internet - hyejoo / mongmin

aurora borealis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the internet is down which means minju couldn't watch her favorite k-drama which means she'll have to leech off of hyewon which means she'll get denied access once again.

-

parade - younha

-

"yeobo, I'm home!" minju calls out to the entire unit after she's done taking the shoes to its respective place and hangs the coat on the clothes rack by the door.

the first thing she notices inside the place is that it's deathly quiet and minju is sure as hell it's barely six in the evening; for all the years she's known the older girl, it's that she sleeps in the morning and she doesn't like going out, at least without minju herself. so to have the apartment be peaceful is an odd occurrence to her.

still, minju manages to drag herself to her own room, barely managing to plop on the bed and not the floor.  it's only after a few minutes of silence that something registers onto minju's mind.

'I haven't checked my phone.'

hurrily taking her smartphone out of the pockets of her jeans, minju's blood went ice cold when she realizes there's no internet in her unit; the girl checks to see whether it just isn't connected but to her dismay, the internet is indeed cut off. she hops on to her feet and sees the router turned off, further signalling that there was no connection.

minju decides to barge over to hyewon's room to pester the girl but it was locked, and it normally wasn't - which led to several instances of the younger girl just making herself feel at home at the older's room; minju brings up her hand to knock on the door three times and waits for hyewon to open the room.

"what?" hyewon looks through her half-opened eyelids, confirming minju's hunch that she was asleep.

the younger girl doesn't let her older friend's condition to deter her from tackling her to the bed, earning a groan from the obviously tired girl; minju uses the position to let her weight be cushioned by hyewon's body while hugging her and pinching her cheeks.

"what do you want you frog?" hyewon's words have no real bite with them.

minju continues playing with the older's cheeks while indulging herself on top of hyewon's body, it always was a better bed than what she has in her room currently.

"the internet, did we miss the due date?" she hums absentmindedly.

"why don't you ask yourself that question?" hyewon grunts and tries to push minju off but her weight proved to be too much for her to handle.

minju looks up hyewon with a pout who's also looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"to be fair kwangbae, I was in the middle of a k-drama-marathon the time you asked me so that's technically your fault because you know I love k-dramas more than anything." minju mockingly tells her that while making silly faces.

"your loss though, you can't watch k-dramas now there's no internet." hyewon deadpans.

"which is why I'm here, can I use your hotspot yeobo?" minju asks of her in a sweet voice and tries peppering her with kisses, almost causing hyewon to grimace in the process.

"you know I love you and you're the prettiest woman in the world but that's honestly disgusting." hyewon shivers.

"so can I connect to your wifi now?" minju deliberately chooses to ignore the fact that she got turned down and roasted at the worst possible scenario.

"nope!" hyewon pushes minju off of her and leaves the girl for the kitchen.

on the other hand, minju mutters profanities under her breath even if the girl is by the kitchen, she wouldn't want to hurt her chances of getting internet and being able to watch series once again; she lets her back fall to the mattress while sighing to herself.

an idea occurs to her mind as her eyes linger at the ceiling above her, she locks the door in a flash and spots hyewon's phone by her nightstand. minju opens to its lockscreen which didn't prove to be a hindrance to her since she knows the passcode by heart already.

0811

up until now, minju doesn't know what eight and eleven means to the older girl, not that hyewon actually explained it to her; she is secretive just like that in minju's eyes. shaking herself from her thoughts, minju successfully unlocks it and goes to the hotspot settings and turns it on then turns on the mobile data. 

it's not until she opens her own phone and tries browsing her web browser that realization dawns upon her, hyewon didn't have any mobile data; minju frustratingly pulls her hair to relieve her stress but then came another brilliant idea, she knows that the older has a pocket wifi somewhere so she starts her search by the nightstand then to her drawers then to the cabinets, to her unluckiness, it wasn't in any of the places she rummaged. 

"y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter