exasperation - hyekura / mongsak

aurora borealis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tired of seeing a certain visual make a fool out of herself in hopes of making another see truth, iz*one and the rest of the members finally takes matters into their own hands; or wherein miyawaki sakura is at rock bottom and is already beyond exasperated after making very obvious fliratious advances to kang hyewon - but her friends are there to back her up.

heart attack - chuu (LOONA)

chaeyeon noticed it first, when they were first practicing Sequence. they were on the middle of their second run for the whole routine at the time when she saw hyewon performing like she's not herself. she messes up the timings, gets lost in her designated area, forgets when's her time in the center, just messy overall.

now the main dancer knows that although the visual is not the best in dancing, hyewon is unusually skilled in being able to keep up with the more talented ones in her group. it's unlike the visual to act like she's just started dancing yesterday.

"guys, take a break first." chaeyeon abruptly announces, cutting the music off.

the girls scatter around the room, getting their short rest before the dancer works them hard again. chaeyeon on the other hand, walks over to their leader, eunbi to discuss what she observed with hyewon.

"unnie, have you noticed hyewonie acting strange?" the dancer whispers to her leader, careful not to let the visual hear their conversation.

the oldest girl in the group hums in though before shaking her head, 

"well, isn't hyewon in general, strange?" eunbi asks.

"no, not that. I mean that she's... well, she's distracted- at least for me," chaeyeon explains, "she's dancing like she's got so many things going through her head."

eunbi hums in contemplation, she turns her gaze on hyewon who's currently being used as a chair by sakura. the older girl was seating on hyewon's lap as she bickers playfully with yuri who's on the right side of hyewon, occasionally whining to the younger girl to get her to join them in their fake argument. the latter however, is like a log given how straight her back was and only looking at yuri, never sparing a glance at the girl seating on her lap.

"I think I might have an idea..." a knowing smile forms on eunbi's face.

-

annyeongz (yujin and wonyoung, yes.) realizes it one night after dinner when the assigned person to do the dreaded washing of dishes were hyewon and yena but  after surprisingly losing to yena on a game of mario kart, sakura is the one forced to do the job with hyewon. 

yujin was about to take her daily glass of good night milk and she makes her way in front of the fridge to get the said liquid when she looks curiously at the two people washing the dishes. she was about to grab her container when she stops in her place after hearing the two conversing.

"... I've been playing with yena ranked games, that girl is really hard to play with sometimes!" hyewon exclaims with a laugh.

"ehh? why are you playing with her and not me?!" sakura gasps dramatically. 

yujin sees hyewon scratch her head after rinsing the dishes with running water. she swears that girl is resembling a robot right now, she's not sure why though.

"...well, you're not in your room when I tried finding you and yena's been pestering me for a week already so..." the korean trails off, dropping her voice to a mere whisper.

sakura raises her eyebrows at that and pouts at the younger girl, "why do you only play with yena-chan and not me kang-chan?" she asks, still in that pouting way.

"don't you like me kang-chan?" the japanese shakes her frantically by the shoulders. 

the girl observing them from the fridge and meets wonyoung's eyes from the couch. they share a nod of realization when they see hyewon sprinting towards the bathroom while mumbling some profanities under her breath. 

"wow, amazing. kwangbae-unnie never loses composure like that." wonyoung says in disbelief and yujin couldn't agree more.

"is kang-chan blushing? what for?" sakura asks them, to which they just ignore.

yujin's milk may have been forgotten inside the fridge, but the scarlet face of their commonly stoic groupmate is not.

-

hitomi and nako were minding their own business as the resident drama queen yuri is currently teaching her acting skills to her hardworking student, miyawaki sakura 

her loyal sidekick kang-chan is doing again yet another one of yuri's never ending impromptu role playing and skits; this time, the scene sees hyewon and sakura as a duo onstage with the visual playing the guitar while the japanese is the singer, using the television remote as a makeshift microphone.

"seriously, how do they even come up with things like this?" nako complains while looking at the two who is currently engaged into acting. 

hitomi just shrugs at that then turns back to the movies she's currently watching. 

nako sees them being cringey in their acting but laughs nonetheless, it was always fun seeing yuri's face when she's into role playing or when she's acting like a mentor to her loyal student aka sakura.

"you two should make the audience feel like you have the connection for the type of song you're singing, this sonn requires romance. isn't that right, nako-ssi, hitomi-ssi?" yuri spoke so much like a true teacher that nako burst out in laughter as hitomi does too.

"hai, hai, teacher jo yuri is correct," they agree in unison.

teacher jo yuri makes them retake their acting scene from the start. hyewon then plays the guitar as chaewon sings; hitomi and nako now has their full attention on the two who are still into their characters. 

the older japanese hits the high note dramatically, like she's in a movie as yuri, nako, and hitomi claps in approval; she then decides to be a playful singer and starts pestering hyewon. her guitarist were smiling at the girl singing while trying hard to maintain her playing of the guitar. 

"amazing! you're not even trying wow." yuri nods happily as their teacher.

at one point, the older girl leaned dangerously close towards the guitarist's face and caresses her cheeks. the action takes hyewon by surprise as she immediately recoiled from the touch, hitting her head with the guitar by accident.

the rapper scurries away from the room, citing bathroom reasons; sakura, yuri, hitomi, and nako were left looking at one another.

'wait, what?' nako asks mentally, hitomi and yuri doing the same while the cherry blossom is left dumbfounded and stunned by the event that happened earlier.

-

the group was huddled in the living room one night during a day free of schedules, sakura decided that it would be the best time to break her silence on her overloading infatuation towards a certain visual; hyewon was out buying grocery shopping with minju and chaewon, much to the rapper's chagrin. she was escorted out of the door quickly with the two kims while mumbling about how these two always fight over me. 

sakura lets out a very annoyed groan once their group is all present (sans hyewon, the main subject, minju, and chaewon) around a circle. 

"spill the tea unnie." yuri breaks the stifling silence that hung over them. 

"sakura-chan here," chaeyeon pats the whining girl's head, "is having infatuation-issues about a specific person in our group." the dancer says with a smug smile, purposely choosing her words to raise curiosity of the other girls.

"oh really? who is it? tellmetellmetellme" yuri asks impatiently, of course, topics about love interests are almost always the best thing to talk about.

"guess." eunbi speaks.

the maknaes share a knowing smile with one another just as eunbi and chaeyeon does the same. yuri looks around to see hitomi and nako discussing something within theirselves before being noticed by the two japanese girls and being quickly ushered to seat next to them.

"yuri-chan, I think I know who it is." hitomi tells her before turning around and nodding to nako to continue.

"well, yuri-chan, remember when you were being your usual dramatic self one day and you dragged kang-chan and sakura-chan into your skits." nako asks her, eyebrows raised up.

yuri tries to recall about the said event but all she remembers is hyewon and sakura doing very good in their acting and making her feel like a proud mom.

"well, I didn't notice something fishy but they were very good actors that day. it almost felt like they weren't acting, at least sakura-chan didn't look like it, especially when she kept glancing at hyewon-unnie while lip syncing and-" yuri drops her sentence.

"wait- what?!?" the vocalist exclaims, realization suddenly dawning upon her.

"wow, unbelievable, all this time I thought you were just acting!" she points at sakura, playfully trying to look accusing. 

sakura releases out another groan at yuri's joke, further proving that her actions are obvious but hyewon is actively avoiding any of her advances and flirting actions. 

"god, me realizing how stubborn kang-chan would be towards my feelings makes me want to handcuff her in my bed and have my way with her for a whole day." she angrily huffs, then realizing what she just said.

several gasps were elicited from her group members, turning her face akin to the shade of her very own name.

"wonyoungie, cover your ears. sakura-chan here is being a ert." yujin tries to block the youngest's ears but to no avail.

chaos were now in attendance as the girls are all contributing towards it. wonyoung and yujin were dancing to tunes of kura-chan and kwangbae sitting on a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g while generally causing rucus wherever they go. yuri is crying dramatically as her one and only love is being taken away by the oldest foreigner. 

 

-

yena sighs for the nth time within the span of five minutes after seeing hyewon once again fidget like a lost child in the mall. the said girl was destroying her other '99 liner friend in a game of tekken when sakura came barging at the living room looking for the visual rapper. 

"hey yena, would you mind if I borrow kang-chan for a bit?" sakura asks, unaware of the sweating girl on the other side of the controller.

the younger one sees hyewon frantically shaking her head in her peripheral vision just as she's about to reply and nod her head to sakura.

'damn, kwangbae is really useless.' yena sighs mentally.

she contemplates whether to give away her friend to the japanese or grant hyewon's request, much to the other korean's dismay, yena happily agrees. a bit too happy based on hyewon's eyes.

"thanks, yena-ah. I just want ice cream, I'll give return her back to you after I've satisfied my cravings." sakura replies with a bright grin on her soft features.

sakura proceeds to grab the younger visual's controller, sat it on top of the console, and swiftly pulls hyewon towards her. much to her surprise, the girl complied wordlessly. given how many times she tried - tried very hard to let her kang-chan see what her advances meant towards the other girl - this past week to initiate skinship and do painfully obvious flirting with her, it's a miracle that the girl showed no resistance. recently, it would've went the usual routine consisting the japanese asking the korean out or making flirtatious remarks towards her resulting in the younger one itching to get out of her vicinity.

leaving the duck-like girl and out of the dorms, sakura double checks everything, mask, phone, wallet, keys. she turns to the still quiet girl beside her, she's a bit surprised when she sees the rapper's eyes peeking at her. hyewon's undivided attention towards her face is... a welcoming change and all since the girl tries to escape her grasp every chance she gets but at the same time, it makes her face feel a little bit hotter than usual. minutes passed since she saw the girl staring at her with an unreadable expression yet not one of them breaking eye contact with each other.

deciding to break the silence, sakura starts, "is there something on my face kang-chan?"

this seemed to be effective in pulling hyewon out of whatever trance she's in since the girl blinks once, then twice, then looks away hastily, a hint of pink blossoming on her puffy cheeks. it's quite amazing how she is, in sakura's opinion; the girl is probably the most confusing yet at the same time, the best one to be figured out yet. sakura may be a bit biased since she sees the girl as her world but hey, who cares? hyewon is still the best person that ever graced this planet.

"n-no, nothing. let's get ice cream, yeah?" hyewon forces out, embarassed by the fact that she was caught in the act earlier.

sakura hums in agreement, the korean is already on the move but the older one stalks her way to catch up to her. then after a surge of confidence, entwines their fingers together; occupying  the gaps that were meant to be filled by the fingers of another.

hyewon stilled at the notion of sakura holding her hands and she turns to look at her with a nonchalant expression but her eyes twinkling very meekly with happiness; of course the japanese would know, if she knew one thing best in the world, it's that she knows kang hyewon speaks much more in her eyes than her lips and she couldn't be  more damn prouder to herself due to that fact.

"there, much better isn't it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter