Minayeon 2

Obsession

Nayeon watched Mina in her sleep with a sort of amusement. She swept a few strands of hair out of Mina’s face to get what she would like to call ‘the optimal view of this absolutely crazy beauty.’ Her closed eyes, her steady breaths, her addictive warmth and aroma. She was perfect in every way that was thought impossible. 

 

‘Your father doesn't have much time, Nayeon.’ The woman said on the phone. ‘I know your job in Korea is unstable. You should go back home.’ She continued. ‘Home?’ Nayeon muttered. The word that she hardly could imagine coming out from her mother, the one who made her reject the confession from the girl she loved. ‘Sorry but I’m not going back.’ Nayeon answered as if she had been suppressing a ton of emotions and at the same time, no emotions at all. ‘I guessed I know the reason for your decision. Did you see her again? Myoui Mina?’ Her mother asked. ‘How did you know?’ Nayeon halted. ‘Nayeon-ah, I know you’re still angry at me because of what happened. I always made you choose between your responsibility and your freedom. Then I realized, you don’t have to quit one for another. Both you and Mina should go back home and visit your father.’

Nayeon had longed and battled for this acceptance her entire life. That acceptance alone was enough to make up for the loss she had been enduring. Before she started weeping, Mina came to hold her. ‘I love you.’ Mina pulled Nayeon into her arms. ‘I love you too.’ She whispered in return.

It might be too soon to say it, but perhaps their love has outgrown the universe.

 

(This chapter is really short because I wrote it in a rush, and also, sorry for the hiatus. Lately I have lost my motivations due to lockdown in my country. I will try to write a good ending so please show your support :")