Chapter 1

THE RETURN OF YOO RACHEL

It's the end of their high school years. They had their Suneung exam and Rachel finally tied with Yoon Chang-Young in first place, followed by Young Do, Jo Myung Soo and Eun Chan. Bo Na and Kim Tan, in the middle of the list. Jeguk's heir's official engagement with Eun Sang is now a fact and for Young Do and Rachel, it's difficult to digest. With the enlistment of Hyo Shin, the number of people whom RS' heir could talk to was one. Zeus' heir was full of work to learn before going to University and the military, because his father was still in prison and will be for some years. His friend Myung Soo decided to go to study law as per his parents' order even if his dream was to be a photographer. 

Rachel decided to go to study at prestigious Oxford college, to obtain a master in management and leave that environment for some years. She wanted to say goodbye to Young do before leaving.

"Hey Brother, what about a meal together?" Rachel called him.

"Sorry, Sister, I have no time now. Next time…" She understood from his voice that he was in a rush.

"Fine".

During her trip by car to go home, she saw him out of a bar speaking with Eun Sang. Her rage was at full. He will always be succubus of the charm of that simpleton and will choose the other over her.

 

The next day, Rachel was finally on the airplane ready for her new life. She cut all the relationships with the rich heirs, because she didn't want any connection anymore, especially with the tall, stupid one.

 

In England, meanwhile she was busy with her business' studies, she learnt tailoring.

She wanted to be independent from her mother to not be obliged to marry a man for business. So… day by day, she saved the money her mother passed to her for shopping and started to do her own unique high style dresses. She became a promoter of her brand. After three years, she opened her personal shop, named 'RR style', in which RR's meaning was for 'Rich Rachel'.

She became famous among the rich youngs that studied there and their families. Word of mouth did the rest. She also hired new staff to meet the growing demands of her customers, men and women, all of this unaware of Lee Esther. By her Master's graduation, the shop was well underway.

 

-------

Young Do studied law with Myung Soo. He decided that he would learn business it in the field, but he needed to know law to defend his empire. His high IQ helped him to reach top results in both studies and work. He was smarter than his father and a right shark to improve his earnings. He was very successful at work, his relationship with his mother got better during the last years, but in love, his relationships were, most of the time, superficial. Always on tabloid as one of the most eligible heir, he was seen with different women during the years and surely he hadn't interest in Eun Sang anymore. Sometimes, when he thought about the past, he wondered how could he have fallen in love with her. Now, he sees her as a boring, sweet woman. She was still with Kim Tan, but all their 'super wonderful' love was no more 'super wonderful'.

In the meantime, Hyo Shin ended his military duty and started to study directing in Seoul, with great results. His film works were original and nominated during many festivals, but his relationship with his family, didn't improve.

 

After graduation, Bo Na and Chan Young were finally engaged. Both went to university to study business. He was always a top student with maximum votes in every subject, meanwhile Bo Na's goal was to reach the graduation, to take over business' family even if the results weren't the top.

After their college graduation, Chan Young, Myung Soo, Young Do and Kim Tan went to military period in the same place, thanks to their connections.

During one of the free exits, they remembered their high school time. In front of a fresh beer, they talked about people of that time. 

 

'Do you remember how was Bo Na at school?' Young Do was already smirking to Myung Soo for his stupid question.

'Cute as always… Don't speak badly of my sweet half…' Chan Young said smiling.

'How about Eun Sang? Do you remember the scandal of that time?' Myung Soo continued to Kim Tan.

'It was really hard for us... fortunately in the end, it went well...' The illegitimate son was at ease, but was interrupted by the Zeus' heir

'... for me. Don't be offended, but I'm happy not to be with her now. She is really good for you, I'm sure… but I need someone more devilish and intriguing…' Young Do completed the phrase laughing.

'What about Yoo Rachel? Who knows what happened to her... I haven't heard from her since'. Myung Soo said, with a pensive frown

Young Do's expression changed. He was no longer joking. He remembered the last time he spoke with her, when he lost the occasion to say goodbye before her departure.

'She was always an 'Ice Princess', even if I sometimes was sorry for her at that time. But a forced engagement couldn't end well, you know.' Kim Tan defended his choice.

'I don't know. To me, she seemed really in love with you. She had flown all the way to USA to see you... to not speak how she treated Eun Sang when she saw you two together there... Surely she was unpleasant and obsessed with you, but now, if I think from her point of view, if someone would try to take away my Bona from me, I could be worse... I believe that if two people learn to know each other, it can work. It depends…'  Chan Young rationally said.

'Thinking of it… Tan… you had all three! Our lady's killer…' Myung Soo  lightened the conversation and all of them started laughing.

During that night, the sudden thinking of Rachel, came in Zeus' heir's mind. 

She never answered his messages or calls after that time.