If You

[Only a] Wishful Thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

Another episode of D&E SHOW ended today and with the day close to wrapping itself for a rest, Donghae and Hyukjae were preparing to go home. They were still inside the studio, grabbing whatever was necessary when the younger came up with an idea, “Let’s hangout! I got a new bike~~”

 

Hyukjae sent him an incredulous look, judging the other over his sudden proposition. “Since when you’re into cycling?” Although yes Donghae did mention about cycling to him before.

 

Donghae had laugh, taking his bag and stood by Hyukjae’s side. “Just testing it. My friend said it’s really fun. Want to join? It won’t be long, we’re just testing it.” Jubilantly he asked, puppy-like eyes gleaming in excitement making Hyukjae unable to resist as he smiled along to those beautiful one. He did notice of Donghae purposely moving closer to him until there was barely any spaces separating their bodies. Not that it was a first. “What if it’s not fun?”

 

“Sports is always fun! Come on, Hyukkie~~ Come with me. Okay?” Donghae kept persuading him but Hyukjae was feeling divided. Of course he had wanted to spend more time with his friend. Lately them paired up together for the show had been a bliss to his life but having more of it couldn’t possibly be good, right? He’d been too selfish nowadays, yearning more from what he deserved. However, it was only this extent he could stay beside Donghae, having him closer to be held.

 

But his family needed him more. He had promised Sora to help her for dinner and he missed his parents as well. Wondering what they were doing today without him.

 

So he said no, “Sounds tiring. I’ll pass.”

 

 

 

As they walked out to the door, wearing a mask was a necessity nowadays so both had it on while waving towards the fans waiting outside for them. If only they wouldn’t need to wear one, Hyukjae would have noticed the pout resting upon Donghae’s disappointed face with his outmost effort hiding the dishearten expression from affecting his upper face not hidden by a mask. They rode to home separately that evening.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae was lying down on his bed, safely tucked underneath his comfortable duvet when his phone rang loudly by the bedside table. He the table lamp and reached out for it only to see it was Donghae calling. Feeling annoyed he picked up the call, “Donghae, it’s almost 2AM.” But a giggle greeted him from the other line soothed away his annoyance, replaced by a bubbling warmth in his chest. Before he knew it, he was already smiling like an idiot.

 

“I know~~” Donghae trailed on purposefully. Voice deep alike how he usually was off camera. “But I can’t sleep. So I go through a few things in my phone and found this….”

 

“What?” Hyukjae pondered. Sincerely added next, “Shouldn’t you be sleeping, idiot? You’ve been cycling today for 3 hours.”

 

“I’m fine, Hyukkie. Hold on.” Donghae uttered, sounding absentminded somehow. The line went silent for a good second afterwards. “Ok you can open it now.”

 

Hyukjae was clueless on what the dummy was talking about but he just followed his hunch and removed the phone from his ear. The bright light of the screen blinded his vision that he had to squint his eyes shut while fiddling with his new messages. There he saw a short duration video of himself fooling around in the dorm doing God knew what. Hyukjae ended up snickering watching it without even realizing he’d lied back down to the mattress, giggling alone with Donghae’s sweet melodious voice joining along in the background.

 

“Yah!! You still keep it?!!”

 

“Of course! I got a whole hard drive of you dancing like monkey!!” Hyukjae laughed harder hearing that, finding the whole issue hilarious.

 

“Pabo! You should delete them! What are you going to do if anyone sees it?”

 

“What’s wrong if people see it though? You’re cute!” Hollered Donghae in giggles.

 

“I’m hideous!!” Hyukjae fought back with a smile growing wider as he heard Donghae groaning animatedly throughout the speaker. Not agreeing to his claim.

 

“Nonsense! I’ve told you right? You’re the most handsome man in the whole world!!”

 

They ended up talking all night over trivial things, bickering here and there on nonsense only they could understand. Hyukjae lost his sleep that night but he gained more happiness, with Donghae in it. It was more than he could ever wanted for.

 

He’d gladly lose any amount of sleeps if it meant spending more time with Donghae.

 

 

 

 

 

On the very next day, his good mood thanked to the late night talk he had with Donghae crumbled into dust—by the very own person putting the smile on his face before he was engulfed in a sweet dream last night. Hyukjae swore he shouldn’t have put too much faith in a normal phone call, never should think about trying his luck nor harboring more feelings for his own best friend. Yet he did, all of those in a span of one night. Never could it lasted on the next evening of another D&E SHOW broadcast.

 

“I want a child that looks just like me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter