Mina

Obsession

‘Straighten your back and smile. Don’t forget to pose 20 seconds for each camera. Got it?’ The manager said as he peeked outside. 

Camera flashes were beginning to go off, people were cheering and trying to get as close to the stage as possible. It was totally chaotic and overwhelming, no matter how much they’ve accustomed to this job. 

‘Ready.’ Mina answered simply before making an entrance in a calm, elegant manner. The MC uttered a few words of introduction but didn’t even get a chance to finish. Flashes exploded like fireworks, while everyone went wild at her mere presence. 

Her back was straightened and she was smiling, posing for all the cameras. Her long, black hair flowed over her shoulders, complimenting her bright, flawless skin. The red, short dress embraced her curves perfectly, highlighting her desirable tiny waist. 

‘Mina! Mina! Please look over here! Mina! I love you! Please open a concert!’ These noises made her feel like drowning. 

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

 

‘A celebrity with a stage fright?’ Nayeon leaned back comfortably, rocking her chair out of habit. ‘I know it doesn’t sound convincing, but please help me out.’ The manager pleaded and she was in no position to refuse. After all, Nayeon was just a temporary worker at this local therapy clinic. ‘Of course, I’m also a big fan of Mina.’ She smiled half-heartedly and clapped her hands. ‘Thank you so much. Don’t tell anyone about this, since it isn't good for her image.’ The manager bowed, his voice echoed in the corridor. 

 

There was no way of not knowing who Mina is. If anyone didn't know Mina, they’d be given weird side eyes and murmurs. Nayeon has heard the mentions of Mina hundreds of times at least. She saw Mina everywhere, everyday, on the news, TV shows, advertisements and posters. It was an obsession which she couldn’t understand, and avoided understanding at all cost. Now that Nayeon took a closer look at the Mina poster in the subway, she’s indeed very pretty. No. No, Nayeon would never become one of those idiotic fans things. She plugged her earphones in and started playing a random podcast. 

‘Hello everyone, welcome back to another episode.’ A soft, honey-like voice poured into Nayeon’s ears and immediately captured her full attention. ‘I’m your favorite host ...Mina.’