B.U.B.D.B.A || DaHyo

🙌🏻 DAHYUN ONE-SHOTS 🙌🏻

DaHyo - Break Up, Breakdown, Break Away

Description: Jihyo and Daniel broke up, making Jihyo have a breakdown. Dahyun, her childhood best friend, then helps her break away from her past.

______________________________

*All of this is pure fiction*

______________________________

Normal day, nothing special and as usual, the girls are out doing their schedules.

Dahyun stayed at the dorm since she didn't have anything to do.

She finished her schedule yesterday.

Hence why she was bored, so, she decided to go take a walk first at the park.

Dahyun made sure to wear a mask.

Taking a walk at the park, never failed to calm her or amuse her.

Just the feeling of the cold breeze brushing against her face was enough to satisfy her.

It made her happy.

But what she witnessed when she arrived back at the dorm, brought back the frown on her face earlier.

"What happened?" she asked her members that are comforting the crying Jihyo.

"Daniel. They broke up" Nayeon said.

Dahyun was shocked.

'Why? They love each other so much. Why would they break up?' Dahyun was worried.

"Why?"

"Too busy with their schedules, Daniel's reason"

Dahyun doesn't know why but, it sure does anger her a lot.

Jihyo and Daniel are an ideal couple.

Anyone would give up anything just to have their kind of relationship.

Suddenly, Jihyo ran to her shared room with Nayeon, Sana, and Mina.

The others were about to run after her, but Dahyun stopped them.

"Guys, let me handle this," she said and went ahead of them.

"Unnie?" she knocked.

"Unnie...it's Dahyun" she kept on knocking.

Until she saw the doorknob turned.

The door opened revealing an exhausted, tired, drained leader.

"Unnie..." she mumbled before going inside the room--without forgetting to close the door behind her.

Jihyo went to her bed and lay down with her back facing Dahyun.

The younger sighed, she lied down beside her unnie and hugged her from behind.

"It's okay, just...just let it all out, I'm here" she caressed the older's shoulder.

Jihyo's shoulders started shaking, and later on, Dahyun heard her sniffling.

When the older seemed to have calmed down, Dahyun asked her the real reason why they broke up.

"H-He said that he was forced to choose between me and his c-career" she cried out loud.

Luckily, the dorm is soundproof.

"And?"

"And of course, he chose his career!" Jihyo shouted.

Dahyun sighed.

"Unnie. Sit up" she nudged Jihyo.

Jihyo obeyed and sat up--with her head hanging down.

Dahyun lifted her head.

"Days like this, I want to drive away" she started singing one of Jihyo's favorite songs.

"Pack my bags and watch your shadow fade"

Jihyo's ears perked up at the song.

"You chewed me up and spit me out"

"Like I was poison in your mouth"

Dahyun looked at her with raised eyebrows.

The leader chuckled and finally, smiled.

"You took my light, drained me down, but that was then and this is now--" The leader gave in.

"Now look at me" they both sang.

"This is the part of me" 

"That you're never gonna ever take away from me, no" 

"This is the part of me" 

"That you're never gonna ever take away from me, no"

"Throw your sticks and your stones"

"Throw your bombs and your blows"

"But you're not gonna break my soul"

"This is the part of me"

"That you're never gonna ever take away from me, no"

Both of them smiled.

Dahyun rested her forehead against Jihyo's.

"Feeling a lot better now unnie?" she asked.

"Yeah...thanks to you" the older smiled.

"Want to go on a road trip tomorrow unnie? I can ask the managers to let us go, together with the members"

"Why not?"

Jihyo really couldn't deny the fact that Dahyun was the only one who can calm her during these types of situations.

They're childhood friends after all.

The night passed with Dahyun sleeping beside Jihyo.

______________________________

Dahyun was the first one to wake up among the members.

It was actually surprising since she's usually 2nd to the last to wake up.

But she guesses today's different.

The first thing she does was call their boss--Jinyoung Park a.k.a. JYP.

"PD-nim"

"Oh, Dahyun-ah. Why?"

"Can I ask for a day off? Not only me but for the other members too"

She can hear JYP sighing at the other line.

"This is about Jihyo, isn't it?" he asked.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes, it is"

Another sigh.

"Fine"

'Yes!' Dahyun silently cheered.

"Only for today though" he added.

"Thank you PD-nim"

"It's nothing"

The call ended.

"Alright! Imma go and tell the others about this" she smiled.

But then she realized she hasn't changed or taken a bath yet ever since yesterday.

"Yeah, maybe I can do that later. I have to take a bath first" she mumbled to herself before going back to her shared room with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu to fetch her towel.

______________________________

After taking a bath, she changed into her chosen clothes for today's activities that she thought of while taking a bath earlier.

Dahyun wore a blue hoodie, underneath a white shirt, and blue sweatpants.

When she walked downstairs, her fellow members looked at her.

"Yow yow yow!" 

They smiled at her small antics.

"Alright! No one left yet right? Wow, rhyme, I know right?" all of them laughed except for Jihyo who was just smiling at her.

"No one, why?" Jeongyeon said.

"Good to know! You all better hurry and change into much more comfortable clothes, we're going on a vacation today to remove all your worries" she smiled.

"But how? We have work to do all day!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"I already got that covered" Dahyun smiled wider.

"Jinjja?!" Mina, not for the first time but still shocked, shouted out loud.

The latter nodded.

As soon as Dahyun nodded, all of them rushed back to their shared rooms to change into comfortable clothes.

Except for Jihyo.

"Thanks"

"For what?" Dahyun asked.

"For risking your career for me, it must've been hard asking PD-nim for a 1-day vacation"

"What? No, I didn't risk my career, and who said I did it for you? I did it for myself, duh" Dahyun playfully said.

"Yeah whatever"

After changing, all the members went back downstairs.

The others wore hoodies while Jihyo was still wearing what she wore a while ago. 

"Aren't you going to change unnie?" said Dahyun looking at Jihyo's clothes uncomfortably.

"Ah, Dahyun. Gods and Goddess don't change their clothes, unlike you ugly people who are always smelly" said Jihyo with a smirk on her face.

"What the- I DON'T SWEAT THAT MUCH!"

Dahyun looked at Jihyo angrily and like melted tofu.

Jihyo bursts into laughter.

"I was just kidding!" Jihyo said while she continued laughing.

Dahyun then gave Jihyo a fake laugh.

"Ha. ha. ha..." laughed Dahyun awkwardly.

"Very funny," she added.

Nayeon then interrupts them.

"What are you guys still doing? Come on, let's go!" She urged.

______________________________

They were divided into 3 vans with 3 members each inside.

The first van to leave was Sana's, Mina's, and Momo's, followed by Tzuyu's, Chaeyoung's, and Jeongyeon's, the last van to leave was Nayeon's, Jihyo's, and Dahyun's van.

Nayeon was sitting at the back since she thought that letting Jihyo sit next to Dahyun was the best option.

The trip to the said destination actually takes around 3-4 hours, without traffic.

The members didn't know where Dahyun would take them.

But they didn't mind it.

On the way, they decided to stop by a gasoline station.

Some decided to buy food, while others decided to go to the restroom.

Dahyun went inside the store to see half of the members formed in a line toward the cashier.

And just as she expected, the personnel behind the cashier didn't recognize them, which actually shocked her fellow members.

'We're miles away from Seoul, that's why she doesn't recognize us' Dahyun smiled.

It's been a while ever since people treated her like a normal person, not an idol.

She took a chocolate ice cream from the freezer and looked through the aisles to look for a mint candy.

When she saw what she was looking for, a frown replaced her smile.

'How am I supposed to reach that? It's too high up' she pouted.

She tip-toed and tried to reach the candy, but to no avail, she failed.

"Dang it" she mumbled under her breath.

Suddenly, a tall shadow covered her small figure.

She looked up to see a guy smiling sweetly.

"Do you need help?" he asked.

"U-uh, yeah" she shyly smiled.

He raised his hand to reach for the candy.

'Damn, he's so tall' Dahyun thought.

"Here," he handed Dahyun the candy.

"Thanks"

"It's nothing" he winked at her.

'What the heck'

She just smiled at him awkwardly before lining up behind Mina.

'That was weird' she chuckled.

After paying for everything that she bought, Dahyun went outside and ate the ice cream she bought.

A sigh escaped her lips knowing that after today, it will be like hell again.

But nah, she loves her job anyway so it doesn't matter.

She's been staring at the ground for a little too long that she didn't realize her ice cream was melting and that she was the only one everyone was waiting for.

"Dahyunnie" Sadness unnie called her.

"Ah! Ne unnie?" she asked breaking away from her thoughts.

"Are you okay? You seem weird today"

Dahyun looked at her weirdly.

"No, I'm not" she defended.

Sadness unnie pointed over to her melted ice cream.

"Eh? EH?!" she exclaimed.

She hurriedly walked to the trashcan to throw the wasted ice cream.

After washing her hands, she went back inside the van, only to be met by her unnie's weird stares.

"What?" she asked.

Nayeon and Jihyo shook their head and just continued minding their own business.

They were about to leave when suddenly, a guy ran up to their van.

Dahyun recognized his face and lowered down the window.

"Good thing you didn't leave yet. May I have your number? You know, to stain in touch" 

'We just met earlier though'

While Dahyun was contemplating her life decisions, Jihyo and Nayeon answered the question for her.

"No"

"No"

They both said.

The guy looked at Dahyun for confirmation and all the young idol could do was shake her head.

"Arasso, I understand" he smiled before taking a step away from the car.

"You shouldn't give away your number to someone you barely knew, what if he leaks your number?" Jihyo sternly asked after the van left the gas station.

"Mianhe" was all Dahyun could say.

Maybe it was because she didn't wanna mess with them.

For another 30 minutes, the ride was silent, like very very silent.

For Dahyun it felt as if 6 hours passed, not 30 minutes.

Dahyun's phone suddenly rang--completely breaking the silence.

It was Namjoo from Apink.

"Who is that?" asked Jihyo, who was trying to peek at Dahyun's phone.

"Namjoo sunbae" 

"Namjoo sunbae? From Apink? Do you have her number? How? When? Whose number do you also have on your phone?" Both of her unnies started bombarding her with questions.

"Shhh, I'm going to answer the call already" Dahyun shushed them.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Oh, Dahyunnie!"

Jihyo signaled her to put it on speaker so that all the 3 of them can hear.

At first, Dahyun hesitated, but she just decided to do it.

"Why did you call sunbae?" she asked.

"Sunbae? I told you to call me unnie, I'm just 3 years older than you anyway"

"A-ah! Paja! I forgot" Dahyun nervously laughed.

'I'll be a fried tofu after this' she thought while looking at her unnies, knowing that they're big fans of Apink.

"Anyway, I called to ask you where you are"

"I'm outside unnie, why?"

"Ahhh, is that so? I was planning to ask you to eat lunch since I found out today's your day off" Namjoo said.

"We can do that next time unnie, right now I'm with Jihyo unnie and Nayeon unnie. We're going somewhere with the other members" Dahyun reasoned.

"I'm sorry" she added.

"It's fine, say hi to Jihyo and Nayeon for me, alright? I'll go now. Byeeee" Namjoo ended the call.

"Hehe"

1 hour and a half passed, and now they arrived at their destination.

When they arrived, there weren't many people.

Most of the people they saw were foreigners.

Dahyun had her arms wide open.

"EVERYONE, WELCOME TO SEORAKSAN NATIONAL PARK"

Behind her was a tall mountain, a store where anyone can rent every single thing that has to do with hiking.

On the right, there were cable cars.

They were amazed by the view what more if they reached the top?

Since hiking usually takes up to 1.5 - 2.5 hours, Dahyun and her members just decided to ride the cable cars.

It saves a LOT of time.

From 1.5-2.5 hours to 5 minutes.

Good thing the line isn't that long.

When they arrived at the top, a lot of tourists were seen around.

Japanese, Filipinos, Americans, they're all around.

A smile made its way to each of their faces.

Dahyun was right, it is the right place to remove all worries.

The latter looked beside her to see their leader smiling from ear to ear.

"Good to see you smiling again" she nudged Jihyo.

Jihyo only chuckled.

"Who answered all the expenses? Going here's quite expensive. Talk about 3,500 won per head, and there's like 12 of us here"

"PD-nim did"

-Flashback-

"There goes my 42,000 won" Dahyun sighed.

"It's worth it anyway"

-Flashback End-

"Really? That's pretty unusual of him" Jihyo wondered what had gotten in her boss's head to answer all expenses.

"But oh well, I should thank him after" she shrugged her shoulders before walking around the place.

After a few minutes, a tourist approached Dahyun.

"Ummm, excuse me? Aren't you Kim Dahyun from Twice?" A girl asked in English.

'Oh no, someone noticed'

"Uhhh, yes" Dahyun shyly smiled.

The girl's eyes shone in excitement.

"Can I take a picture with you?" The girl asked.

But then Dahyun noticed something.

The girl also had an accent and looked Japanese.

"Sure, why not?"

"One, two, three, cheese!" The guy with the girl took a picture of them.

As soon as they finished, the latter hugged Dahyun tight.

And of course, Dahyun hugged her back.

"Thank you!"

"Nandemonai" Dahyun said in Japanese, meaning, "It's nothing" or "No problem".

The girl was quite shocked at how well Dahyun pronounced it.

She bowed and walked away happily.

Looks like those Japanese lessons MiSaMo's been giving her are going in handy.

Dahyun smiled widely.

"Ah paja, Jihyo unnie" she mumbled--finally remembering why they came here in the first place.

After looking around for a certain person, Dahyun finally found Jihyo.

"Unnie!" she shouted.

The leader turned around and quickly blushed when she saw that Dahyun's face was too close for her liking.

Dahyun took her by the hand and led her to the very top.

Even though the younger was already shaking at the sight, she didn't mind it.

"Unnie" she mumbled.

"Dahyun-ah, what are we doing here? You're scared of heights!" Jihyo was worried.

But Dahyun ignored her.

People were looking at them.

"Unnie, take this chance to voice out your feelings!" Dahyun shouted since the wind was hindering them from hearing each other clearly.

"What?!"

"Voice out your feelings! Express them by shouting! To break away from him!" Jihyo was confused.

Yes, she heard Dahyun.

It's just that she was hesitating to do what the younger was saying.

"I'll start first then" The younger took the courage and shouted.

"Shout out to my haters! If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have encouraged myself to do better!" She shouted, without knowing that the other members were laughing from below and are already taking pictures of her precious, exposed nostrils even though they couldn't hear a single thing she was saying.

Jihyo giggled at her.

"Your turn unnie" Said Dahyun.

"Arasso, but I won't do it if you're here"

"Why?" Dahyun pouted.

"Just go and leave, I'll follow you once I'm done releasing my worries" 

"Fine"

But before Dahyun went back she told Jihyo something that made the older's heart flutter.

"Unnie, no matter what happens, I hope you know that I'm always here for you. I'll support every single one of your decisions until the end, as long as I know that it doesn't affect or hurt you in any way. And just follow your heart"

"I know I know, off you go"

Dahyun sulked before going back to her members who are currently laughing at their phones.

"What's that?" she asked.

Meanwhile, when Jihyo made sure that Dahyun was already with the other members, she inhaled deeply before shouting.

"Shout out to my ex! For making me realize what my best friend truly means to me!" she shouted before stepping down the rocks and looking at Dahyun.

"Thank you Dahyun-ah" she mouthed when the younger turned her head towards her.

The young rapper just smiled softly before nodding her head.

Another day, another problem was solved.

____________________

A week passed, and Jihyo seemed to have slowly moved on from Daniel.

They're currently preparing for their comeback (Alcohol-Free).

Cameras here, cameras there, cameras everywhere.

They were surrounded by cameras.

And it sure was suffocating.

But they were used to it.

Jihyo finished first the photoshoot.

She sat down in the chair behind the photographers and looked at Dahyun who was currently having her own photoshoot. Jihyo decided to look at her phone, only to see a text from someone.

"Jihyo, let's talk, I regret letting you go. Meet me at the cafe we first met at 3:00 pm, if not, I understand"

It was Daniel.

"Unnie, no matter what happens, I hope you know that I'm always here for you. I'll support every single one of your decisions until the end, as long as I know that it doesn't affect or hurt you in any way. And just follow your heart." 

Dahyun's voice echoed through her head.

-Fast Forward-

"You came"

Daniel smiled and pulled the chair to help Jihyo sit down.

____________________

"Dahyunnie! Guys!" Jihyo shouted when she arrived at the dorm.

"Unnie, why? Is there any problem? Are you hurt?" Dahyun asked her.

"No, it's not that" 

"Then what is it? You just disturbed my cuddling session with my Dahyun" Nayeon asked irritatingly.

Jihyo couldn't explain it but she felt this unknown feeling inside of her when she heard what Nayeon said.

"Is that so? I'm sorry about that"

"Yeah yeah, just get to the point unnie, it's my turn to cuddle Dahyun unnie, I don't want to waste time" Chaeyoung pouted.

Jihyo inhaled and exhaled deeply before telling them her "Good news" which seemed more like bad news to them...especially Dahyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Daniel and I are dating again"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...