Episode 01

Secret Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An introvert is something Minjeong would not identify herself as, she’s an extrovert, getting off of the attention and finding it easy to connect with those around her. This didn’t stop her from being nervous to actually meet Jimin at the airport. It didn’t help that they were literally going to live together for one week, living together with a girl that embodied the word intimidating.

 

Winter spots the girl in question sitting a little far from her manager and the few cameramen, who seem to already be recording. 

 

“Kim Minjeong, get it together” she says to herself, putting on the friendliest smile she could muster and hopes that she doesn’t get caught panicking, for more reasons than one, in 4k. Once she was close enough to Karina, she waves frantically in the air, smirking when she sees she’s got the camera on her already.

 

“Oh it seems like Winter has arrived” Karina informs before fully turning her attention to the blonde girl “Hello Winter!” 

 

An awkward hug was shared between them, and Winter inhales the intoxicating smell of Karina’s perfume “Hey Karina… unnie? I can call you that right?”

 

“Of course, you can call me anything you want” Jimin answers, infact she wouldn’t mind for the honorifics to be dropped either.

 

One thing Minjeong learned from her company and many online fans, is that everyone loves fanservice, and she thought this was the perfect opportunity to pull a little stunt. “Hmm, even baby or babe?” 

 

Jimin recognized the flirtatious tone Winter used, and even though she knew it was all for the camera, she couldn’t help the warmth rising to her cheeks “W-why not?” Jimin removes her hands from Winter’s waist, giving them space.

 

“I’m just messing with you unnie” Winter laughs, she found the older girl cute when she gets flustered “This is actually our first proper meeting right? I’m sure the fans are surprised” 

 

“Right, this is the first time we really talked to each other. I’m glad they put me on a show with you” it wasn’t a complete lie, Jimin was aware the girl lived a floor above she did, and she would always hear Winter’s singing whenever she lounged on her balcony “I hope I get closer with this little cutie”

 

Winter playfully rolls her eyes, scoffing at Karina who was trying to pinch her cheeks. Maybe she was nervous for nothing.

 

“Okay you two, they said that we should board the plane alright. We will give you two handheld video cameras to vlog yourself” the producer announces whilst the camera is still rolling. After that they were told that the recording stopped and it was their responsibility to vlog the rest of their trip, the cameramen only appearing when they had a location to visit. 

 

The crew plus the two artists were walking through the halls that led to the plane, everyone was chatting except for the two people who were supposed to get to know one another. Winter may have spoken too soon because things were not going smoothly in her book, the stoic idol beside her wasn’t muttering a single word. In moments like this, Winter had to make the first move. 

 

“Are you excited?” Karina turns her head towards the smaller girl, taking a moment to process that it was her that Winter was talking to.

 

“Yeah, sure I guess?” she answers boredly, seemingly reoccupied thinking. 

 

Can’t she at least act a little bit interested? Winter frowns, disappointed with her lack of enthusiasm. 

 

“What the hell is your problem?” Minjeong was getting frustrated with Karina’s attitude, so she couldn’t help the bluntness in her question. The offense was clearly taken on Karina’s end, as she raised her eyebrows.

 

To Winter it was obvious that the close, sweet, and giddy relationship they had earlier on camera was just an act like it didn’t progress their possible friendship, they were simply just strangers. 

 

“And what is that supposed to mean Winter Kim?” 

 

“You can call me Minjeong, unnie” Minjeong informs “You’re so uptight, you don’t even actually try to get to know me behind the cameras, this is important for our chemistry and dynamic. We can’t just fake it” 

 

Jimin starts to feel defensive due to the confrontation, it’s barely been a couple hours since she’s personally talked to Minjeong and she was already being psychoanalyzed “Is it really necessary? You’re just as popular as I am, we’re all the same. After this unnecessary show, we won’t ever talk to each other again, that’s how it always goes. We're just doing this for our career's sake” 

 

Speeding her pace, Minjeong was left behind to catch up with everyone else, dumbfounded at Karina’s logic.

Is that what she thinks of all of this?

But maybe Winter liked the challenge, trying to crack Karina open, in order to hold on to the possibility that what they displayed on screen wouldn’t all just be a facade for work. A hope that the time they would spend together wouldn’t only be special to her, but to the taller girl as well.




 

Even if they had a small argument earlier, Karina and Winter managed to hold on, smiling prettily at the camera and each other as they announced to their fans that they were going to fly off to Japan soon.

 

“Hey, we're on the plane to Japan now. We’re just waiting for take-off” Winter pans the camera to the opened window. “I wanted to learn to fly a plane when I was younger, oh Karina how about you? Do you like plane rides?” 

 

“I-uh yeah, plane rides are nice” Minjeong holds back a laugh since it was so obvious Karina was lying between her teeth. 

 

She turns the camera back to face them. “You sound unsure unnie” Jimin shoots the teasing girl a glare, then flinches when the static noise of the pilot’s voice blares through the speaker.

 

“Please stay in your seat unless needed since we are taking off now” The click of the speaker was heard, and the plane began moving. 

 

“If you all heard that, the plane is moving now, maybe Karina will want me to hold her hands during the flight” Winter says playfully, earning an eye roll from her seatmate.

 

“That won’t be needed, I don’t have a fear of heights or airplane rides. We’ll see you in Japan soon!” 




 

This was one of Jimin’s many concerns regarding this show. Obviously, she lied earlier to the camera, when she said she was fine with flights, because she felt herself sweating, her breath laboring, and her hands clenching tightly on the armrest she hogged. 

 

Minjeong notices her weird behavior ever since she the camera, and she concluded that Jimin, the ever so scary Jimin, was scared. Minjeong didn’t know the girl’s boundaries on personal space behind the cameras, there were no fans to satisfy, but she felt the need to comfort the girl even with her hostile attitude. 

 

Let’s hope she’s comfortable with hand-holding.

 

Jimin lands her eyes on the hands on her clenched own, then levels her gaze to the concerned Minjeong. 

 

“Babe?” Jimin’s heart warms slightly when she hears Minjeong calling her that even without being recorded “I knew you were lying, breath in and let it out alright?” Jimin lets her guide her through her breathing, in hopes to calm herself down. And like a miracle, it works, she feels slightly relaxed now, her hands unclenched and entangled with the blonde’s.

“That was… helpful” Karina clears “Thanks” She nearly needed to shield her eyes when Minjeong beams. 

 

“You can sleep, even leaning on my shoulder. I don’t mind” Jimin couldn’t decline her offer, since she knows how persistent the girl was, so she makes herself comfortable against the seat. She’ll finally get her much-needed sleep.

 

Winter takes out the camera, smiling when she feels Karina's weight leaning on her shoulder. She films her senior, wishing that the editor wouldn’t cut this out in the final cut.

 

“Doesn’t Karina look so peaceful?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter