you already know, but she is special to me. When everything was chaotic, she was the only one, between us, true to herself. When Tan left her for Eun Sang, I was happy because she was single again, but I hated him for how he treated her in public. At the end she disappeared and I remained here as a clubber monster... waiting for her return.' The photographer explained. 

Young Do didn't believe his best friend had a crush on his almost step sister... Myung Soo never showed any interest on her. In some way, this news shaked Zeus' heir and he felt a little vengeful.

 

'You must hurry, then, because Bo Na told me Hyo Shin could woo her soon, if he already didn't do it. They went away together tonight.' Young Do stated, impassible.

 

Myung Soo's face changed expression, from determined to worried. 

 

'Are you teasing me, brother?' he asked.

 

'Not at all. It's the truth... seeing I'm not welcomed, I leave you alone. I will call you tomorrow. May I have one of these photos? They are really good.' Myung Soo was perplexed. Why did the tall man want it?

'Choose what you want. I'll reprint it. Honestly I'm curious why do you want it, but probably you don't know it yourself...'  Myung Soo retorted.

 

Young Do didn't explain it. He left with one of them in his hand. After seeing it for many times, he put it in his wallet.

-----------------------------            

Rachel woke up in her room at the hotel. She was still tired, but she couldn't sleep more for work. She knew that today she should face up to her mother and the headache was already there. The photos of Lee Bo Na's wedding dress were on trend, with the RR brand posted on them. She called for breakfast. Ten minutes later, Young Do was in the room with two portions of it.

 

'Good Morning, Princess. Have you slept well?' Rachel was astonished.

 

'Since when do you call me Princess? Wasn't I 'Sister'? Are you ok?' She put one hand on his forehead and the other on her own, to see if he had a fever to ...

 

'Oh, oh... Can you touch here or you need a staircase? ' In an instant he put her in his arms and lifted her bodily so the faces were at the same height.

 

'Put me down, brute! You seems tall because It's me, but if you were near a NBA player, you would be a little one, so remember to be grateful to the shorts to let you feel so tall!' They laughed together meanwhile he left her touch the ground with gentleness.

 

' But... Why are you here, brother? Honestly I have only a little time before going out and after yesterday, you seems really tired, so you should rest more...': 

Rachel thought to be too much informal with Young Do. She should be more aware that he had a woman and this confidence between them could be misinterpreted.

 

'I wanted to have breakfast too, and I wanted to stay with you for a few minutes… may I ?' She could not refuse.

 

'As you please. I'll be very quick at this. Was Bo Na satisfied with your service?' she asked to change the topic.

 

'Yes. Everything was perfect. I'm really glad. And… Someone told me you went away with Hyo Shin. Was it fun?' As he asked, he regretted it.

 

'Yes. It's always fun and unpredictable with him. I had a good time. He told me about his last years. I think his work will get better and better… I'm proud of him.' Her Sunbae was not a common person.

 

'Are you not proud of me, Sister?' He crossed his arms.

 

'I didn't say that. You are good at yours too. I'm impressed. Really.' She didn't want to go further and was in a hurry...

'I must go now, sorry. In the afternoon I'll free the room, maximum tomorrow morning  anyway, because my work is going well, but I still don't have enough to pay for this place for too many days'. She didn't like to say this, but it was the truth and she could not escape it.

 

'Relax… Bo Na will pay for it.' He remembered the phone call with the newlywed

Her eyes sparkled with fire.

'My work is finished. She can still pay for today, but not beyond. I don't want to owe her anything. I'm a proud girl, Young Do. I will never let others manipulate me, even if it is my own mother. I swore it to myself. I have to change, now, so please leave me alone. Have a good day, brother.'

 

After that, in a quarter she went to her mother's office.

At his office, Young Do was thinking about their breakfast together.

'Rachel will always be Rachel, uhm?' A little smile was on his lips. He still felt her touch on his forehead. Something was strange in his body... Something he hadn't felt in a long time...

-------------------

 

When RS' international heir passed the door of her mother's office, she felt ice all around her.

 

'Do you still remember the way to this office, I see. What's this news? Have you made your own brand in competition with mine? Silly…

Her mother didn't show a little interest about her health, her life. Nothing. Only business and work.

 

'I'm not competing with you. I want to do what I want, how I want and with my own strength. Nothing more.' Rachel's face was an impassibile mask.

 

'I can buy it, then. You continue to work as you please, but under my Brand. It is the best solution… right?' Lee Esther was sure to obtain it.

 

'I'm sorry, but I will be a maverick dog. Many people don't like RS' brand. If I put mine under yours, it will be out, too. Let me have my way.' Rachel already knew it would have been difficult to escape from her mother.

 

Wrong answer. 

 

'You can't do as you wish, Rachel. You are RS' heir. Not the owner of an empty brand. Do you understand? Discussion finished. Ah!... I have taken a date for you with a handsome heir. His family has been rich for decades. They are in the electronics business…'.

 

Rachel rolled her eyes for the first time in front of Lee Esther.

 

'I prefer to be the owner of an empty brand, that is in all magazines now, than RS' heir and you can't tell me who I must marry or not anymore. I leave all this empire to you, mother. For business, marry who you want when you want. I don't care whom you give your body to…'

 

Slap.

 

'You passed the line, Rachel. All I have done, I have done it for you and you know it…'

This time Rachel interrupted her mother, raising her voice.

 

'Don't use me as bait. You did all for you, not me. The truth is difficult to digest, right mother? I think we have nothing else to discuss. Oh, yes… here… your black cards, I didn't use them...Take care.' Rachel was furious, but contained her rage putting again her always impassible face. Now she should really go on only with her legs, because she had definitely cut her umbilical cord.

 

Rachel went to an estate company to find a little apartment to live in. In a few days, she found what she wanted and transferred there. In the meantime, Young Do obliged her to stay a few days more on free at his hotel's room, telling her that it was a brother's present.

Rachel didn't want to seem ingrate and at the same time give him problems, so she thought it was right to offer him a dinner.

'Do you want to eat something with me next Sunday, brother? I pay for it... I owe you at least this… oh...if it's not a problem with your girlfriend'.

After a moment in which Young Do seemed to ponder if accept it, a smirk on his face was the best way to say 'yes'.

-------------------

The day come and Rachel went to his hotel as per agreement.

When she was to send him a message, to say she was there, he went out of the lift, in a casual style.

'Let's go. I'm hungry. I will decide the place and you will pay…' The tall man said.

 

 'Hey! You will make me a peasant… I know you!' Rachel's temper was always at the top.

 

'You are already it, sister. Don't you know it?' He smirked again.

 

'Then I will not pay for you… make it like I have not told you… bye.' She was pissed and started walking off.

 

'I was joking… don't be angry. Come with me…'

He took her wrist and started to pull her behind him, to his motorbike

'Like old times, Sister! ' he gave her a helmet as he always did when they were younger.

She accepted it grinning and got on it.

'You know I will not cling on you, Brother...'

At this phrase, Young Do laughed heartily, but this time he took her hands and put them on his body,  hugging him.

'You must do it, now...' With this, he started abruptly and Rachel found herself hugging him.

At the arrive, they were in front of some food to eat on the street and Rachel was happy. She wanted to eat something good and heavy with a good beer in the company of her friend. She was no more the haughty rich girl of the high school. Her life in London and USA had changed her prospective of life, so now she could appreciate also the street food. They sat at a little table, difficult for him, but stayed there for a few hours. They talked, laughed, joked and teased each other all the evening. They didn't notice  the time passed and when they realized it, it was past midnight.

Having the phone in mute, he didn't notice some messages received on it.

When she saw the time, suddenly got up to go and paid at the hill, as it was really late.

'I apologize Brother, but I must go now. Thank you for the company... I admit it was funny.'

She was calling a Taxi but Young Do stopped her.

'I accompany you at home. Tell me where we must go.'

'It is at the opposite direction respect your hotel... Are you sure you will not ask me money for the ride?' She teased

 

He raised his eyebrow as usual on her comment. 'I'm thinking about it...' he joked.

 

When they arrived at her apartment, she was sad to let him go, but it was time.

'It has been a good night. Thank you, Young Do. I needed it. When I'll be at the top again, I'll pay for something more refined...' 

 

'I can have that all day. This is more funny, trust me. Thank you too.'

 

When she came out from the motorbike, he immediately asked…

 

'Don't you let me see your new home, Sister?'

 

'Not now. When it is ready, you will be able to see it. I promise. Good night, Tree…' she smiled

 

'Oh… you learned it from Bo Na. Good night, Short.' He said laughing.

 

They didn't notice the paparazzi following them. He took many photos of the two together. 

 

The day after, the scoop of Zeus' heir on a date with RS' one, was in all magazines.

 

Rachel called him as soon as she read the news.

 

'Brother… I'm sorry. I didn't think about it. I was used to being in America and nobody noticed me. If you need, I talk with your girlfriend to not be misunderstood. I'm really sorry. I'll give a statement in which I clearly deny our relationship as lovers' ...' She was mortified.

 

'It's not necessarily. We can use it to our advantage. Your brand will have more spots and they will talk about Zeus. It's always advertising. Don't say a word about it. We must do our lives as usual. For my girl, don't worry. I explain to her.' He had already thought of a solution for both.

'Thank you Brother. I'm reassured. But call me if you change your mind and I surely will clear our position to your woman. Bye'.