Chapter 4

Always & Forever With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 4 This is a Self-Defense Lesson

 

A certain marquess’ blonde daughter excitedly headed towards the main building to see the announcement board.

 

“I’m nervous.”

 

“I hope I don’t fail or else my parents are going to scold me again.”

 

“Yes, I passed! I’m number #20 now.”

 

“I barely made it, but I survived!”

 

“Let us do well on the next.”

 

Students gathering could be heard talking to one another while checking on the results. It was the day the academy officially announced the current passers on the mid term exams. Rosé could not sleep last night as she was too excited for this day to come.

 

“Excuse me, coming through…excuse me, sorry” Rosé traversed through people who flocked to see their names on the announcement board. When she made it to the front, she immediately checked on the Year 4 students and she widen at the sight, it was still the same result as before. She pouted but also glad at her result.

 

She then browsed for the results of Year 5 students and smiled at the result. She was glad to see that her Jisoo was still one of the top 5 students and luckily, she was 2nd place just like her.

 

“Ah, Rosé shii…my lady” A student shyly called her attention. She looked at the person calling her who was fidgeting in front of her.

 

“Co-congratulations on being top place” the student said and some students also congratulated her.

 

“Thank you, everyone! I appreciate the congratulatory, but I got the 2nd place and not the top place. Lisa is number 1 consistently.” She said pointing out the name of her best friend.

 

Rosé could see their faint displeasure that came from mentioning Lisa being the number one. She tried to hide her frown.

 

“Well yeah but she is a commoner and with a latent status. Those people are just good with academic such as this exam.”

 

“I bet she struggles a bit on the practical exam. Yes, I do not see her name usually on the top.”

 

“Yeah, she’s not all that great and she is still a commoner.”

 

“I suggest not to talk like that about her in front of her. She is my best friend and for sure, she is better than the likes of you all.” Rosé warned and looking each of them like she was memorizing their faces for future use.

 

The students shrieked in fear and apologized in front of her before they ran away not wanting to further aggravate sweet happy sunshine person like her. Her anger was told to be worst than being struck with lightning.

 

Rosé shook her head disappointedly before going to where Lisa was. She was probably at her favorite spot near the library reading some books.

 

There were still a lot of obnoxious people, and they were more evident in the aristocratic people. She used to be like that but not to the extent, she used to look down on commoners but upon seeing their resilience and perseverance, she changed her view about them adding to the fact that Lisa was now her best friend.

 

Lisa did not usually tell things about herself. She was like an open book but sometimes she was like a stranger. She smiles a lot and sometimes loud, but Rosé knew deep down that there was a certain wall built within her. Lisa only let others see what they were expected of her and nothing more.

 

Unlike other commoner students, she did not try to cling to other nobles. She usually was by her own and just doing her own thing. She was stubborn and knew when to fight or not against those who tried to harass her.

 

Rosé once angrily shouted at her questioning her of being a pushover when she saw Lisa being bullied and Lisa just stayed still unbothered.

 

“My father taught me to choose when and whom to fight. Those kids are not worth the effort.” Lisa explained to her.

 

But still, Rosé promised herself that she would be the one to fight Lisa’s battle if the latter just let things be again.

 

~~~

At the Student Council Meeting

 

“Preparation is almost done for the Great Foundation Week” Nayeon, the secretary, reported at the meeting.

 

“Alright, good job everyone. Let us meet again to polish everything after the upcoming platoon recruitment and the joint practicum for Year 4 & 5 students. We will be busy individually so our next meeting will be after two months by then, we just have to do some little works.” Jennie said to everyone before dismissing them.

 

The student council members and each year level representatives then prepared to bid goodbye.

 

While Jennie and Jisoo were still reading some final reports, they could hear the other students whispering about the familiar name – Lisa.

 

“Hey, have you heard the news that Lisa got #1 again.”

 

“Yeah, crazy isn’t it. She has been consistently in that place since she entered, and Year 4 representative only got what? 3rd place. Shocking”

 

“I heard the Grand Duke favored her so much.”

 

“Do you think so? Maybe that’s why she was able to enter here?”

 

“Yeah, she is just average when it comes to field work.”

“Hahaha, well that is expected of a commoner. They do not have any talents. People like her will just end up clinging to a noble for a job no matter how academically smart they are.”

 

“Yeah, maybe that is why she chases the president – the Grand Duke’s daughter.”

 

“Tsk, pathetic. She does not know her place. Good thing our president ignore her.”

 

“Right, she is too ambit---“

 

*SLAM

 

A loud noise could be heard throughout the room which startled the students and even Jisoo who was then became busy instructing Jeongyeon, the auditor, to see some budget plan.

 

The source came from none other than, Jennie Kim who nonchalantly, took another report after slamming the previous one.

 

“If you are going to whisper and gossip about useless things make sure to keep it with yourselves. Do not tame this room with your idiotic conversations. And yes, your whisper is loud enough to be heard even right next to this door.” She said with her indifferent voice like she did not care much. She was too busy reading the next report or pretending to be busy.

 

The students embarrassingly nodded and hurriedly excuse themselves. Jisoo stared at Jennie not saying anything.

 

“What!?” Jennie irritatingly asked noticing Jisoo’s stupid stare at her.

 

Jisoo simply shrugged her shoulders indicating that it was nothing. It was best to kept her thoughts to herself.

 

Jennie ignored her and proceeded going back to reading.

 

The next day…

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter