Episode 03

Secret Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their week flies by fairly fast, crossing the fine line of vacation and work at the same time, but Winter and Karina find themselves enjoying it nevertheless. Each day was truly different and they had to give Mnet some credit for that.



 

Day 3

Shinjuku National Garden. 

 

A popular tourist attraction in the Shinjuku and Shibuya district known to be in many shows, movies, and animations such as The Garden of Words, a movie Jimin stumbled onto one day while surfing Netflix and ending up bawling her eyes out. 

 

Like in the movie, the park was gorgeous, b with lush greenery and the smell of nature circulating one’s entirety. 

 

The cameras followed them around as they chit-chatted and had picnics while also competitively playing games that the staff prepared for them. It was a peaceful day, a nice fresh air after their chaotic day from the one prior. 

 

Moments, where they could take life slowly, was rare, most of the time it was after promotions when companies would throw them back in the basement, practically jobless for a while but the constant anxiety of the celebrity life would never really let them enjoy their breaks. Sure, maybe a walk around Han River at midnight, but that was a short-lived breath of fresh air.

 

They learn to appreciate the small moments like these.


 

Winter learns that Karina is scared of birds, especially pigeons.



 

Day 4

Tokyo Tower and the Tokyo Sky Tree.

 

While the tower and sky tree were nowhere near each other, the girls vlogged this day themselves. It was an eventful summer day as they took numerous photos with their phones and disposable cameras. 

 

They had access to the view on the Sky Tree and Winter decided it was best to live in the moment just for a second, taking in the view of the city. She was glad that Yeri decided to agree to her being a part of this show because she wouldn’t have it any other way. 

 

The Tokyo tower reminded Karina a lot of the Eiffel tower in Paris, due to its similar structure. She remembers her Paris trip and suddenly misses those memories, but this Japan trip felt different from most of her vacations, even though they were both job-related trips. Jimin has an idea as to why.

 

Cafes after cafes, Jimin couldn’t help but laugh at the amount of paper bags they were holding from Minjeong’s mission to taste every piece of bun that caught her eyes while roaming the city’s every nook and cranny. And once again, Jimin was pulled into another cute store the girl found.

 

Karina learns that Winter prefers snacks over actual meals, slightly concerning but cute.


 

Day 5

Harajuku, Tokyo.

A Japan trip without going to the neighborhood is not a proper trip, iconic for its quirky and trendy shops as well as its bright streets filled with people of all sorts, cosplayers, business personals with suits and ties, tourists, you name it. The fashion of its day-to-day passbyers definitely caught the celebrity’s attention, because while both of them have done fresh light-hearted concepts, their costumes were never this colourful.

 

They just got out of the van and marveled at the bustling street. Both Winter and Karina garnered the attention as they weren’t wearing their masks and even had taken a few photos with fans, luckily no one really crowded them because of how fast life was in the neighborhood. 

 

“Karina, Karina!” Winter excitingly tugs onto the sleeve of Karina’s polo in an attempt to get her attention while walking the streets “Look! Let’s go into that Sanrio store”

 

While the producers of the show try to clear out the store as much as they can for the stars, Winter and Karina walk around the store, putting on cute hats and being in awe at how adorable everything in the store was. 

 

“Here, I’ll buy this for us, cute right?” Winter shows her companion the Melody and Kuromi couple key chain she found.

 

“Who’s Melody and who’s Kuromi?” Karina questions. 

 

“I’m obviously Melody”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Everyone would agree, you match Kuromi’s vibe more. See you even have dark hair, plus you’re intimidating!” Minjeong animatedly explains, amusing Jimin since it was just a trivial discourse. “Here let me put a poll on Instagram, pose”

 

Minjeong pulls out her phone to take a selfie with Karina, who puts her arms around the girl to back hug her. The two smiled for the photo and then pulled away from each other, Jimin was unsure why she initiated a hug, but convinced herself that it was for fan service. It would surely make her fans happy. 

 

“Annnnd, done. Now we’ll see after we look around more who our fans think fits us best” Winter grins, and Karina just had to look away because if she looked too long then maybe she would do something stupid. 


 

Apart from the two keychains, they also d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter