Nayeon

Obsession

‘Nayeon?’ Mina paused from reading the script. ‘Yes, that’s the name of your therapist. Her profile is really impressive, she graduated from a prestigious university in America.’ The manager replied and handed her a cup of coffee. ‘Is her full name Im Nayeon, the one with bunny teeth?’ Mina frowned a bit. ‘Yes, how did you know?’ 

‘Mina! The director said your solo scene was perfect, we shall move on to the next!’ A man barged in in the middle of the conversation. 

 

Under the heat of the intense spotlight, the production team gathered around to monitor the performance. ‘A kiss scene?’ Mina was just as surprised as everyone else on the set. 'It wasn't what we discussed, PD nim.’ The manager strode towards the director. ‘Do you want higher ratings? Do you want her acting debut to be successful? Do you?’ The director gritted his teeths. ‘But PD nim..’ The manager scratched his hair. ‘There are many competent actors and actresses out there. I wouldn’t have hired her if I knew she couldn’t kiss a man!’ The director shouted and pointed at Mina.

‘Gosh, I’ve never seen such a disrespectful rookie.’ Another manager made an arrogant remark as he walked by. 

 

Anger? Embarrassment? Or Guilt? Mina didn’t feel anything. The older she got, the less need she felt to punch someone in the face. Yes they deserved it, but she wouldn’t waste her strength meaninglessly. ‘Ignoring them hurts their pride more than using your fists.’ A university senior used to tell her that. 

Rather, Mina pitied the director. 

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

Im Nayeon. President of the School Student Council, three years ago. Not only was she pretty, smart and athletic, she was also known for being the daughter of a plutocrat. How the hell did she end up working in such a small and shabby place? 

‘Are you here for a clinic tour, or are you here for my service?’ Nayeon interrupted her train of thoughts. ‘I didn’t realize you were here.’ Mina answered awkwardly, gaining a chuckle from the latter. 

‘It’s my once-in-a-lifetime honor treating a celebrity patient.’ Nayeon said while examining Mina’s past health records. ‘You really don’t remember me?’ Mina asked. An unexplainable pain throbbed in her chest. ‘You? Have we met before?’ Nayeon tilted her head, her hands still flipping through the pages. ‘No, probably not..Im Nayeon.'