Three

Pursuit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yujin-ah?" Yena called after knocking on Yujin's door. "Yah~ C'mon you have to eat something, Eunbi unnie will kill me if you continue locking yourself inside your room." She added and waited for a response but she got nothing.

 

It's been a day after her second encounter with Minjoo and this time Yujin is really hurt, she didn't even left her room ever since they came back.

 

"Gosh, you really want to see me being scolded by Eunbi unnie huh?" Yena trying everything just to have a talk with Yujin but it's useless. "Yujinie.. please open the door." Her last hopeful call.

 

Yena already called the rest of their friends and they are on their way, and she's really scared at Eunbi. The older made her be in charge of Yujin since the youngest is staying with her but she's doing bad at it..

 

While in the middle of coming up of an excuse, Yena heard the main door opened and next her friends entering. Upon seeing Eunbi, she kneeled and even raised both of her arms, showing her sorry state and repenting.

 

"I'm sorry unnie, i know you gave me the responsibility of taking care of Yujin. But.. i failed. I haven't crossed out yesterday's dinner and today's breakfast and lunch on the to do list you gave me because she's locking herself inside her room.. I'm really sor--"

 

"Stand up, where is your spare keys?" Eunbi asked, ignoring Yena for being dramatic again. 

 

"Spare keys??" The silver haired girl ask, clueless at first at why would Eunbi look for it but then she realized.. "Ah!" And went to her drawers and get it. "Here unnie.." She said as she gave it.

 

Yena scratched her head as Eunbi took the keys, embarrassed that she didn't thought of using it to open Yujin's room. Sakura and Chaeyeon are quietly watching, not in their normal mood, Yujin being so down is worrying everybody so it's understandable if they're not in their cheerful state.

 

Eunbi finally opened the room and they found their maknae sitting on the floor, next to the ceiling to floor window, sadly staring outside the city. 

 

"I bought tteokbokki." Eunbi approached.

 

"And I brought Chaeyeon's hands.." Sakura followed which made everyone, except for Yujin, to look back at her. Even Chaeyeon was confused at her statement. "What? She can cook everything, anything Yujin likes." She said in defense and finally brought realization to others. "She's the only one among us who doesn't burn the kitchen.." She added nonchalantly in a lower tone. “And she’s really good.. ehem..”

 

Yena nudge Chaeyeon on the side and whispered. "Your girlfriend really has her own way of bragging you to others but at the same time doesn’t forget being tsundere." Which made Chaeyeon laugh a little.

 

"Yeah, that's Sakura." She responded and soon look at Yujin. "Yujin-ah what do you want? I'll cook." She offered.

 

"Yes! Tell her, you know how she doesn't like cooking for us right? Now it's your chance while she's being generous Yujin-ah." Yena said in an exciting manner hoping it would cheer the youngest a little. "How about malatang?? You like that right??" 

 

"Oh so everyone will just forget i bought tteokbokki huh?" Eunbi said on the side, a little sulky. "I bought it thinking it's Yujinie's favorite."

 

"No, ever since she came back, Yujin kept ordering malatang a lot. I think her palate changed since she lived in New York for years." Yena argued.

 

Sakura's eyebrow creased because of what Yena said. "I don't understand the sense of that statement ducky, malatang is still a korean dish so what does New York have to do with Yujin's palate changing?" She said, actually smiling inside for checking her daily list of teasing Yena.

 

"Oh please guys, Yujin loves everything i cook." Chaeyeon said to stop tom and jerry but it sparks some jealousy from Eunbi.

 

"No Yujinie loves every food i bought she--"

 

"Our daengdaengie.."

 

"---Yujin."

 

"Jinie--"

 

"Ji---"

 

"If i hear another mention of my name then i will leave." The argument from the unnies stopped when Yujin finally talked. She stood up and faced the four. "Stop saying my name." 

 

"What? Why?" Eunbi asked.

 

Yujin didn't answered so Eunbi looked at Yena, trying to get an answer from her but Yena also shrugged since Yujin didn't tell her anything about the talk she had with Minjoo yesterday.

 

"Yujin." Sakura called, ignoring what the youngest mentioned earlier. "Yujin yujin yujin yujinie jinie~" She teased and it made the said girl frown even more.

 

"Seriously?" Chaeyeon said to Sakura, not believing how this tsundere can be childish in not so appropriate situation. "Stop bei--"

 

"Yuziniee yujiiin jinniiie-yaaa~ daeng~"

 

Everyone looked at Yena, excited at joining the teasing party but eventually stopped when she felt all eyes are on her and with Sakura snickering on the side.

 

"Stop please.." Ahn Yujin said, this time not annoyed but begging. She sat down once again and heave out a heavy sigh. "I never hated my name ever since i was born, except now." She whispered.

 

Eunbi sat on the floor, next to Yujin, and the other girls followed making a little circle. "You have a lovely name Yujin-ah why would you hate it?" The oldest asked in a careful manner. 

 

A rule they must obey when it comes to Yujin, in actions or in words, everyone must be careful around her when she’s feeling blue.

 

Yujin just hugged her knees and hides her face on it..

 

"She hates my name.." 

 

"Huh?" Sakura reacted for she didn't heard it clear. "What did she say?" She asked the others but they’re on the same page for Yujin only whispered.

 

"I said she shooed me away because she hates my name." So Yujin repeated. 

 

And made the unnies, of course enraged, and oh god who knows what they'll do because of this information.

 

--

 

 

"Seriously, where are you?" Minjoo asked, talking with Yuri over the phone. She's walking out of campus now and today she can go home early. "You promised you'll keep accompanying me home." She said.

 

Her friend did promise that after what happened to Minjoo, encountering that stranger with the Jin in her name.

 

"I have something to do, I'm sorry." Yuri said. "And you don't have to worry it still early and there's a lot of student going home too, I'm sure you'll be fine."

 

Minjoo sighed, she looked around and there's indeed a lot of student. But that's not what she's worrying about..

 

"It's just that.." She said and can't even go on with her sentence.

 

Without seeing Minjoo in person Yuri already know what's going on inside her friend's mind. "Guilty." She finished Minjoo's sentence.

 

"Yeah.. And what if i see her again.." 

 

Yuri also sighed. "Well, that's expected.. You accused her of doing it again last time." She said.

 

"I really thought she did it again.." Minjoo wanted to scream to defend herself but she maintained being calm for a lot of eyes are looking at her at the moment. "How would i even know that my driver was late because of the heavy traffic and the guard was missing because he's patrolling around the campus at that time.." She added.

 

She honestly thought the girl with the jin on her name busted her car's tires again and drugged the guard too.. 

 

"Well, you thought wrong.." Yuri said and she heard Minjoo sighed. "Listen, i really can't chat right now but don't you think it's for the better? Remember what you said last time? The 'No jins no heartbreak'.. Be firm about that decision Minjoo-ya so don't let guiltiness invade you." 

 

"You're right." Minjoo agreed.

 

"Okay then, I'm sorry i have to go. I'll chat with you later." Yuri hastily said and Minjoo felt the rush so she bid goodbye too.

 

"Eung.." 

 

On the other hand, "Okay, go home safe." Yuri who is in a cafe bid goodbye and ended the call with Minjoo. 

 

She then looked at the person sitting across her. "Now, what do you want to talk about that you even called me here?" Yuri asked. "Lost girl.." She called, for the latter is busy slurping her milkshake.

 

Yena, who's acting like she's not interested but actually listening closely to the call earlier looked up and faced Yuri.

 

"No jins no heartbreak huh? I guess that must be the reason our Yujin is sad right now." She said. "It's Yena by the way, please don't call me lost girl. I was never even lost ever since i was a kid." She said, introducing her name.

 

"Okay then, Ms. Switzerland." Yuri smirked.

 

"I said Yena. Choi Yena." 

 

"Nah, i prefer the Switzerland or the lost girl." Yuri said, already dismissing the argument about how she would address the other girl. "So how's your friend?" She asked.

 

"Yujinie?" 

 

"You called me here to talk about that right?" Yuri said, she got a call this afternoon and surprisingly it was from this girl. 

 

How they even have each other’s number you asked? It's because despite of meeting for the first time, they are fond of each other. So, Yena tried to ask for Yuri's number for she finds her cute and Yuri gave it because she thinks Yena's fun.

 

That easy and supposedly what a normal first encounter should be..

 

"The no Jins no heartbreak you mentioned earlier, don't you think it's a little absurd to judge someone by their nam---" She’s not even done yet with what she’s saying but she got interrupted by Yuri.

 

"You're right, it is absurd but my friend is serious about it. That way she can avoid getting hurt anymore." 

 

"Owkay..." Yena uncomfortably said, a bit overwhelmed at how Yuri said it without blinking and how firm her voice is  just shows how supportive of a friend she is to Minjoo. "I mean, it's unfair for Yujin. She really likes your friend and of course she wouldn't hurt her, i know this because she's my friend." Yena still added, trying to fit the role as Yujin’s friend too.

 

“Yujin is the sweetest and kindest person there is. Purest even. Smartest too. A genius I must say..” Yena’s voice kept getting smaller as she racks her brain for more compliments she has for Yujin. “But that’s not the point. Because of her name, she can’t even show off those charms.”

 

Yuri sighed, aware about that part and she can see how it’s unfair for the other side but..

 

"It's just that.. she had a lot of history with jin people. Hyejin Soojin Sungjin Jinwoo Heejin Jinyoung and so on.. those people only approach her to gain something, may it be money or recognition." Afra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter