Chapter 2

Always & Forever With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 2 Survival 101 from Yours Truly

 

Normal POV

“Thanks to the great ruling of the previous king and the current king, we are at our golden age when there is no war and no invaders of land. The enemy kingdom had perished because of the alimony marriage ..”

 

The professor’s voice faded on the background as Lisa’s attention was outside the window where another, but a livelier class had been going on. It was another lecture of history class that Lisa had no intention of hearing again and again.

 

She preferred to go on practical teachings instead of some boring lessons like this. But this is to be expected for the Latent Status, they are required to take the limited theoretical lessons so as not to “tarnish” the reputation of the academy in accepting commoners.

While dozing off and staring blankly through the window, it was as if her insides were awaken when the sigh of Kim Jennie enter her vision beside her was Kim Jisoo. They were on their own track uniforms stretching for a physical activity. They were both stretching before the start of the class. And it was though there was some visible force that pulled them together which made Jennie looked up and saw Lisa staring at her.

 

Lisa startled at the unexpected eye contact which made her almost jumped on her seat. She waved shyly at Jennie and smiled brightly hoping for the usual stoic gesture to return the gesture. But as expected, she returned it with an annoying look before looking away.

 

Lisa sighed…

 

*SMACK*

 

Then something hit her desk which made her looked up as if trying to not be caught but the professor was already in front of her seat fuming madly by her inattentiveness.

 

“If this lesson is so boring to you Lisa, might as well we make it more worthwhile” the professor threatened.

 

“But professor I---“

 

Lisa could not retort back as the professor eyed her challenging her to dare to give her lame excuses.

 

“I’m sorry professor” Lisa said slumped on her seat in defeat.

 

“Detention in the afternoon” the professor simply said turning his back to her to get back on the lecture.

 

Lisa could only facepalm at her for being whipped. Then again remembering the eye contact with Jennie, it was all worth it. She shrugged and focused on the class not wanting to get into more trouble.

 

~~~

 

“I can’t believe you got detention. AGAIN” Rosé scolded Lisa as soon as she heard from the other classmate of Lisa about her being scolded by the professor.

 

“Aisshhh…I got distracted by the beauty of the Goddess” Lisa replied reminiscing her moment with THE Jennie Kim.

 

Rosé flicked her forehead to stop her from daydreaming.

 

“Ouch! That hurts…” Lisa complained to her friend. Her fellow blonde friend just sticked out her tongue in response.

 

“Don’t get distracted now, we are partners in this class, so I don’t want you dragging me to fail. Got it!” Rosé warned her.

 

“Sheesh, alright! You are too studious sometimes that I do not even know why we are friends. You should go out and enjoy the student campus life” Lisa said to her as they both a classroom they shared together.

 

Rosé or Park Chaeyoung is a fellow 3rd year classmate of Lisa. She has the biokinesis ability. A special status which she can manipulate life up to cellular level just like her family of doctors. Her father is a marquess just like Kim Jisoo’s family which both marquess daughter are betrothed to each other. The Park family is a highly reputable noble who owns several prestigious hospitals not only in the Capital Korea but also to other regions as well. It was not a surprise that she would take the same path as her family.

 

Lisa and Rosé got close and became friends on their first year they had the same class in introduction to alternative medicine. They had a two-day trip to a nearby forest near their academy which they had to sleep on the tent and gather some useful resources they could find.

 

Rosé was at first very wary to mingle herself with the other commoners who took the same class as her. She had this prejudice that these commoners only enter the academy for the sake of money and fame. There had been some reports that majority who were exiled from the kingdom were commoners who graduated in the Seoul Academy. They advocate free reign away from the ruling of one monarch.

 

Thinking that way she heavily refused being partnered with Lisa whom she was assigned to work together. She had rather do her tasks alone that be associated with her. Considering her status and her nobility, the professor did not reprimand Rosé and just let her do what she wanted.

 

And so, she worked alone, and it was the same as Lisa who did not take offense about the action of her classmate. It was expected just like what the grand duke had warned her that it would be tough in the academy.

 

There were others who were also commoners as her who bullied her. These commoners tend to stick with the nobility in the hope of getting some favors with them. They misplaced her items, even stepped on it and they also did some insults trying to provoke the young girl. But Lisa being the cheery and kind girl she was, ignored it and just do what she had to do in adjusting in the academy life.

 

It was late in the afternoon when the class was going back to the tent where they would sleep for the night after listening to the professor’s lectures while showing different types of plants along the way. Rosé saw from a distant that three young women taunting Lisa who was just all smile awkwardly trying not to piss the three of and just stay away from the trouble.

 

“Just because you got the Grand Duke’s recommendation doesn’t mean you are all that great.”

 

“Yeah! You are just the same just like anybody else.”

 

“I bet you did some crazy things just to be in favor of that family. To think that your skin as smooth as this for someone working in the grand duke family”

 

They said loudly getting the attention of others but none dared to help as they all were just commoners who would like to stir up some trouble.

 

One young woman pulled Lisa’s hand but may it be due to instinct she pulled it back making the bully stumble back and lose her footing.

 

Shocked, Lisa apologized, “I am sorry. I did not mean to. You are pulling me violently.”

 

Insulted and humiliated by falling, the woman got up and pushed Lisa. The other two then followed and kicked dirt on Lisa. She did not fight back and just crouched waiting for it to finish.  

 

Not liking the sight in front of Rosé, she shouted at the three bullied commoners.

 

“YAH!!! What do you think the three of you are doing?” she then grabbed some stones to throw at them. Knowing who Rosé they then backed out and left in a hurry.

 

Rosé then hurriedly approached Lisa to help her get up.

 

“Oh my Gosh, are you ok?” Rosé asked forgetting the fact that in front of her was a commoner.

 

Lisa ignored Rosé’s hand not wanting to create another enemy and a noble on her first year in the academy. A short utter of thanks then she hurriedly left the woman who helped her and just ran off in some random direction.

 

Rosé was shocked for the ungrateful reaction of Lisa. Irritatingly, she followed Lisa not aware that they were now far from the normal route back to the tent.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“I am talking to you, yellow head! Is that the way to show your gratitude I just saved you from the bullies” Rosé shouted which made Lisa stopped.

 

Lisa suspiciously looked at the woman in front of her noticing that she too ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter