D-Day! [Final]

Birthday Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-Day!

 

 

***

 

 

"Yoona-ssi, your phone keeps ringing."

 

The doe-eyed beauty who is sitting in front of the mirror while a make-up artist and a hairstylist are busy doing her makeup and hair, opened her left eye then followed the other to try to see who's calling her. "Can I answer it first?" she politely ask and she was given the chance. She bowed her head a little before she picks up the phone nearby and gets up to answer it in the changing room. "Seohyunnie." her voice turns to aegyo as she greets the person on the next line.

 

[Where are you? I thought you're going to celebrate my birthday with me? And what's with the tickets? How'd you get them?]

 

"Oh yeah, it's your birthday. Happy 19th Birthday, Seohyunnie!" she greeted enthusiastically.

 

[Aish, please explain this to me.] Seohyun has a serious tone on her voice.

 

"I'll explain later lunchtime. I'm a bit busy at the moment."

 

[Chincha? What are you doing?]

 

Yoona giggles. "Just some errands. I'll see you later, okay? Send my regards to your parents."

 

[Errands or you're doing something like an idol does?] Seohyun teases.

 

"Nope. I told you I'm not an idol. I'm just a simple tennis player."

 

[I searched your name on the portal site and there aren't any names called Im Yoona as a tennis player. Seriously what's up?]

 

"Aigoo, I'm not that popular. What happened yesterday was only a coincidence. Karina's brother is a fan of tennis. That's it."

 

[Aish, you better explain to me also how did you get these tickets because I can't accept this without valid reasons too.]

 

Yoona chuckled as she finds it funny and adorable to hear her words. "You won't return that, no matter what you do. I'll see you later." she said and ended the call right away. She let out a sigh and walked out of the room to resume with her makeup.

 

 

:::

 

 

Walking out of the comfort room, Seohyun heard a knock on the door and her mother let the person in. Her eyes and Yoona's meet that instant but she sends her suspicious glares which made her smile only.

 

"Happy Birthday, Seohyunnie." Greeted Yoona enthusiastically while holding up food in both hands.

 

"You got some explaining to do." Said Seohyun as she grabs her arm and did not let her put those things down as she drags her outside the ward.

 

"A friend of mine, when she learned I'm looking for tickets for AESPA's concert, she gives me the tickets which are supposedly hers. Something came up that she can't able to attend." Explained Yoona in one breath. She didn't even stutter.

 

Seohyun however still couldn't be convinced. "Are you sure it wasn't like you buy it or you have connections to AESPA's agency?" as she raises her eyebrows towards the doe-eyed. "That was VVIP tickets, that means that person is super-rich."

 

"She definitely is. So-"

 

"I'm still not convinced. When did you got it?"

 

Yoona rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Last night. I was supposed to give it earlier but I saw you and your mom is having fun conversing. I change my mind."

 

"I hate liars Yoona. I hope you're not lying to me." Seohyun sighs in defeat. The way her words are always like straight sounds really like she's true with it. 

 

"Believe me, please."

 

"What's the name of this friend?"

 

"That I can not tell. She's a very private person. Don't worry, I already thank her on behalf of you." Yoona flashes a genuine smile, hoping the birthday girl won't question her anymore. "We're going together, aren't we?" and she teases earning a chuckle from her.

 

"Of course. Aish, fine. Thank you for the tickets." Seohyun snatched the plastic bag that contains the food. "What you got there?" and checks the inside.

 

"You mentioned you love spicy chicken and fries, I bought on the way here. Let's have lunch with your mom, birthday girl." Yoona pinches her cheeks and giggle. "You're the prettiest girl today, you know."

 

"Thanks." Said Seohyun, shyly smiling. She's fluttered that she remembers what she shared during the past days.

 

Yoona opened the door back and let the younger girl enter first. "Where's Mr. Seo by the way?"

 

"He left to talk get the results of the test. Hopefully, everything is fine so Omma will be discharged tomorrow." Seohyun replied while she's transferring the food to a plate. She doesn't mind spending her birthday in the hospital, just as long she's with her mother.

 

"I see. How are you feeling, Mrs. Seo?"

 

"I feel better than yesterday now." The young mother replied with a small smile. "Thank you for the gift you gave to my daughter, Yoona-ssi."

 

Yoona shakes her head. "It's nothing. She deserves it, either way."

 

"You heard it, Honey?"

 

"Yes, that's why I'm thankful too, Omma." Seohyun softly said, facing the back with a genuine smile. She sets the plate to a table and especially gives her mother the porridge. She sends a playful glare to Yoona before she also gives her the plate as she sits down next to her.

 

Yoona smiled giddily. "What was your wish earlier?" But it suddenly crossed her mind that she missed to see her blow the candle. 

 

"Why would I share it?" Seohyun sticks her tongue out.

 

Mrs. Seo chuckled when she saw it. 

 

"Really?" While Yoona just scoffed. 

 

"You can't tell me the truth about the tickets. We're even now." A victorious smile plastered Seohyun's face. She really thinks she's hiding something but she doesn't want to push it anymore if she don't want to share it. 

 

Mrs. Seo laughs while Yoona is speechless and flustered. 

 

"It's my birthday indeed." Seohyun playfully said as she giggles and tool a big bite of her chicken, teasing the doe-eyed even more. It's fun seeing her reaction.

 

"I will let this slide because it's your birthday. Tomorrow, I'll get back at you." Yoona warned but in a playful way as she smiled cheerfully at the younger girl. 

 

"Aigoo, you two are getting closer than I have expected." Commented Mrs. Seo, happy to see her daughter has such a good friend. 

 

"Yeah, quite fast." Seohyun said as she smiled back to Yoona. She never really intend to but it's really great feeling to have Yoona as her friend. 

 

"You're easily to be friend with." Yoona couldn't lie about it. She's happy herself to have met the younger girl. Their move to their neighborhood is really the best decision her parents made. She was against with it first because it's a bit far from her previous school. But she's now enjoying every minute living there.

 

"You too, Yoongie." Seohyun softly says, tucking her hair behind her right ear and smile a little making the doe-eyed pinch her puffy cheeks again. "Aish!" That she hit her arm as a response. 

 

Mrs. Seo and Yoona laugh out so loud that're filling up the entire room. 

 

 

:::

 

 

"Face towel, check. Extra shirt, check. Bottle of water, check. Some snacks, check. Camera, check. You also have to tie your hair and salonpas. We need that after the concert. I'll buy it on the way then." Yoona said as a reminder while checking her backpack. "We're good to go." she announced.

 

"Okay." Seohyun nodded and she went to her vanity to get her tie. While tying her hair, she can see Yoona is behind her through the mirror, watching her with those smiles that she can't describe. But it also makes her smile. 

 

"I told Appa to drop us there since he is going to the office." Yoona informs softly.

 

"Your father still has worked at this time?" Turning her body around, Seohyun raises her eyebrows. "Isn't it too late?"

 

Yoona shakes her head. "He just needs to check on something." and flashes an amused smile. "He'll go home right after."

 

"I see." Seohyun nodded as she briefly smiled. She walked back to the bed to carry her backpack.

 

"Let's go." 

 

"Wait, you didn't tie your hair." Seohyun realized it. "We should be even. Come here, I'll tie it for you." and she took her hand, pulling her gently to the mirror. "It's a bunny tie just like mine." giggles her.

 

Yoona is speechless as she just lowered herself a little so she can tie her hair too. She can't however help and smile, staring at her in the mirror. But she ends up not taking her eyes off of her while she's fluttering, admiring the younger girl quietly.

 

"Done." Seohyun excitedly announced. "Now we're like twins." she playfully said with a giggle.

 

Yoona tried to see her ponytail and she likes it. "You are good at this, aren't you?"

 

"I used to tie mom's hair." 

 

"Oh, no wonder. But I'm not your mom." She jokes.

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Of course. Come on, before we hear your father's voice." Grabbing the doe-eyed's hand and gently drags her out of her bedroom. It's lucky she's just living in the next house. There's no need to wait for a while.

 

"He's already waiting outside though." Yoona mumbles to inform while she's liking their hands intertwined silently.

 

"What?" Seohyun exclaimed. "And you just told me now?"

 

"He's fine waiting outside."

 

"I hate you sometimes." 

 

Yoona laughs, unconsciously pinched her cheeks again causing the latter to huff cutely. "You know you have the cutest cheeks."

 

"Everyone said." Seohyun wasn't surprised at all. "Even our teachers."

 

Moments later they meet with her father and Seohyun bowed in respect before stepping inside the car.

 

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Im." Said the birthday girl, smiling shyly.

 

"I heard it's your birthday?" Mr. Im asks as he the engine and drives them off casually. "Happy Birthday! I hope you're having a blast."

 

"Y-yes. I am." Seohyun got even shyer when she saw his teasing smile that looks like Yoona's. She can really tell where did she got it.

 

"My daughter is taking care of you well, right?"

 

The question caused Seohyun to looked at Yoona on her left, who only smiled at her. She slowly looked back at her father with a brief shy smile. "We-We're friends. We take care of each other." she softly replied while her cheeks are blushing.

 

"Appa, focus on the road." Yoona instructed earning a laugh from him. She patted the birthday girl's hand on her lap and smiled cheerfully.

 

A small yet cute smile formed on Seohyun's lips. 

 

 

:::

 

 

After bidding farewell to her father, Yoona and Seohyun proceed to queue but since their tickets are VVIP they were asked by the staff to proceed inside where there's another queue for VVIP fans. 

 

While walking on their way inside, Seohyun noticed how some girls are looking in their direction as if they know them or was it Yoona? She looked at the girl next to her just to see her smiling while raising her eyebrows. 

 

'She's really hiding something from me.' She thought in mind, convinced that she isn't just a normal tennis player just like she said. To think, everyone in the venue is young and fans of the group. She isn't just popular in sports, she can feel it. 'I'll find out soon.' But she doesn't want to ask her again when she'll hear the same answer. She'll let her tell her the truth in time.

 

"The meet and greet are happening. Make sure you guys are wearing these ID's." The staff told them while handing the VVIP fans the ID's which has printed as Meet & Greet fans.

 

"Omo, that means... " Seohyun just realized it. She looked at Yoona with eyes widening. 

 

"Yes, Seohyunnie. We'll meet them all." Yoona is amused with her realizations. "So let's keep patiently wait. I think we're at 40 something in this queue."

 

"I'm going to meet and have a picture of them, isn't it?" Seohyun is feeling nervous and excited at the same time, recalling back what happened yesterday. She's anxious. 

 

"You'll be fine. You even got Karina's signature and photos, without fainting, that's already impressive." Yoona praises, massaging the birthday girl's shoulders. She can feel her nervousness. "It's a long wait before our turn, either way, so pushed aside your anxiety first."

 

Seohyun sighs and pouted cutely. "Indeed."

 

-

 

Almost an hour before it was their turn. Seohyun and Yoona entered the room, bowing in an instant to the four girls who are waiting for them.

 

"I'm Im Yoona." Yoona just casually introduced herself as she holds out her hand, shaking every girlshands. "It's nice to meet you girls."

 

"S-Seo Joohyun." Seohyun proceeds to introduce herself and she stopped at Karina's hand who looked at her with a meaningful smile.

 

"It's you again, Seohyun-ssi." Karina greeted, happy to see the same fan she meet yesterday. She can't help and pulled her for a brief hug.

 

"Thank you, U-Unnie." Seohyun replied softly as she almost couldn't take it when they hug. "I'm really such a fangirl." But she finally can talk more and she giggles. 

 

"Thank you, Seohyun-ssi." A sweet smile appeared on Karina's face. 

 

"So you're Seo Joohyun, the person Karina mentioned yesterday." Gisele said as she shakes hand with Seohyun and also hugs her. 

 

"Yes." Seohyun was surprised to hear it, flushing in that instant.

 

"We love the doughnuts." Winter shares, sending some hearts with her fingers to their fan then hugs her briefly.

 

"Chincha? Thank you. My mom baked them." Seohyun proudly says.

 

Yoona then took her phone out. "Can we take a picture?" And she signals the girls to stand next to her friend. They let her stand at the center and poses to the camera.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

And more poses were done and were captured on the doe-eyed's phone. Seohyun all did is to make a v-sign and smile awkwardly at the camera. Then the latter uses the selfie camera so she could be on the picture this time. 

 

"Oh, by the way, have some of these. I hope you guys enjoy the concert." Ningning was reminded of the drinks they prepared for their fans and immediately she handed it to them.

 

"Thank you. Fighting!" Yoona and Seohyun both cheered on them as they accepted it as well as the photos of them that contain their signature. They exited the room in a while and that's when the birthday girl squeals but cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter