Episode 06

Secret Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chanting and screams from the audience were muffled by Karina's in-ears. She knows those yellings were for her despite being backstage and getting ready to be up next to perform on the music show because Sooyoung reassured her it was her fans. 

 

“You’ll do great Jimin” her manager hands her a water bottle to wash away the anxiety building up in the pit of her stomach. It always went like this, Karina always felt underprepared and stressed before walking onto the stage. 

 

During trainee days she would sometimes have breakdowns in the vocal practice rooms due to the constant thoughts swirling in her head before monthly evaluations. Jimin wasn’t sure why she made such a big deal out of those because that was nothing compared to when she would face the fans, she didn’t want to disappoint the only people who were willing to love her.

 

“Thanks, Sooyoung unnie” the next moments felt like a blur, she was ushered to the stage, under multiple camera lenses and the scorching stage lights. Korean idols had one shot to make the most out of a 3-minute performance, no retakes, it was live and not pre-recorded.

 

Karina takes a moment to breathe before the backtrack was played, making sure to flash a charming smile every now and then.







 

Back at the company’s dance practice rooms, Minjeong was carefully watching her phone screen, analyzing every move Karina made on her comeback stage. She surprisingly really liked her title track, Eclipse, it fit Karina a lot. She stops replaying the stage, starting to get dizzy from the cameraman’s baffling camera work.

 

“And she did it again” Minjeong mumbles as she gets back to the live music show to only announce that Karina won 1rst place. Laying her back against the floor, Minjeong stares at the ceiling, just an empty mind, no thoughts.

 

Karina Yu only seemed to get more and more fans after each comeback, at this rate, all of Korea might have been in love with her by now. 

 

“Winter, up, let’s practice one more time before we wrap up,” the choreographer of her latest title track, Seulgi, says. Winter props herself up on her elbow to a position where she can see Seulgi.

 

“Aw come on, I’ve practically perfected it!”

 

“Your comeback is next week, we can’t slack off now” Seulgi practically drags Winter to the center of the practice room before blasting her soon-to-be-released song on.

 

“Fine, but you’re treating me after practice”







 

It was the last free day before the storm coming from the promotions of Winter’s next album, the delay only made the public anticipate more. And, tonight happens to be the night Secret Tape would premier, so here she was, Winter Kim, sitting on her couch eating gau bao rou in front of her flat screen tv. 

 

Seeing Jimin again was weird, even though it wasn’t in person face to face, her heart was beating fast like the first time she properly met her in that very airport that was being shown on screen. 

 

She tears her eyes from the screen cursing how happy they seemed, so she focused on her dinner, letting their voices drown in the background.

 


 

Just the floor under Minjeong, the scene was similar. After a day of music show promotions, Jimin was sitting comfortably in her living room with a blanket draped over her. She smacks her lips as she nervously watches the first episode.

 

Filming Secret Tape may have been one of the happiest moments in Karina’s career, this aftermath of the show was eating her up though, but she doesn’t regret not denying to be a part of the show. 

 

“So Jimin, are you down to be in this show with Winter Kim?” Sooyoung asked her days before their first meeting for the series.

 

“Of course unnie, you know how much I like Winter’s music, so I’d love to meet her in person” was her answer.

 

When she first talked to Winter in the airport though, she felt unexpectedly shy, and would just zone off around her, which was probably why Minjeong felt the need to confront her on day 1.

 

Scrolling through her phone’s gallery, Jimin unknowingly smiles at the photos of Minjeong and herself. Just then, a Vlive notification pops up on her screen, clicking it without thinking, she realizes that Minjeong was in her condo upstairs. 

 

Winter seemed to have been using the app a lot more often, which according to her own fans was bizarre, but they weren’t complaining. The girl would rarely open Bubble either, they suspected she started using them a lot more because of her upcoming promotions.

 

The live just started and Winter hasn’t even opened yet, but there were already malicious comments being left, Karina watches the girl be oblivious to her chat (or she was painfully good at acting like she doesn't see them) and it worries her slightly. 

 

“I just finished watching the first episode of Secret Tape, have you already watched it?”

 

“Hahaha, yeah I called Jimin unnie baby, I was surprised she was okay with it!”

 

There were many comments asking Winter if she still keeps in touch with Jimin, but she ignores them, not sure if she should be honest.

 

“Tomorrow, my music video drops, stay excited because it’s a concept I really enjoyed filming. You saw my new hair last vlive too” Feeling a little bold, Jimin leaves a comment asking what Winter thought of her new song.

 

“What do I think of Karina’s new song?” Jimin holds her breath as she waits for the answer. “I really love it, it fits… unnie’s vibe a lot, she did great” Despite being alone in her condo, watching Minjeong’s live, Jimin covers the blush creeping onto her face.

 

“Let’s play it alright?”

 

Shy Jimin covers her eyes, peeking through the gaps of her fingers watching Minjeong reach for her phone to play Eclipse.


 

This is our fantasy, come to me, follow me

Something is shaking in my heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter