auld lang syne - 2won / basil and panini

aurora borealis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

something shifts between kim chaewon's and kang hyewon's relationship, kwon eunbi observes like a responsible, older friend she is; she thinks it's a little ridiculous.

-

blueming - iu

-

eunbi parts the curtains from each other and enters the ramen stand that she visits sometimes with her friends, namely hyewon and chaewon; pulling a stool and sitting in front of the wooden counter, eunbi notices another presence in the area, she tilts her head in time to see hyewon happily clapping and putting aside her... fourth? bowl of ramen, ordering for more.

"good morning to you, hyewon-ah." she greets.

"good morning eunbi-unnie, didn't expect to see you here." hyewon replies before turning to the man infront of her, ordering more bowls.

out of the corner of her eye, eunbi notices a person entering the stand, to her surprise, it's none other than chaewon who's currently looking like a pissed off fairy for reasons unknown; she sees chaewon raise her hand and eunbi just shakes her head when she hears a loud whack followed by hyewon's audible groan.

"what the hell was that for, chaewonie?!?" hyewon nurses the spot that chaewon hit while shooting her a glare.

chaewon just sighs tiredly and sits beside the older girl who pays her an accusating look, afraid to get hit again should the younger girl deem it so.

"I thought I told you to stop eating ramen?" chaewon asks.

slurping her noodles with delight, eunbi sees hyewon nodding her head as her face looks like she's in heaven; chaewon on the other hand, clicks her tongue in disapproval before ordering her own ramen, eunbi raises her eyebrows at that.

"oh? I thought you don't like ramen, chaewon?" the oldest asks while she too savors her bowl.

chaewon turns to look at her and says, "oh, hi there eunbi-unnie, didn't notice you when I walked in." 

"hello to you too chaewon, so what's the deal with you ordering your ramen?" 

"hyewonie just likes it too much, I just eat sometimes because she invites me." chaewon idly stirs her soup.

"that's not the reason why you always go eat ramen with me." the older girl pokes her head out of the ramen bowl that she was slurping for a moment.

chaewon once again rolls her eyes in fake annoyance as she smiles at the girl beside her.

"oh please do tell hyewonie, why do I always go at this ramen stand with you?" chaewon says in an affectionate voice, catching eunbi's surprise.

I wonder when did chaewon start calling hyewon in that manner?

"it's because you love me right? or..." hyewon raises a finger but then slowly hides it as awkwardness settled in.

eunbi expects the youngest to just whack her unnie just like she's done so many times in the past; it's just their normal dynamics, hyewon pestering chaewon and the latter retaliating in a violent (playful?) manner. for the second time this morning, eunbi's caught off guard when chaewon just laughs slightly at hyewon's statement; she was half expecting the young girl to just slap the back of the older's forehead like she did earlier because chaewon isn't chaewon if she doesn't hit hyewon - in this case, chaewon isn't really acting chaewon-like.

instead of doing the aforemention things, chaewon just tilts her head and shoots hyewon a sincere smile, eyes crinkling along the way - eunbi has to double take whether or not that she was dreaming, since when did chaewon stop whacking the back of hyewon's head?

"go eat your ramen, hyewonie." she orders to which the older happily obliges, "but please, lessen your servings huh?" 

hyewon just shoots her a grin and a thumbs up before continuing her massacre of the ramen bowl served right in front of her. eunbi on the other hand, watches their exchange in mild amusement as she too slowly eats her bowl of ramen.

to say that it's not a weird day is an understatement.

-

eunbi slumps against the old tree in her backyard as exhaustion overwhelmed her senses, they were currently being worked off by the oldest (hyewon and chaewon that is) as they do their weekly routine workout; out of the corner of eunbi's eyes, hyewon plops by the side pool but not before taking off her shirt, leaving her in a bare sports bra and cyclings.

now eunbi is a normal young adult that has fully functioning eyes and she would be lying to herself if she said she didn't appreciate the sight of hyewon's bare body; her eyes linger on hyewon's cuts and muscles, her stomach that was tight with a six-pack. but eunbi hears a tapping and she turns her eyes on another girl who's glaring down at her, chaewon.

"your eyes unnie," chaewon threatens lowly, "if you still treasure them, I suggest you stop doing that." 

the oldest raises her arms weakly in surrender, this is the first time that the girl's threatened her so deliberately and from her visions of chaewon pummeling hyewon whenever she does a stupid thing, eunbi wouldn't want to be the receiving end of chaewon's wrath.

all settled, chaewon tiredly pulls herself and secures a place on top of hyewon who's looking like half-awake and half-asleep; her hands instinctly carresses hyewon's cheeks while the older's own massages the younger's crown.

"what did eunbi-unnie do?" she drawls lazily.

"bad thing." chaewon replies

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter