Four

Pursuit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Please someone talk to her..” 

 

Eunbi, Sakura, Chaeyeon and Yena are currently sitting on the living room, watching the cheerful Yujin getting ready for her date later.

 

“Someone tell her this is a bad idea.” Eunbi added at what she said earlier. She looked at the three and they’re all following Yujin who keeps getting in and out of her room deciding on what to wear.

 

“How about this?” Yujin asked when she tried on another clothes. “This doesn’t look like another scary outfit right?” She added and looked at her friends for approval.

 

“It’s good.” Sakura answered.

 

“I think you should just wear casual clothes, Yujin-ah.” Chaeyeon suggested.

 

“So pretty Yujin-ah.” Yena butted in but her attention was on her phone. 

 

“You look good in everything you wear~” Eunbi complimented in which Yujin smiled and went back to her room to change once again. She wants to have her unnies agree all together in the clothes she wears, this is her first date and she wants it to be perfect.

 

“Please please someone stop her!” Eunbi whispered once Yujin disappeared in front of them. “This will just hurt her again..” 

 

“Then tell her yourself unnie..” Chaeyeon said.

 

Eunbi let out a sigh and pouts, she fully rest her back on the sofa. “I can’t.. She looks so happy and excited.” She answered. “I don’t have the heart to take that away.”

 

“Right.. She does look happy.” Sakura agreed and followed Eunbi lazing on the sofa. “This date makes her happy.”

 

Chayeon followed and sighed too, “But we don’t even know if Minjoo will show up.” She drops the biggest problem at the moment.

 

-

 

“Please go on a date with me.” Ahn Yujin asked.

 

Nervously, she waited for Minjoo’s answer. She keeps fidgeting with her fingers and she can almost hear her heart beating. But amidst all of this nervousness, she managed to pull out a smile.

 

Being rejected and got shooed twice took a toll on her and coping up with that rejection is really hard but here she is still. Facing the girl who caused all the hurt.. And the same girl who made her smile again when she was in New York, when she’s having the worsts years of her life. 

 

She then saw Minjoo who’s staring at her. 

 

To see this girl in person, standing right in front of her and how she’s talking to her makes Yujin heart flutter all over again.

 

Yujin gulped, “There’s this restaurant, they have a really nice beef..” She said. “And a cup of really amazing coffee..” She added.

 

Minjoo remained staring at her.

 

Yujin held the back of her neck and rubs it. “And it would be nice if I go there with you..” She said. 

 

Not knowing where all this courage of asking the girl who rejected her coming from. All she wants and all she knows is that giving up on this right now will be her greatest regret for the rest of her life. Not trying harder and not doing everything she can will be her mistake.

 

“Miss..” Minjoo’s driver called, making Minjoo break the stare with Yujin. “The ca--”

 

“I know, just give me a moment.” Minjoo cut him off and look back at Yujin once again but didn’t say a word. 

 

Yujin can’t read what’s going on inside the other girl’s mind. Minjoo did this thing when they first met too, being quiet and thinking. It was scary for Yujin because the first time Minjoo’s been being friendly to her but then all of a sudden she’s shooing her away.

 

It’s always scary not knowing what’s going on inside other people’s mind..

 

The longer this silence go on made Yujin anxious, she avoided Minjoo’s gaze and look down on her hands.. Already preparing for the worst answer when..

 

“The one in Gangnam?” Minjoo asked in a monotonous voice.

 

Yujin lift her head to see Minjoo, confused but relieve at the same time. “Hmm?” She asked.

 

Minjoo held her chin, “That’s the only restaurant I can think of that has excellent beef and amazing coffee.. Is it?” She asked once again.

 

“Y-yes..” Yujin shortly answered.

 

Minjoo is not wearing a smile, the expression in her face is unreadable. It’s driving Yujin insane. ‘Will she agree?’ ‘Does she hate the restaurant?’ ‘Is beef and coffee not the right invitation?’ ‘Will she come? She will right?’ This thoughts fills the younger’s mind.

 

Then finally she heard Minjoo’s deep sigh.. 

 

“I’ll be waiting..” Yujin muttered.

 

“Miss, your mom called and she said the intervie--” The driver was once again cut off when Minjoo started walking towards the car, not giving any answer to the driver and even to Yujin. The driver opened the door for her and before Minjoo gets in Yujin once again talked and made her stop.

 

“7!” She shouts. “I’ll be waiting at that restaurant..” She added.

 

Minjoo waited for a couple of seconds, waiting if Yujin has anymore to say, but when there was none she already boards the car.

 

“You’ll come right??” She heard Yujin said and all she could do was sigh.

 

--

 

“How about this one?” She asked holding some denim jackets in hopes it will bury the dark leather jackets she wore before. “No?” She asked when she heard nothing from her unnies.

 

“You look cute in denim Yujinie~” Eunbi let out an automatic response.

 

“Yeah..” Sakura followed.

 

“Casual Yujinie~ It’s just a dinner.” Chaeyeon repeated the things she’s been saying earlier. 

 

She doesn’t like seeing Yujin putting so much effort for a dinner date in which she’s not even sure if her date is coming, so a casual clothes can make her less like a fool who’s date didn’t show up.

 

Yujin pressed her lips together, “Yena unnie?” She asked the girl who’s been busy with her phone. 

 

“Huh? Yeah yeah that looks great Yujin-ah.” She answered after she glanced at what Yujin is holding for two seconds.

 

Yujin sighed.

 

The lack of enthusiast, lack of support and the barely five percent of attention she’s getting from her unnies made Yujin’s spirit down.

 

“I knew it.” She whispered. “Fixing and choosing my clothes won’t change her mind about me.” She said.

 

The other girls just kept quiet.. Sympathizing with the youngest, there’s nothing they can say about it now for they also thinks what she’s doing, impressing and pursuing a girl who didn’t give her any interest, is pretty useless at this point. 

 

“Should I just change my name?” Yujin thought to herself but it was heard by her unnies and hearing that made them surprised.

 

Eunbi stood up, “Eyy~ It’s just a crush Yujin-ah. You can find someone better, someone who can love everything about you, someone who won’t change even a tiny bit of you!” She said hastily, trying to stop Yujin from thinking about changing her name.

 

Sakura who is still slouching on the couch, “Right, besides.. she’s not that pretty too.” She added, she finds the daughter of the governor pretty but she’s trying to convince Yujin to stop liking her so.. contradicting with herself.

 

“She kinda reminds me of a frog too.” Yena stopped fidgeting with her phone and look up the ceiling and then said that thought.

 

“Well, frog is cute..” Yujin answered.

 

“She’s not that tall.” Chaeyeon joined.

 

“She’s perfect for my height.” Yujin retorted.

 

Chaeyeon and Yena looked at Eunbi, telling her it’s her turn now. “Uhm.. She doesn’t look smart.” She said.

 

Yujin turned to Eunbi who is just beside her. “She’s a running candidate for a top student in her school.” She answered.

 

“How did you even know that?!” The three older girls asked at the same time, not believing how Yujin has something to say and countering their attack.

 

Yujin sighed and went to the sofa next to Sakura. “She’s famous. She has her bio on the internet, she has a small fan base on SNS because she’s pretty known for being the beautiful daughter of the governor and also for being rich.” She said.

 

“So you do like her because she’s rich? Yah! You don’t need money! You’re damn rich too!” Yena scolded and Yujin just shakes her head.

 

“No, it’s not the money. Unnies, it’s real love.” 

 

That made the other girls once again frozen because of the words coming out from the youngest person in the group. And before they could gather their selves Yujin stood up.

 

“Chaeyeon unnie is right, I’ll just wear my favourite blue hoodie.” She said while leaving the room with her unnies still dumbfounded..

 

A minute of silence passed..

 

“Did I hear that right?” Eunbi asked. “Did ‘REAL LOVE’ just come out from her lips?! Someone tell me I’m just hearing things.” She said.

 

“Omona.. She’s crazy.” Yena said. “Our Yujin gone crazy!” She panicked, together with Eunbi.

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon held their foreheads in distress. “Only if she knew how love could be so complicated and hard..” Chaeyeon whispered.

 

“IKR.” Sakura agreed.

 

Eunbi and Yena started pacing back and forth in the living room. “We can’t just let her walk around saying that like she really know what real love is..” The oldest said. “Someone should tell her what love is.” She added as she gave her friends a hopeful look.

 

“Okay I’ll do it!” Yena volunteered.

 

Eunbi’s forehead creased, “Uhmm. NO.” She forbids.

 

“What why?!”

 

“You fall for people who you think have a great connection with you so easily!” The older answered. “Remember when you met this girl at th--”

 

“HEP!” Yena shouts to stop the older from spilling some ugly past. “I get what you’re saying so shh!” She said and went back to replying chats again in her phone. "Just shh!"

 

“Good.” Eunbi said, relieved that she doesn’t need to waste any energy in storytelling. “I guess I’ll do it then.” She said.

 

Yena scoffed. “Yeah..” She said sarcastically.

 

“Excuse me?” Eunbi pardoned.

 

“Unnie you talk like you’re any better than me when it comes to relationships. Psh.” The silver haired girl said.

 

Eunbi couldn’t grasp the meaning behind what Yena said so she’s staring at the latter to give some further explanation but Yena is busy once again with her phone.

 

Sakura couldn’t take it so, “Unnie you have failed a dozen relationship like Yena because you scare your partner away.” She drops.

 

“Wha—I—No—I don-- Nev—“ Eunbi is trying to defend herself but stuttered because her past relationships just flash right in front of her and Sakura was, “Right, you’re right.” She agreed. “So who’s gonna tell her??” She went back to the main proble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter