D-3

Birthday Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-3

 

 

***

 

 

"The last to submit their answer sheet will erase the board." Their teacher in Science announced causing them to fasten their pace. Some just didn't mind reading the question while others are skipping a lot of questions. Meanwhile, Seohyun who barely passed the last exam is taking her time. She doesn't mind erasing the board later. She needs to pass so her parents will give her something as they promised. Whatever it is she hopes it's something to do with her favorite idol group though. 

 

As soon as the bell rang, everyone except her gets up and handed their papers to their teacher. Yoona who followed the others noticed Seohyun is the only student that's still answering and she can't help but smile before she went out to have her lunch break.

 

"Looks like you really studied, Ms. Seo." Their teacher said as she took her answer sheet. "Go erase the board." And didn't miss to remind her.

 

"Yes, Teacher Choi." Seohyun politely complied. She took the eraser nearby and erases the writings on the board casually. 

 

"By the way, on Monday, we'll have another exam so make sure to study."

 

"Wait, you didn't announce that to the class, Teacher Choi." 

 

"I know. But they won't listen to me either way. You're the only student in my class that listens so I decided to just tell you this." Teacher Choi smiled cheerfully as she waves her hand and leaves her student alone in their classroom.

 

"Whoa." Seohyun can't believe she received the praise. It's her first time and coming from her favorite teacher. She loves science either way that's why she listens to her discussion. She suddenly felt energized and erases the rest of the writings with smiles on her face.

 

-

 

"Yah, what are you guys doing?" Seohyun exclaimed when she found three students sneaking into the faculty room. The students turned to her just to hastily run away. "Aish, did they got something inside already?" she checks the inside but nothing is strange despite being empty. She took that as a sign that the three students did not steal something and resume her way to the library. 

 

She spotted Tiffany from the counter right away and smiled meaningfully. "Unnie, you got it?"

 

"On your left. It's on the last shelf." informed the young librarian who shakes her head slowly.

 

"Thanks, Unnie." Casually walking like she's looking for some books, Seohyun is slowly getting closer and closer to the last shelf of the library and look for what she has asked for Tiffany, who's working in the library and also her close friend since she attended Jeonju High. Her eyes lit up when she saw the magazine with AESPA as the cover and immediately took it. It wasn't only that, there was a poster and photocards nearby. She asks her to print it for her since she can't afford to buy it in stores. The library is free with it but only for work-related stuff. She definitely had to treat her for secretly printing it for her.

 

"Why do you love them so much?" Tiffany surprised her with her sudden question when she approaches her.

 

"Oh, Unnie. Thank you again." Seohyun couldn't help herself and hug her friend tightly.

 

"Aigoo, you know when it's for you." said Tiffany, rubbing her back gently. "So let me know when you need more, I can do more prints." she winks playfully as she let go of her.

 

"Chincha? Um, Is that too much to ask?"

 

"Nope. As long as we don't get caught." 

 

Seohyun chuckled with the older girl. "Yes. Thank you again for this. Um, later after school, let's meet outside. I'll treat you some fish cake." 

 

"Omo, that's definitely a deal. I'll see you later." Tiffany got excited. But she can't let her stay for long as there might be students or fellow librarians like her, walking on them and they'll get in trouble.

 

Seohyun complied as she jogs towards the exit door of the library. But she hasn't even reached it when she heard a loud thud, stopping her tracks. She turned and so as Tiffany from the distance.

 

"Someone's here?" Tiffany walks to the source of the noise where it came from and found a figure is lying on the floor with some books on her body. "Yah, this place is not for sleeping." she scolded as she casually helps her pick the books off of her.

 

Seohyun put her stuff down and help her friend as well. 

 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't find a place to sleep after lunch." The familiar voice got Seohyun to stop midway and she immediately took the book on her face.

 

"Im Yoona?" She's stunned. "What are you doing here?"

 

"You know her?" Tiffany raises her eyebrows.

 

"Hehehe, Hi, Seohyun-ssi." Yoona waves her hand, slowly getting up. "I told you, it's the only place I could rest." she explained once again.

 

"Did you hear us?" Seohyun wanted to make sure. She can't afford to be in detention if she heard their conversation earlier.

 

"What should I hear? I just woke up." A big yawn escapes Yoona's mouth as she stretched her arms upward. "Oh, is that AESPA?" But she noticed a magazine on the floor.

 

Seohyun hurriedly picked them up. 

 

"You did not see that, okay?" Tiffany firmly stated. "Otherwise, I'm also reporting you for sleeping here." And didn't even think twice to threaten her.

 

Yoona chuckled in disbelief. "That was so easy for you. I was just surprised to see the magazines and there seem to be posters too. You guys love that group?" she playfully asks.

 

"I... like them." Seohyun admitted shyly. "But please don't tell anyone about this."

 

"Is this illegal?"

 

"I used the printer in the library which I shouldn't because it's for the library only." explained Tiffany. She put her hand over Yoona's shoulder and look at her close and serious. "You, one word with the others, you'll get in detention too."

 

Yoona nervously nodded. "My lips are sealed." And she assures, flashing a weak smile.

 

"Good." Tiffany is satisfied, patting the doe-eyed girl's shoulder.

 

"But can we trust you?" Seohyun is doubtful. She doesn't know her yet so it's not easy to trust.

 

"I'm not a troublemaker, Seohyun-ssi." Yoona reassures. "Well, except for sleeping here. But you have my word."

 

"She'll do it, Hyun. You know she'll get in trouble too if she does." 

 

"Okay." Seohyun agreed but sends a brief glare to the doe-eyed as she bowed to Tiffany. "I'll get going Unnie." And casually leaves the library.

 

Yoona was about to follow but Tiffany got her shoulder, stopping her. "Wae?"

 

"Let her leave first and leave too after 5 minutes." explained The older girl with a smirk.

 

"What?" Yoona exclaimed. "I still have class, Ms. Hwang."

 

"5 minutes won't make you skip the class, babo." 

 

"But-"

 

"Just do as I say. Stay for five minutes. Tsk." Tiffany let go of her and pick one book on the floor. "Fix this yourself." She couldn't miss letting her do it.

 

Yoona whines to complain but there's nothing she can do but comply afterward. 5 minutes won't be that long either way.

 

 

:::

 

 

After school, Seohyun isn't like other students that stay and hang out with their friends. She headed straight to the security guard's house and took the eco bag that contains the magazine and posters. The security knows her well that she was able to leave it there safely. 

 

Stepping into her bike, she pedals out of the school ground happily, listening to the song she likes from the group on her earpiece connected to her phone in her pocket while her silky hair is flying. She's excited to put the posters on the walls of her bedroom. She already has few posters but she doesn't have photocards and magazines. It's her first to own one. 

 

She slows down when she realizes she's nearing the cafe. 

 

"Unnie, cafe frappuccino please." She orders as she just enters it and took her seat to her usual spot, near the outlet, where she charges her phone and check updates online using the wifi of the cafe. The owner knows that it's free for her to use their wifi. At home is boring since her father cut their wifi 5 months ago. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter