Chapter 2

Frenemies With Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-5 years later-

 

France

“Mommy!” The cute voice of a girl could be heard.

“Yes, love.”

“Are you looking at daddy’s photo again?” She asked her mom.

Soo Yeon nodded her head.

Since her daughter’s early childhood, Soo Yeon already exposed Il Sung’s photos to her daughter. Yes, a daughter. 5-year-old daughter. Her name is Jung Hyun Ae. She took her dad’s last name. After all, Il Sung is still her daughter’s father. Soo Yeon tried to hate him for what he did to her but she could not. She failed. Her love to him is bigger than anything that she could not even hate him. She always showed Il Sung’s photos to her daughter and introduced him as a dad. There was a time when Hyun Ae asked her why they did not live together. She made up a story saying that both of them needed to work that was why they could not live together. Half of it is true as Soo Yeon opened a new branch of her company at the France and she had to stabilized it first before she could go back to Korea if she wanted to.

“Do you miss dad, mom?” She asked her mom while looking at her with her big beautiful eyes.

Soo Yeon just stayed silent with her daughter’s question while looking at Il Sung’s photo.

“Mom, if you miss dad. Why not we go back to Korea?”

“Hyun Ae-ah.”

“Yes, mom.”

“Do you want to meet your dad?” Soo Yeon asked while looking at her daughter.

“Yes.” Hyun Ae answered cheerfully while nodding her head.

Smiling at her daughter, she hugged her. “It’s time.” She thought to herself. Her company’s branch here in France already stabilized and she thought she could leave that to her responsible workers here. It was time to go back to her home country and time to face the man that she loves and never forgot.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Korea

It was already one month that Soo Yeon and her daughter landed in Korea but they did not meet yet with Il Sung. As soon as she landed in Korea, she got to know that her company was having a crisis. She had one month to finish settling that without she realized that one month already passed by.

“Mommy.” Hyun Ae called her mom who seemed busy with her paper works.

Turning to her daughter while smiling, she replied, “Yes, love.”

“Mommy, you said we are going to meet dad here. And we stayed here so long already but we still didn’t meet dad?”

Her question made Soo Yeon was having a thought for a while.

“Do you want to meet your dad tomorrow?” Soo Yeon asked her daughter.

“Can we?” Hyun Ae excitedly asked.

“Yes, love.” She smiled to Hyun Ae. “So, now you go with the nanny to choose which dress you want to wear to meet your dad tomorrow.”

“I want to wear princess’s dress!”

“Of course, you can, princess.” She could not stop smiling seeing her daughter being so happy to meet her dad.

“Yeay!! Bye, mommy. I will go choosing my dress.” Hyun Ae said without forget to kiss her mom first before running to her room.

She just smiled seeing her happy daughter. It was time for they meet. Tomorrow, she would attend a meeting with Jung Company means she would meet Jung Il Sung. She planned to ask him to go lunch with her after the meeting to bring him meet with her daughter. She wondered how is he going to react. Everything is going to be okay, right? He would accept his daughter, right? Even he didn’t love her.

Talking about the love, she would not deny that she still loves him. Yes, it was so hurt remembered again the incident 5 years ago. But then, she could never hate him. After all, she was the one that tried to cross the boundary of their relationship when in fact their relationship was literally just as ‘frenemies with benefits’ and nothing else. So, it was basically her fault wasn’t it? But, she thought how nice it is if what she thought before is true that he loves her too.

Smiling in bitter, she thought to herself, “It’s okay, as long as he can accept his daughter’s existence. That’s all. He doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter