Episode 02

Secret Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blinding light of the sun finally awakens Minjeong’s peaceful sleep, who remembers that she was currently in Japan being filmed 24/7. She eyes the many cameras in the room, begrudgingly deciding to finally get up to keep up her good image. Karina wasn’t beside her, Minjeong doesn’t know why she’s slightly disappointed. 

 

Minjeong grabs an oversized black sweater that made its way to her mid-thighs. When she feels the breeze from the window and the warmth of the sun on her skin, she momentarily forgets all her worries. Content, Minjeong left the shared bedroom to look for her travel companion.

 

Not in the living room or kitchen, where could unnie be?

 

Her eyes landed on the balcony and there Karina was, swimming so early in the morning. But Winter couldn’t help but find the view mesmerizing, Karina swimming under the clear sky. The swimmer notices her presence.

 

“You finally woke up, sleepyhead. How was your sleep?” Jimin pulls herself up by the edge of the pool, grabbing her towel to dry off after.

 

“It was nice, it’s been a while since I’ve slept that well” Usually whenever Minjeong slept, it was only for a couple of hours, normally interrupted by a slight noise (she was a light sleeper), stress, or nightmares. 

 

“Yeah, it seemed like you were sleeping well” Jimin pauses, debating if she should bring it up “You’re very clingy in bed huh?” Minjeong freezes, horrified by what she might have done unconsciously last night.

 

“I-I’m sorry, did I-”

 

Karina’s airy laugh cuts off her blabbering “Don’t worry, it’s nothing I can’t handle” she wraps herself in the towel, walking closer to the other girl. “Hm, you’re really touchy though, do you remember where you touched me? Was your dream that good?” she whispers out of earshot from the camera mics.

 

Minjeong turns away to hide her blushing face “I’ll cook breakfast, go freshen up” she coldly says to Karina in order to convince her that she was not wavering or being affected by her what so ever . 

 

After she hears the door of the bathroom click, Minjeong starts preparing their french toast and sausages. Her mind though was somewhere else while she was on autopilot. 

 

Was Karina just kidding?

 

Did she really touch her inappropriately? 

 

No way the camera got that right? They turn that off the moment we get in bed.. Right?

 

What was last night’s dream anyways?

 

“Stupid! The coffee!” Minjeong hears Karina yell at her when she enters the kitchen. She looks down to see her overflowing coffee mug. “You klutz, get a grip of yourself”

 

“Oh, ” She grabs a handful of napkins to wipe off her mess. “Anyways you can take a seat, breakfast is ready” Minjeong grabs their plates and sits by the table along with Karina. They engaged in a light chatter about what they wanted to do today when one of the producers that entered their hotel gave them envelopes.

 

“Today, you two will be going to Disneyland” Karina perks up at the mention of Disney.

 

“Then what’s this envelope  for?”

 

“It’s your mission. Both will have different missions you have to complete today, they’re really simple don’t worry. We’ll wait for you downstairs, so why don’t you see what your missions are but make sure not to show each other so you can guess by the end of the day”

 

The two confirmed that they understood everything and got ready for the day. Jimin was exceptionally excited because she loves Disney with a passion. Others may say that it doesn’t fit her vibe, but she adores it very much. She exits the suite and waits for Minjeong in the halls.

 

Her outfit of the day was plain grey sweatpants, sneakers, a crop top, with an ed white dress shirt on top. When Minjeong finally came out, Jimin took in account that their outfit was very similar.

 

“Ugh, I should’ve known you would wear something similar. Now people would think we did this on purpose, like a couple outfit” Winter whines, putting on her mask.

 

“Just deal with it, the crew is waiting for us, we don’t want to hold them any longer.” With that said, they arrived at the company car safely and took the moment to catch their breaths from all the paparazzi and flashing lights outside of the hotel who somehow knew where thet were staying. 

 

The sound of camera shutters and flashes never failed to make Jimin shake. Even after years of being in the industry, it was still one of the things she would never get used to. Before stardom, Karina was a shy kid, yes she had attention from being an internet ulzzang, but thirst comments and students visiting her classroom to admire her was the most she has gotten. 

Being a celebrity really did terrify Karina, sooner or later she would have a horror saesang encounter, she's honestly bracing for it.


 

Winter’s shriek bounces off the car walls.

 

“Hey, quiet down will you?” Winter mutters apologies to the annoyed Jimin right beside her.

 

“Sorry, I just opened the envelope”

 

“Oh, I should open mine too” when Jimin opens hers, she couldn’t contain her own shriek from leaving .

 

“So I’m guessing you’re not very on board with yours either?”

 

“No ” Karina scoffs.

 

“Language, we’re constantly being recorded. Anyways wake me up when we’re there” Winter shifts to a more comfortable position and lets the drowsiness consume her, unaware of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter