D-1

Birthday Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-1

 

***

 

 

Seohyun's POV

 

When you wish for something on your birthday, it really sometimes doesn't mean it will come true. Unexpected things happen and I'm not sure if I even want to wish again next year. But I don't care, my parents are more important than something I just want to happen. There will still be a chance, just like Yoona has told me.

 

After delivering the 10th on the list, we decided to take a break in a nearby cafe so she could count the money we've earned so far. To make sure it's correct. I was just staring at her, admirably. No friends of mine are this really energetic when it comes to working. She's just 19 but she looks like she has worked a lot already. 

 

"Yoona, you look like you're so pro with this." I commented which brought her attention to me.

 

"Not quite but I have worked as a part-timer in a cafe back in New York." Explained her, looking serious.

 

"Wae? I thought you guys are rich?" 

 

"Not really that rich where you can buy everything. That enough rich where my parents have a high salary. Also, I don't depend on the most of the time." 

 

I got jealous. "My parents don't like me working." I confessed with a sigh. "I'm jealous."

 

"Your parents have reasons I'm sure of that. I mean, we're still young and have a bright future. They want us to focus on that." She explained to me softly, flashing a genuine smile that flutters my heart. She's really so positive, I love it.

 

"Indeed." I got nothing to say as I agree with her either way. 

 

"Here. Forty orders left. I think we will finish this before the sun sets." Yoona handed me the purse. "You know, I'm proud of you."

 

"What? Why?" I chuckled in disbelief. That's so random for her.

 

"I thought you would still think of the ticket but after seeing your mom unconscious, it was by instinct that you want to help the bill right away. That's something at your age can never think of." She told me as if she knows me too well, flattering me. My cheeks feel hot after I heard her words.

 

"I already told you so. Since the first day I heard about the concert, I wasn't sure I can go. Especially that it was too expensive." I told her and she smiles a little. "But thanks for the words. That cheered me up." and I can't miss telling her.

 

"I'm just telling the truth. Anyway, I got our order." She said and wink as she left to get our drinks. 

 

I was just once again speechless. My cheeks got even hotter that I can't help and cupped them. "What's wrong with me?" I shake my head and pouted.

 

-

 

"How about I rent a bike?" Yoona returned to our seat, holding the two medium size of iced americano. "You know, to be easier for us to deliver. If I stick riding behind you, you'll get exhausted."

 

"It's okay, I haven't feel exhausted yet since we started earlier."

 

She shakes her head which made me raise my eyebrows.

 

"Later, you will get exhausted. I have to transfer the other boxes to mine as well so it's even for us." Yoona further explained. She sounds like she doesn't need my opinion anymore so I just nodded my head.

 

"Thank you for this." I told her, flashing a bright smile before I took some sips on it.

 

Suddenly my phone vibrates on the side and when I check it, my father is calling. I hastily pick it and answers his call. "How's Omma, Appa?"

 

[She's fine now. But needs to be confined as she will undergo some tests. She overfatigues that's why she passed out. Aigoo, I know this will happen. But glad it wasn't that serious. How's everything there?]

 

I was relieved after hearing such news. I thought I will continue worrying about mom. But glad she's fine now. "Yes, everything's good here, Appa. We're taking a break at the moment. But will be back in fifteen minutes. Take care of Omma, Appa. And sends my regards to her."

 

[Of course. Take care of yourself as well. Don't work too hard.]

 

"Yes, thank you for the news Appa. That just give me some strength."

 

[I know you would love to hear that. I'll see you later. Tell Yoona to take care as well.]

 

"Yes." I answered and ended the call with a small smile appearing on my face.

 

"That's good news, wasn't it?"  Yoona grinned towards me and I nodded my head a little while smiling. "I knew there's no need to worry."

 

"Yeah, but still we need to use the money for this for her. She has to undergo some tests to make sure she's fine." 

 

"Of course, no need to tell me." She giggles and finally has a sip of her drink. I could only smile as I can see it made her happy when she learned it. It feels so nice to share it with someone who would feel genuinely happy like me as well.

 

 

:::

 

 

The thirtieth order was delivered successfully and our next ten orders' destination has to be far. Yoona suggested we ride a cab and still insist to spend her own money to pay for the fare no matter how many times I told her I got it this time. I will surely pay her back after this. 

 

"Have you been to Seongnum?" She asks me with those sparkling eyes and I could tell she knows the place.

 

"Not yet, wae?" So I got curious.

 

"That's the place my parents meet for the first time." 

 

"Whoa, you know their story?" I got interested.

 

Yoona nodded brightly and those smiles are so priceless. "They told me they were high school lovers. Appa was a basketball player and mom was one of the theater actresses. They one time had the same class and that's when they fell for each other. Love at first sight, they say."

 

"Love? I... Don't know how to describe that yet. " I confessed a bit shy. But I do have a crush back when I was in grade school. 

 

"How about a crush?" Yoona asks teasingly that I can't answer right away. 

 

"Um... I do... Have one. But that was back then. Apparently don't have it. " I told her and avoided her stares. It makes my heart flutters and my cheeks are heating up again. 

 

Yoona suddenly moved closer to me and I shifted my eyes back to her. "Wae?" My heart just skipped a beat. 

 

"You are not wearing the seatbelt." She reasoned, reaching for the seat belt on my right that she had to lean towards me, making me panic as I look at her in the eyes with eyes widening and heart is beating fast. I got nervous especially that our faces are inches apart and I can feel her hot breath against my face. It feels like a long time but she finally leaned out to buckle my seat belt. 

 

"Thanks." I told her in such a low voice. 

 

Yoona giggles, pinching my cheeks. "You're cute, Seohyunnie." She told me. I was only staring at her, confused. 

 

"By the way, the last ten boxes are for one person only. That means this person treated her friends or family." 

 

"Chincha?" My voice almost didn't come out as I still tried myself to calm. 

 

"And the exact location is their school gym. Or is it for a sports team? What do you think?" She looks at me with those cute eyes. 

 

"I don't know. Maybe he's an Athlete too?"

 

"Could be." She shrugged her shoulders. "He's one of Yejin Unnie's fans."

 

"He saw the post?"

 

"Absolutely."

 

"Yejin Unnie really helps us a lot." I haven't mentioned it. I'm so grateful for her besides Yoona. It was unexpected yet I shouldn't take it for granted.

 

"I know right? But it was more of your mother's doughnuts and your hard work that's why they ordered. You know how tasty it is and you provided sweets on the toppings."

 

"Yah, don't credit me only. It's you as well." I can't believe she only mentioned me and mom. She has helped us more.

 

"Oh and your father also. " she added, giggling.

 

"Yeah, of course." I smile back in agreement.

 

-

 

In an hour and 45 minutes of drive, we arrived at the town and reached the school gym in no time. We were confused at first because we noticed a lot of cars outside and people are entering the school gym as if there's an important match.

 

"Looks like there's someone, they're waiting?" Yoona guesses as we entered the gym and was greeted by a lot of people sitting on every chair inside the basketball court. There was a stage and a banner that made my eyes widened.

 

"Omo, isn't that Karina?" I exclaimed. 

 

"Yeah, it's her." Yoona confirmed with such joyful smiles. "Did you just got lucky?"

 

"Heol. Who ordered this though?" Now I'm curious as to who really ordered the doughnuts. My heart is beating fast as I am thinking it could be Karina or someone close to her. 

 

"It says, Yu Ji Kim."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter