Chapter 4

THE RETURN OF YOO RACHEL

Bona was a little uncomfortable at the idea to enter in Rachel 's room... she didn't know how to confront her ex friend after so many years. The only thing that let her have the courage to do it, was the thought of her wedding dress... she should have it. 

She knocked the door and Rachel open it with a smile on her face. 

 

'Yoo Rachel… really are you???  You seem so different from that time… A little better, I admit. How are you?'

 

'I'm fine, thank you. Are you sure to want ruin your life with marriage?' Rachel laughed at her own joke and Bona did the same.

 

'Of course! My man is the best in the world. Didn't you know?' The CEO showed how proud was of Chan Young.

 

'If you say so... But don't waste time. We have only little one to make you a spectacular bride...'

 

'Well… let me see the clothes. I want to try them!'. Bo Na's eyes were already sparkling…

 

Rachel was focused on her work to notice the looks on her by her ex friend. The stylist  proposed some changes on her choice and the buyer agreed.

 

'I would have seen you on another model that I think suits you better, but if you prefer this… as you wish.' Rachel knew the other woman enough to know nothing would have changed her idea.

 

'I didn't think you were so good at this work, you have exceeded my expectations'. Bona praised Rachel for the first time in her adult life.

 

'I don't know why you had doubts… I have always been the best in fashion and not only in that, right?' She did a big smirk on the face of the future bride. They both were finally relaxed with each other...

 

'You are still impossible, Yoo Rachel. Tell me why you don't come to eat with us…' She went directly to the point.

 

'As I have already told Young Do, I'm not interested to see people I don't have anything to say. I'll see whom I want to see, privately. That's all. Now, let me work, or your dress will not be ready for the tragic date… I really pity him ...' She teased.

 

'Ya! My man is very fortunate to have a special girl like me. You're invidious that I have found the best. Tsk!' Bona shown a little frown in jest.

'Right, right… very invidious. Now go out, otherwise… no dress. I'm not joking.' The sound of her words were sweet but firm.

 

'Rachel… thank you.' She left

 

----------------

Rachel rented a little tailoring workshop to work on the dress. She passed there the last two weeks and half. The only things that stopped her were some calls from her boutique or important customers. This occasion would have been a big advertisement of her brand for Korea and not only. She finished two days before what she had thought and decided to also prepare the model of the dress that she preferred on this occasion for Bona, that needed only some little but important changes. 

Rachel was very tired and her chronic headache was strong. Finally she called the entertainment's CEO.

'Hey Badass, your dress is ready. Please come here to try it.' 

Bona was excited at the idea to see her official wedding dress.

'Let me finish a urgent work and in a couple of hours I'll be there...'

 

'Fine. I'll sleep waiting for you, then.' Rachel was exhausted. She really needed some rest.

 

Young Do arrived five minutes before Bo Na and knocked on the door.

 

'Sister… are you alive?' He said through the door. On that level, there were only their rooms.

 

She opened it like a zombie with a super headache as companion.

 

'No. I'm dead. I want to sleep forever… Why did you wake me up? I had still three minutes before the hurricane came into my room…' she said.

 

At that moment, Bona silhouette was seen from both of them.

 

'Why are you here, Zeus' Tree?' Bona greeted Young Do in her usual way.

 

'To see the Monkeys, of course…' he responded smiling.

 

'Very funny… Since you are already here, stay and tell me what you think of my dress and please be honest.' Bona was in confidence with Young Do and his opinion was very trustworthy to her.

 

She went to change the clothes, while Rachel was still sleeping on foot. She was all disheveled. It was strange to see her not in a good appearance. Who knew her, thought it was impossible during high school.

 

When Bo Na arrived, Young Do clapped his hands in approval. The woman was radiant.

 

'Simply wonderful, Bona. For real. You're a beautiful bride…' he was sincere.

 

The girl was happy. It was exactly as she had thought of it. The tailoring was perfect. Bona went near Rachel and kissed her on the cheek.

 

'It's like I wished. Thank you.' She went to change clothes again.

 

Rachel had woken up . She didn't believe the gesture made by the other girl, like a real friend. If she hadn't that damned headache, she could have said to be happy at that moment.

 

Bona gave the last warnings before going home...

'I must go now. See you here in three days because I chose this hotel for my wedding party, seeing as the current owner pleaded with me to do so, given the longstanding friendship. Young Do... don't let me be disappointed. Rachel... let me have the invoice to pay for your work. Regarding the wedding, here my invitation. I don't know what table I could put you on, because we haven't seen for a long time and it's difficult to imagine the people whom you don't dislike, but If you want, you can be at the same table with this Zeus’ boss, called ‘Tree’.... Let me know… ' Bona was always funny and friendly.

 

'Do as you wish. I really don't care. In the worst case, I'll hold my nose...' Maybe Rachel didn't change so much, thought Bona.

 

'Ok. I will do as I wish but don't complain with me after! You seem very tired Princess and honestly you don't look good. Joking aside, I am worried for you'. She continued and noticed that Young Do was agree with her 

 

'It's your fault... I worked day and night for that dress. You had changed so many things, that the time became short. I risked not finishing it on time. Now I go to sleep and I don't want to be disturbed by anybody. I have silenced Lee Esther already ten times. Next one, I'll have to answer obligatorily. Yaawwnn… good night.'

 

'It's daytime Sister…' Zeus ' heir stated pointing the big light of the sun flooded the room. 

 

'No. It's night. I'm sure… I'm going to sleep, then it's night. Go out. Bye.' Rachel wanted to sleep as soon as possible, headache permitting.

 

When he went out, he was still laughing. He didn't remember Rachel so funny.

----------

The day before wedding, Myung Soo came to the hotel to prepare the lights for the photo shoot and the films. He was one of 347653387654  photographers, because he hoped it was his big break. Many people have relied on this marriage to promote their business. It was the wedding of the year. Many idols, actors, actresses, groups, musicians were invited. Aside from the bride and groom, shine on this occasion meant a jackpot.

 

The day arrived. All the invited were excited to attend the event.

 

Knowing that to have always a plan B is useful, in early afternoon Rachel asked Zeus' heir to put the other wedding dress in a secure place, in case of need, but not telling it to a soul. 

                                                   

He agreed without problem. After that he disappeared. All the organization was on his shoulder and failing this event would have been the end. He checked every detail personally more and more times.

At the wedding time, all was ready. Young Do was in a black brand wonderful tuxedo, with his long hair gathered in a low ponytail. Rachel had a long low cut simple silk burgundy dress, with an iridescent effect that changed the color in a different light. Black High heels with a little black ceremony handbag and only a three line diamonds' tennis bracelet, with not too heavy perfect makeup. A goddess. When she appeared at the hall, all the looks were on her. Envy from women, admiration from men. In the entertainment world a new star seemed to appear. She went to see if Bona needed her help with the dress. The bride and groom were taking some photos when some of their friends proposed a toast. A waiter came with the glasses and one of the guests  by mistake, awkwardly, dropped the contents  onto the bride's dress.

 

The screaming of the woman was heard at the end of the building.

The guest was mortified and didn't know how to excuse himself. Bona was crying and sobbing as it was not the end. All the crew tried to take the dress immediately to the dry cleaner of the hotel. As Rachel knew about it went to Bona to reassure her.

 

'Stop crying or your beautiful make up will be gone. Listen to me… I have another dress ready. It is the one I wished you put on tonight. If you accept to change it, it will be here in five minutes. What do you think?' Rachel talked very quiet.

 

The bride didn't believe her ears…

 

'Is it real?' She started to stop crying.

 

'Do you think I can joke about it in a moment like this???? …' Rachel rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

'Please, let me have it now.' Bona finally smiled.

 

Young Do had already gone to take it.

 

In a little time, the new dress was there and Bo Na put it on immediately. As Rachel already knew, it was way better than the other. When Young Do saw it, a big smile appeared on his face.

 

'Honestly, Monkey, this is what I thought it had been really perfect for you. Good choice.'

 

'I had no choice. This is what Rachel thought was perfect for me but I didn't want to. Now I can see she was right.' The bride admitted.

 

'I'm always right, but this is not the moment to remember it. Are you ready? Your man is waiting for you…'

 

With a little make-up retouch, Bona, accompanied by her father, went to her Chan Young. 

When Young Do and Rachel were the only two left in the room, the first talked...

'Good job, Sister. You saved her and me. I owe you. And...good taste.' Zeus’ heir complimented RR’s boss.

 

'Let's go?' she asked, taking his arm smiling.

 

'I'm sorry, but my woman is waiting for me.' He said embarrassed.

 

'Sorry. I didn't know. Excuse me.' She said with a sad smile and went alone to her table. After, he reached her at the same table, with his girlfriend Anne.

 

After twenty minutes, there was a new husband and wife. At kiss, all applauded them and the feast started. Music live, dancing, group games, karaoke… the night went really well, full of entertainment. 

 

'Here is my heroine'. Said the bride during her tables' tour, when she arrived at Rachel's one. Seeing her stylist bored, the host was disappointed.

 

'What are you doing? Why are you not enjoying the feast?' Explosive Bo Na in action.

 

'Don't worry… I'm enjoying it seeing the others do it.' Rachel seemed pissed off. 

 

'Ah, no! It's your turn on karaoke… all the male idols ask me to see you on stage. I can't disappoint them… you know?' The bride grabbed Rachel wrist and pull her to the stage.

 

'Please don't do it to me, Badass…' Rachel pleaded.

 

'oh yes, Ice Princess…' Bona was determined to see her friend enjoy the feast.

 

When they reached the stage, an immediate applause of appreciation by the male public started. 

 

'Ah...Ah… one, two, three…ok. The mic works. A little attention, please. Miss Yoo Rachel, as well as tonight's stylist, will now show you as a Princess sings and dances on stage. I know she is good, because I have known her well since we were little. What do you want to choose, Miss Yoo?'

If a gaze could kill, Bona had died at that instant by Rachel, but she was put in the corner and now she should do it.

 

'I apologize to those who would like to hear a good singer, unfortunately I'm here. As you all can see, I resemble G-Dragon (all public laughing) and to avoid falling asleep at this beautiful party, I propose to sing 'I'm a good boy' from the fantastic Big Bang.'

 

As the music started, Rachel's singing and dancing conquered all the public, so some idols reached the stage and did it together with her. A simple karaoke became a real show. 

At the end there was a standing ovation by all guests.

 

Bona was enthusiastic and kissed her husband passionately, pointed by all the guests, that clapped their hands for that public audacity.

 

At Rachel's table... or better... at Zeus' director table...

 

'Who is she, Young Do? Do you know her?' His girl asked.

 

'She is one of the most important and rich heiresses in Korean business.' He simply replied.

 

Tan and Eun Sang obviously participated at the wedding too. Seeing Rachel so y and charming left the man astonished. She seemed so relaxed and at her ease that Jeguk's heir started thinking she was unrecognizable.

 

Myung Soo took many photos at her exhibition, smiling all the time about the beautiful subject.

 

She found Hyo Shin who was invited too. When the waters calmed, they found themselves dancing together. She was happy to see him again after so many years and he was more manly but always very smart and ironic.

 

'How are you, Sunbae? You seem well…' Rachel started.

 

'I'm fine and you'll never cease to amaze me, Yoo Rachel. You were wonderful on stage. It's strange to think that seven years have passed from the last time we saw each other…  Do you know what is the funny thing? We kissed on their anniversary engagement and now we are meeting at their wedding… that couple always brings us together… right?' Hyo Shin became more handsome, she thought.

 

'… but we are better than them!' She laughed.

 

'Maybe… and you, Rachel? It seems you are fine, too…What about your headaches and insomnia?' He smiled back

 

'I sleep better now, but my headaches are still there. They make me company often. For the rest, I studied hard and started my own business. I would like to talk to you more, but unfortunately I think that in an hour, maybe less, Lee Esther will be here after seeing the wedding dress of my personal brand, so I have to leave. I'm too tired to argue with her tonight and surely not here during a feast.' Her face showed great stress now.

 

'What about if we leave together? We can go to drink something, relax at some place… I don't like weddings too much, if it's not mine…' Hyo Shin proposed.

 

'Ok. I think it's better to go, then, because she could be faster than I think.' Rachel begin looking around.

 

She approached the newlyweds to thank them for the invitation and say goodbye before going out.

Bona was perplexed... She didn't understand why Rachel was leaving so early, not even seeing the cut of  the wedding cake. The best was yet to come...

 

'Hey, You two, your wedding is fabolous but I must go now, if you don't want to have it ruined by Lee Esther. Hyo Shin is going to accompany me. Chan Young… Take care of that woman in my beautiful dress… that it's my present for you. Be happy.'  Rachel gave a hug to Bona and a handshake with the groom. Both responded in the same way.

After saying the motivation of her departure, Bona understood. Rachel's mother could have done some scenes even if that was an important marriage. All to speak about RS' company (bad or good was not important...).

'Thank you, Princess. At that time you ruined my engagement's party,  but you really saved this one today and made the day wonderful. Go now, or it will be late.' They were sad for the leaving, but they knew Rachel was right. It could happen...

 

Ten minutes after,  Lee Esther was there. Even without invitation, she knew nobody would have blocked her to the wedding party.

Looking around, she went directly to the main couple.

'Congrats on your wedding. Beautiful dress, indeed. Someone told me it was design by Rachel, right?  I'm looking for her. Do you know where she is?' ' Lee Esther's sharp gaze and tongue.

 

'She has already gone. She was tired. I'm sorry. You missed her for a few minutes…' Bo Na barely held back a grin.

 

Lee Esther was fuming.

'It's ok. Thank you and congratulations again…' She left.

Like a storm, Rachel's mother came and went out. Many people pitied Rs' heir... her parent didn't change at all during the years.

 

'Rachel is a genius… she already had foreseen all this. If she was still here, it would have been a disaster.' Bona told her husband.

 

'Indeed… Rachel's choice to leave, helped us to not ruin the feast. I'm happy about this. Today must remain a good memory for all of us.' Chan Young confirmed.

 

It was around midnight, and many old guests were gone.

Young Do, as the organizer, was still there. He didn't enjoy the wedding too much, because it was also work for him. His girlfriend went to her home by taxi, because she was annoyed to be left alone at the party. He found himself to check with the receptionist if Yoo Rachel had come back to her room, but she answered that it was still empty and she was no more to be seen. He was thinking were she could be at that hour...

When he turned in modality business on, he asked the newlyweds if they were satisfied and all was of their liking. It seemed all went well...

 

'It's perfect, Young Do. The only thing for which I'm sorry, is that Rachel had to go early to not see her mother. Many idols still ask of her. But not all is for the worse, because Hyo Shin went with her… if my intuition is still good, for how he was looking at her, I think a new couple will be soon.' She was excited and gave him a smirk.

 

He didn't know why, but this news pissed him off.

 

When all finished, Young Do relaxed. 

He didn't want to go to sleep, because his adrenaline was still circulating, so he went to Myung Soo's studio. He thought to find his friend sleeping on the sofa, but with great astonishment, he was still awake and working on his photos for the same reason. Myung Soo modified and printed some of them in particular. This time, Young Do noticed that his friend was not so happy to have him there. He felt as on this occasion, he was not welcomed by Myung Soo, like he wanted stay alone, without be disturbed.

 

'Why are you here, Young Do? Are you not tired?' He was serious.

 

'Wow, wow, wow… I understand your forever crush has married, but you are a viper, now. Don't treat me like that, brother. I don't deserve it... What are you printing? Usually you don't do it in this way... Ah! I know it… These are the photos of the y girls at the wedding to put on the wall in your room...' The tall man smirked.

 

When the images were ready on the paper, only one subject was on it. They had been taken during Rachel's performance on the stage. 

 

Myung Soo put all his knowledge of photography to do them at best and the result was fantastic. Young Do looked at his friend in the eyes. Words were not needed.