Chapter 3

Always & Forever With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 2 Thank You for Your Service

 

It was a clear day. The blue sky was visible and there was no sign of impending rain. But still, the wonderful day was filled with thick and bone chilling tension every weekend for Lisa.

 

As someone serving the Grand Duke’s family and since she was enrolled in the academy, it was her duty to take care of Jennie’s needs only for the weekends when there were no classes being held.

 

Over the course of 4 years, Lisa, as instructed by Jennie, spent only 2 hours of cleaning the massive room while the grand duke’s daughter was busy reading from her own study table undisturbed.

 

That 2-hour time was enough to clean the room since Jennie was very organized and neat but there was no room for any conversation, nor any small talk was even allowed. Mostly, it was ordered by Jennie obviously, she did not want to have any conversation at all with Lisa. If she were given the chance to choose, she would prefer not to have Lisa clean her room or even not to have anything thing to do with her. She remembered how her father convinced or rather forced her on this kind of set up.

 

“This is my final decision, Jennie. Lisa needed a job while she’s in the academy and this is my way of helping her because she doesn’t accept any money without anything in return – that stubborn kid just like her mother” Grand Duke said to her expressing his frustrations.

 

“Then let her have her way. She refused to many offers and clearly, does not want to help. Why should we bother ourselves involving with her” Jennie said clearly irritated at the proposal of her father.

 

Her father shook his head, “You know I can’t do that to her. I swear in her parent’s grave that I will take care of her.”

He wanted to help Lisa to be comfortable as much as possible in the academy when he received the news that she got barely accepted.

 

 But Lisa did not want to take too much of the Grand Duke’s generosity and refused everything he wanted to give her. It was not about pride, but Lisa wanted to be independent not wanting to rely to anyone.

 

Jennie discreetly looked over what Lisa was doing. She saw the heavy sweat on Lisa’s forehead dripping down on her chin while carrying the large old comforter and replaced it with the new ones. Nevertheless, Lisa smile did not even falter one bit but continuously put up a genuine smile showing how much she enjoyed being in the same room at Jennie.

 

Lisa tried doing small talk at first with Jennie in the last four years, but the latter shut her down completely showing displeasure towards her. Therefore, the blonde girl decided to just greet her and smile at her whenever she had a chance hoping that the cat eyed girl would initiate the conversation, but it did not happen until now.

 

After Lisa finished cleaning everything, she went near to Jennie who was still reading and not moving her position. She was used being ignored whenever she said goodbye but much to her surprise but short lived surprised, Jennie called her name for the first time in years.

 

“Lisa” Jennie called.

 

“Yes, u-unnie?” Lisa asked dumbly clearly surprised hearing her name directly from Jennie’s mouth.

 

“From now on, you don’t have to clean my room. I don’t need your services anymore” Jennie simply said closing her book and putting it on her bookshelf as if it was more important than telling Lisa the news.

 

“P-pardon?” Lisa’s smile faltered a bit. It was the only weekend she could look forward to in seeing Jennie up close and got a chance to interact with her but now, it was being taken away from her.

 

“I said what I said Lisa. I asked my father already for his permission and if you needed a job or any help with your other finances, you could just approach him. He would be willing to help you.” Jennie said missing the furrowed lips on Lisa’s face.

 

Jennie then turned around to face whom she saw still showing that all good smile towards her.

 

“Thank you for your service” with formality, Jennie simply ended their conversation.

 

But to Lisa, she did want the conversation to end there.

 

“I see…” she whispered which Jennie heard it but did not say anything.

 

“…I guess…you still hate me. No matter what I do for us to be closer again…you will not forgive me. Are you?” she continued but received no response from the person in front of her.

 

Jennie simply looked at her with her usual stoic face and this made Lisa sighed. It was no use anymore and she simply had to accept it. But not letting the opportunity of Jennie looking at her, which she rarely does, Lisa let out her bright usual smile that Jennie was very familiar with since they were kids.

 

“Of course, I accept your decision. Jennie unnie” Lisa said with her bright smile as she turned around before that smile waived.

 

In a hurry, she approached the door to exit but before she opened it, she heard Jennie saying:

 

“You chose this didn’t you. You wanted us to be like this and so, would it better to simply not want to ever have anything to do with you.”

 

Lisa gripped the door handle as if breaking it, she wanted to tell Jennie how wrong she was, but it was not the time.

 

And the door closed.

 

Lisa walked along the grand corridor wanting to leave quickly as if she was being chased. Ignoring the odd looks and the disapproving looks that she was receiving from other students in the luxurious building where Jennie’s room was located, Lisa simply hurried to get into the tram* which would bring her to the library.

  *a mode of transportation inside the academy to take you around instead of cars to avoid congestion inside the campus.

 

Even without a complete stop of the tra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter