Episode 05

Secret Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rushing down through the hotel lobby, then through the front door, Winter enters the company van with Karina already waiting inside on her usual seat. They barely exchanged words in the morning due to the hectic fast-paced behavior of their managers, but also the events from the night before.

 

“Say goodbye to the hotel you two” Yeri says, but when she hears nothing from the seats behind her, she could tell something was up. Winter calls her nosy but she’s simply just curious, so she sends a text to her Winter.

 

YR

Whats this tension going on..? 

 

MJ

Its nothing

 

YR

A lovers quarrel???!!!!! ???????

 

MJ 

NOTHING. I said nothing. Just a small fight, its fine

 

YR

Have you apologized? I dont know whos in the fault but… she was pissed this morning




 

The blonde stares at her screen, deep in thought. 

 

I haven’t even apologized yet ugh Minjeong, you




 

MJ

Um no




 

From the front seat, Yeri sharply turns her head towards Minjeong, and she couldn’t help but squirm under her glare. Minjeong makes sure to mouth a ‘I will… later’. Her manager just rolls her eyes.



 

MJ

But yeri, could you turn up the car stereo I don’t want you guys to hear our conversation.

 

Like the good manager and friend she is, Yeri turns up the radio enough for her to not hear light chatters. So Minjeong’s plan to apologize to Jimin in the car commences. She nudges Jimin with her elbow, getting her attention but is met with an expressionless look. 

 

“About last night… I’m sorry. I-” Minjeong takes a while to find the words to say, she tries to search for something on Jimin’s face “I got carried away. I was supposed to say before you cut me off, that you probably changed because seeing you now, after your debut, people improve… look you’re right I had no right to call anyone talentless, it’s not my place-” Minjeong’s rambling was cut off by a sigh from Jimin.

 

“It’s fine, I don’t care. You were drunk” Winter didn’t believe her, but she let go of it defeating. How was she supposed to apologize to someone who didn’t care? 

 

It’s not fine, I do care, Jimin thinks to herself whilst looking out of the window. She cared so much that she didn't get proper sleep last night, not like she usually does, but last night was exceptionally worst. 

 

“I was wrong, I didn’t mean it, any of it. I want you to know that, and also that you- ugh I-” Karina turns her head to face Minjeong, for her to continue what she was going to say, but she doesn’t. In fact, that was the last thing they said to each other before separating away to sit with their respective managers on the plane. 






 

Her hectic week finally came to an end, Karina just finished the preparations and filming for her music video. She lets the cushion of the couch she was sitting on in the dressing room hug her, as Jimin remembers what Yeri told her at the airport when they boarded to go back to Korea.

 

“I’m not sure what exactly happened to the two of you, all I know is that it’s probably Minjeong’s fault but I just wanted to let you know that whatever hurtful words she said, I know she didn’t mean it. She looks at you differently, and whenever she experiences something new or is vulnerable, she has this sort of defense mechanism to push people away. I really want you two to remain friends, I don’t know, it just feels different” then Yeri follows Winter to their seat.

 

She looks at you differently.

 

Yeri’s words were on her head constantly 24/7, during meetings, dance practice, vocal lessons, and now, here in the dressing room. Minjeong occupied her mind, but was Karina on hers? Was Kyoto true, was it special to her? Was Tokyo special?

 

Was Jimin special to her?

 

Frustrated, Karina gets up from the seat to find a distraction. Her target of the day, her manager, Sooyoung. She creeps behind her.

 

“Boo” Sooyoung doesn’t flinch though, only earning an airy laugh instead of the horrified expression Karina was waiting for.

 

“I saw your reflection through the mirror stupid” Karina pouts “Don’t do that you’re not cute”

 

“Whatever, I’m just bored, entertain me. What’s new, give me the daily news”

 

“Jimin, do I look like Soompi, Allkpop, or Koreaboo to you?” This gets a snort from Karina. Her manager was honestly the only thing pushing her through the number of shoots that week.

 

“Just tell me something interesting going on”

 

“Hmm” Her manager takes a moment to think until her face brightens up “I heard from a little birdie that Winter finished filming her music video pretty recently” The smile on Karina’s face drops, she was just starting to distract herself from Winter but it was following her everywhere. 

 

Their show was to air after their comebacks, which are also scheduled at the same time in 3 weeks' time, so really Jimin had no escape from the blonde girl. In fact, just last week, they ran into each other in the elevator of their condo. It felt like their first meeting all over again, it was driving Jimin absolutely insane.




 

“Uh hi” the elevator felt cramped, but it was a high end condo in the middle of Seoul with currently only 2 people inside, and Minjeong just happened to choose to acknowledge the other girl inside with her through her greeting.

 

Visibly flinching, Jimin forces a smile on her face (even though she really could’ve shown her real one because yes, she was happy Minjeong didn’t choose to ignore her, but she remembers she was still mad at her), and says her own awkward greeting back. 

 

The elevator dings open, revealing more residents going up, but in the whim of the moment, Minjeong decides that it was her temporary escape.

 

“Well, um bye uh- Jimin,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter