Chapter 3

Frenemies With Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Flashback

“Mom, I can’t do that.” Il Sung said after listening to the ridiculous order from his mother.

“What do you mean you can’t do that? Her father killed your father. Are you forget about that fact already?” His mom said angrily.

“But, that is her father that wrong not the daughter. It’s an accident anyway, mom. Not a murder case or what.” Il Sung tried to change his mother’s decision.

Apparently, the companies of both Il Sung’s father and Soo Yeon’s father were rivals. And there was an incident which Il Sung’s father dead because of that incident and coincidently Soo Yeon’s father also presented there. But, Soo Yeon’s father already proved innocent from any wrong. But, Il Sung’s mother insisted believing that Soo Yeon’s father was the killer of her husband. And she wanted to get revenge.

“And her father was already dead anyway mom. Why you need to get revenge to her daughter?”

Glaring to his son, she said, “Why? Are you felt pity with her?”

“It’s not that mom. But, she is innocent in this matter.”

“I just ask you to destroy her life not that I ask you to kill her.”

“If you didn’t want to do that. I will kill myself.” His mom threatened him.

“Mom!!!!” Il Sung could not believe that his mom would threaten him until that state.

“Okay, I tried.” Il Sung gave up and that brought a satisfied smile to his mother’s face. It might stupid to do that but he could not do anything with his mom threatened him like that.

Il Sung and Soo Yeon were rivals as companies’ CEO and also frenemies but he never evil or bad enough to destroy her life. However, because of his mom’s threat he could not but accept her stupid request or order. His mom was the one that suggested to start the relationship ‘frenemies with benefits’ to destroy Soo Yeon’s life. That was because usually woman the one that got disadvantage in this kind of relationship.

That was how their relationship as “frenemies with benefits” started. And it was never an accident for the first place for their ‘first night’. It was all his plan. Knowing her the type that never backed up with anything especially a ‘challenge’, that made his plan became easier to propose the relationship ‘frenemies with benefits’.

One of the things that he afraid during this was if she ever fell in love to him. Even if he also loves her, he could not accept her love and they could not have the ‘love relationship’. It would be the end if his mom found out about that. Not because he afraid if his mom did anything to him but he afraid if his mom did anything bad to Soo Yeon.

Eventually, he fell in love to her after spending those times with her. He did not know if he fell in love with her from the start or before they started as frenemies with benefits but for sure he loves her. He also could see her also had the same feeling as him but he just pretended did not know about that. And he as ‘the hottest casanova’ actually already stopped doing that kind of things even before she asked him to stop. That was because of her.

That night when he made the drunken confession, he actually just came back after fighting with his mom as his mom suspected him had a feeling to Soo Yeon. He was actually sober enough when he made that confession and as he expected she also loves him. That night, he chose to forget everything including his mom for Soo Yeon.

Only then, he realized about his action. He should not have giving her a hope to go into ‘love relationship’ with him which it would never happen because of his mom. That was why he decided to make that ‘stupid action’ that surely broke her heart.

“I am sorry Soo Yeon-ah.” Il Sung said as Soo Yeon went out from his office. It was hurting him also to hurt her like that.

Looking at the woman on his lap, he angrily said, “Get out, you. I don’t need you anymore.” He brushed away all the dirty dust from that woman, feeling disgusted.

_______________________________________________________________________________

“She went to France?!!”

“Yes, sajangnim.”

“Alright, you can go now.”

“It’s better for her right to stay far from here. I hope mom didn’t disturb her again.” Il Sung thought to himself.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Mom, can’t you stop this already? Her life was already destroyed as much as you wish. Just let her start a new life, please.” Il Sung tried to persuade his mom to stop their plan or ‘her’ plan.

His mom just kept silent as she did not feel satisfied yet. Actually, she felt like just wanted to kill Soo Yeon. But, she was not going to tell her son if she wanted to do that as she could see that her son had feeling to Soo Yeon. That made her angrier and she would not allow their relationship to happen. She also knew about Soo Yeon’s pregnancy but she didn’t have any plan to tell Il Sung as Il Sung unaware about that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter