D-2

Birthday Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-2

 

 

***

 

 

"Omma, I brought a friend, I hope it's okay." Seohyun announced the moment she and the doe-eyed reached home.

 

Yoona bowed in respect to the woman before her. "I'm Im Yoona, It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Seo."

 

"Aren't you the kid from next door?" Mrs. Seo however recognized her.

 

"Oh? You're just living next door?" Seohyun turned to the older girl next to her in surprise. 

 

"We just move." Yoona explained. "But it's not exactly our house. We're just staying for a month here." and flashes a brief smile.

 

"Yeah, heard you guys are from New York." said Mrs. Seo, smiling back. "Glad to know you are making friends with my daughter.

 

"She's an exchange student in our school, Omma." Seohyun took the chance to explain as well. 

 

"No wonder. Anyway, feel at home. Honey, bring her to your room while I prepare you guys some snack." Mrs. Seo instructed and the two girls complied. 

 

"My room isn't full of posters of them yet." said Seohyun as she walks in with Yoona.

 

"Not bad. My room used to have a lot of posters too. I can relate." grinned Yoona, amazed by the posters. She misses her own room which is used to be filled with her favorite idol group as well. 

 

"Oh, here are my photocards. Just a few still. I can't save enough to buy their merchandise." Seohyun shares the box as well. 

 

"Wow." Yoona is amazed. There are at least of it already in her box. "Tell me, that wasn't the first time Tiffany Unnie printed you these photocards, was it?"

 

"That was the fifth time. The first time, she only printed five of these." Seohyun shares, taking her seat on the edge of her bed and the doe-eyed followed.

 

"But she hasn't caught by the superior?"

 

"Nope."

 

"She's good at it." Chuckled Yoona in amusement. She checks every photo and a smile draws her face as time passes. "They're so cute and pretty. Especially this. Who is she?" She can't help and have a favorite of them.

 

"Oh, that's Giselle." Seohyun confirms. "Karina is my bias." And also shares hers, picking Karina's pic and shares it. 

 

"Wow, you are indeed a fangirl." Yoona giggles. She somehow doesn't need to pick any bias when she isn't their favorite but they're all pretty in her eyes. She thought Seohyun has the eyes too to pick her favorite group.

 

"Do you have a lot of photocards at home, too?" Seohyun got curious as she took the box back.

 

"Yes, at home, in New York. But that was back then, my parents burned them." 

 

"Omo, and you allow that?"

 

Yoona shrugs her shoulders. "I can't go against them. Besides, I can still see photos of them online."

 

"Wow, you are not really that an avid fan. I mean, most fangirls really value what they buy. It's like it's part of their lives. They treasure it. I treasure mine too." Seohyun says softly yet still can't believe the doe-eyed doesn't care about the photos that were burned. If it was her, she cried for days or even hate her parents. 

 

"I value that too you know, I mean those stuff with my own savings. But they burnt it without my knowledge and my parents will scold me more if I cry. So I just keep it to myself and days passes, I accepted my fate. I think I don't really belong in fangirling. Just being a casual fan, maybe." Yoona ended it with a soft chuckle. "You amazes me though. Not all fangirls can still focus on their studies."

 

Seohyun sighs. "I can't believe you."

 

"Me too. I can't believe myself." muttered Yoona as she assuringly smiled.

 

"The order is here." Mrs. Seo announced playfully as she walks in with a tray of food. She places it down to the coffee table and ushered both girls to have some snacks.

 

"Thank you, Omma."

 

"Thank you, Mrs. Seo." Yoona and Seohyun said at the same time as they took their snacks and casually bite on them.

 

"Hmm... These donuts are tasty." complimented Yoona, as it's her first time to have such taste. "Mrs. Seo, did you make this yourself?" So she got curious.

 

"Y-yes, Yoona-ssi. Glad you love them."

 

"Why don't you sell them?"

 

Seohyun's eyes widened in surprise. "For what?"

 

"I think this will sell out if you sell them." Yoona explained herself. 

 

"I tried one time, Yoona but it didn't click. So I stopped and my husband doesn't like it because I get tired easily and I have back pains most of the time when I work so much." Mrs. Seo regretfully shares but she smiled still. "But it's okay, I can bake them whenever I want." she added, as she appreciates the doe-eyed's praise on her doughnut too.

 

Seohyun felt sad listening to her mother's words and couldn't eat the doughnut.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that Mrs. Seo." Yoona regretted her words. She was about to just forget it when something crosses her mind. "You haven't gotten any tickets right?" 

 

"I don't have a chance anymore. It was sold out." Seohyun shakes her head.

 

"You still have a chance to get it. We can search only to those selling it." Yoona knew too well. 

 

"What is it about, Yoona-ssi?" Mrs. Seo is confused about what does the latter talking about.

 

"If it's okay, Mrs. Seo, can you bake more of this? We will sell it around the neighborhood. It's to buy Seohyun her ticket."

 

"What?" Both Seos exclaimed.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Seohyun then chuckled. "Even if we sell this, it won't be half of the price of the ticket." she reminded. "Also, they double the price if it's not from the official site."

 

"I know, but we will sell doughnuts until tomorrow. I think that would be enough."

 

"I love the idea, Yoona." Mrs. Seo agreed right away when she understands it. "I want to see my daughter going to that concert too. To think it's her birthday."

 

"It's her birthday?" Yoona's eyes widened as she turned to Seohyun right away. "Chincha?"

 

Seohyun got shy as she nodded her head. "Yes."

 

"Omo, there's more reason for you to see AESPA." A big smile formed Yoona's face as she got excited. 

 

Seohyun could only smile a little but it suddenly flutters her heart to see the doe-eyed's sparkling eyes. She has never seen that kind of effect from another person. 

 

 

:::

 

 

While Mrs. Seo is bringing the freshly baked doughnuts to a big bowl, Yoona and Seohyun are putting them into a box. Then they would put it in the fridge. Each box has six of them and labels it with Seo Doughnut. They're enjoying doing it while they're listening to AESPA's music playing on a speaker. Mrs. Seo can't even help and sing with it just like her daughter is doing.

 

Moments later, when everything is ready, Yoona took pictures of them and posted them online. She has at least 5k followers so it might help to sell the boxes.

 

"What if no one would buy?" Seohyun is worried as they brought some of the boxes outside the house to display them. "It would've been better if we have school today. We could've sold this to our classmates." she sighs exhaustedly. 

 

"There will be, don't worry. And it's almost lunchtime, I'm sure there will be." Yoona is positive, tilting her head from right to left and noticed there weren't any passers yet. "I think we should display this to a crowded place. Why not at the park?" she remembers their park is famous not just from people living in the neighborhood.

 

"Oh yeah, I think that's a good idea." Seohyun agrees immediately and they gather the boxes to a bigger box and began to carry it together all the way to the park. 

 

Just as they reached the park, Yoona received messages popping on her phone. "Omo." she didn't expect to see a lot of orders. 

 

"Wow, are they your friends?" Seohyun is amazed at herself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter