You're back?

GTOP Break-up One-shot Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun is in front of his office building, waiting for his Uber ride while talking to someone on his phone.

                 SEUNGHYUN
I'm waiting for my ride. The regular ride is so expensive so I used Uberpool instead. No, there's not much traffic right now. I promise I won't be late.

And as if on cue, he sees a car approaching him.

                 SEUNGHYUN
Hey, I think this one's my ride. I'll be there in a while. Okay bye.

He checks the plate number to make sure it's his uber ride before entering the car.

                 DRIVER
Mr. Choi?

                 SEUNGHYUN
Yes.

Inside the car, there is Jiyong who is busy typing on his phone. Seunghyun settles in his seat without looking at the other man sitting beside him. The car starts to move and the two men sit in silence, doing their own thing, not engaging in any way, then Jiyong's phone rings, and he picks up.

                JIYONG
Hello? Yes. I'm on my way now. We just picked up the one I'm sharing my ride with. I'm sorry, you know I'm trying to save some money. Regular rides are very expensive.

Seunghyun just sits there, and as he listens to the conversation he immediately recognizes that voice. He knows whose voice that is, so he subtly twists his body towards the guy next to him. He's right. That is him.

                SEUNGHYUN
Ji?

Jiyong who is busy talking on the phone looks back at him with wide eyes opened, clearly shocked to see him.

                JIYONG
Hyung!

He's so surprised that he tells the person on the other line that he has to go.

                JIYONG
I have to go. I'll call you back. Bye.

And immediately hangs up and turns his attention to Seunghyun, shifting his body to face him as he puts his phone away.

                JIYONG
Hyung! It's really you! You're back!

They look like they haven't seen each other in a long time and are quite excited to see each other like longtime friends unexpectedly reuniting.

                SEUNGHYUN
Yes. How are you?

                JIYONG
How am I? How are you? We haven't seen each other for a long time.

Seunghyun nods at that, smiling at the other.

                SEUNGHYUN
Yeah. 4 years?

Jiyong smiles back at him and leans back on his seat, nodding. 

                JIYONG
4 years.

                SEUNGHYUN
So, what's up with you?

Jiyong shrugs but answers him. 

                JIYONG
Nothing much. Same house. Same job. Same old Jiyong.

Seunghyun chuckles. 

                SEUNGHYUN
Really? Same old Jiyong who can eat a whole box of pizza in just one sitting? All by himself?

Jiyong laughs and hides his blushing face with his hands. Seunghyun missed this, he looks at him lovingly.

                JIYONG
I don't do that anymore. I am living a healthy life now.

Seunghyun pouts at him, looking disappointed. 

                SEUNGHYUN
Why? Food is life.

Jiyong playfully hits him on the shoulder.

                JIYONG
I was so chubby back then.

                SEUNGHYUN
Yes, your cheeks were so fluffy.

                JIYONG
And whose fault was that? I gained fifteen pounds, all thanks to you! 

                SEUNGHYUN
And I have zero regrets. Chubby Jiyong is my favorite. 

Jiyong glares at him and Seunghyun just shrugs. 

                 SEUNGHYUN
Plus, I only did it to keep the other guys away.

                 JIYONG
You were the worst boyfriend, you know that?

                SEUNGHYUN
I know. I can't say the same thing to you, though.

                JIYONG
Of course you can't. I was the best boyfriend.

Jiyong is only joking when he said that, but Seunghyun is being sincere when he responds to it, feels sentimental all of a sudden.

                SEUNGHYUN
Yes, you were. That's why I can't forget you.

Jiyong senses the change in Seunghyun's tone and decides to lighten up the mood. 

                JIYONG
How can you? It’s hard to forget a Kwon Jiyong. I'm one of a kind, you know?

He says it proud and playful at the same time and Seunghyun plays along.

                SEUNGHYUN
Just "one of,"  period.

Jiyong raises his eyebrow at him questioningly.

                JIYONG
Excuse me?

Seunghyung raises his eyebrow in return.

                SEUNGHYUN
Oh, why? Are you kind?

Jiyong holds on to his chest, acting like he's offended by what Seughyun said.

                JIYONG
But of course! You should be thankful I'm kind because if I wasn't kind, I wouldn't have said yes to you before.

                SEUNGHYUN
Why? Who told you I was asking you out?

Jiyong gasps at the audacity.

                JIYONG
Wow, Seunghyun! I swear to- You still haven't changed, have you?

                SEUNGHYUN
Still handsome?

Seunghyun winks at him and smiles showing his dimples. Jiyong just looks at him with a straight face.

                JIYONG
Still arrogant.

                SEUNGHYUN
And you're still sulky.

Jiyong rolls his eyes at that.

                JIYONG
Oh, please? You don't affect me like that anymore.

Seunghyun turns to face Jiyong again, he stares at him for a long time, eye-to-eye, and they have a moment.

                SEUNGHYUN
Is that why up until now, I can see it in your eyes, that you still have a crush on me? You still blush whenever I stare at you.

Jiyong blushes and feels awkward, so as defense, he flicks Seunghyun's forehead making the older yelp in pain.

                JIYONG
You're so conceited.

Seunghyun chuckles, thinking Jiyong still gets flustered easily. They both return to their previous positions, looking at their side of the window, Jiyong has his arms crossed over his chest. They stay silent for a moment until Jiyong speaks again.

                JIYONG
This is too much of a coincidence.

Seunghyun looks at him curiously.

                SEUNGHYUN
What is?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter