One

Pursuit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri's phone won't stop ringing because of the non-stop notifications, making her to stop on practicing just to check who on earth is distracting her. But before she could reach for her phone, the club room's door opened and revealing her friend, Kim Minjoo.

 

"What are you doi--" Yuri failed to continue her statement when she noticed her friend's creased eyebrows and frowning lips. She checked her other club members whose attentions are now glued to the girl who just entered.

 

"Can you believe what just hap-- Arghavcakdsv" 

 

Yuri runs towards her friend as fast as she could and then covers Minjoo's mouth before she starts her rants, she then proceeded on dragging her out of the room. Yuri had a hard time because her friend is taller than her and Minjoo resisting made it even more like they're having a wrestling match.

 

"What the hell Yuri?!" Minjoo exclaimed as soon as her friend let go of her.

 

"Thank me later, i just saved you from embarrassing yourself in front of my members. For goodness sake Minjoo, your mom is a public figure. You should know better that making a fool of yourself will harm her career." The red haired girl said and then wiped her palms on her shirt because Minjoo literally bit her. She saw how the taller girl just rolled her eyes. 

 

Minjoo is one of the daughter of the governor after all and she indeed need to maintain a nice image. 

 

"So what's wrong? Did something happened? What upsets you this time?" Yuri asked, ignoring Minjoo's displeased expression.

 

"What makes you think i'm upset?" Minjoo said while fixing her disheveled hair and clothes. 

 

"Those angry brows, heavy breaths and frowning lips. And I'm pretty sure you're the one who's blowing up my phone." Her friend answered and pointing at Minjoo's eyes, nose and lips while scanning her expression.

 

"Ah yes, which reminds me.. Why the hell aren't you answering your dmn phone?!" 

 

"I was busy. The singing competition is already near and our club is really putting a lot of effort in it." Yuri calmly explained despite Minjoo's furious tone. "Now what? I need to go back and practice."

 

"So you won't need a ride today? My driver is already coming i thought of dropping you home on the way." Minjoo asked being concerned by her friend. 

 

Speaking of her driver, she checked her phone since she still didn't received an update about it's whereabouts. It's already 10 PM and it's pretty late, Minjoo also just finished finalizing some documents as she is part of the campus student committee. 

 

"No I'm good. I'll just take the bus today." Yuri said and smiled, actually feeling grateful for having a friend like Minjoo who worries about simple things about her life. "Sooo?" She asked again, trying to get Minjoo's attention who's busy messaging her driver, the latter looked at her and then put her phone aside.

 

"Remember Soojin?" Minjoo asked and now the creased eyebrows and frowning lips made its appearance again. 

 

"The girl who's not answering your phone calls and messages for weeks?" Yuri recalls.

 

"Yes. Her." Minjoo let out a deep breath. "Good news, she finally answered. Bad news, she answered just to say goodbye." She added, sharing another heartbreak story to her friend. Minjoo sighed feeling sad, expecting her friend to comfort her and pat her at the head, she even bend her knees so Yuri can reach her head easily.

 

But instead, she heard her friend laughing..

 

Confused, Minjoo stood back straight and watched how Yuri can't help but hold her tummy because of laughing too much. It took her a long minute before she can calm herself down. 

 

On the other hand, Yuri already predicted that this will happen the moment Minjoo told her about seeing this girl. 

 

Yes, at this point, Minjoo probably have everything that every girls want; a wealthy  family, a pretty face, likable attitude, a little bit of fame, everyone's role model, the brain and an overflowing talent but a perfect love life is nowhere to be seen in those long list of merits. 

 

Proving that humans can't achieve perfection after all..

 

"Oh my dear hopeless romantic friend.. I know you expected this to happen too so you probably won't take this break up seriously. I mean it's already funny how it keeps happening." Yuri manages to say in between her laughs. 

 

Minjoo keeps meeting strangers and easily falls for them, very far from the image that others thought of her. There are even times where people were just using her after knowing her family's background, which is leading her to more heartbreaks. But despite having this kind of sad encounters, Minjoo did have a proper love but it still ended as a sad one..

 

Yuri noticed that her laughter is the only thing she can hear right now in this empty hallway so she looked at her friend who is currently pouting. "Wait, are you seriously sad about it?" She asked.

 

"I am hurt Yuri-yah!" Minjoo whines and even shouts, annoyed at her friend who she expected to give her comfort but laughed at her instead. "I am hurting!" She added.

 

"No. You only feel and actually know the word hurt when it comes to Hyunjin oppa." Yuri nonchalantly said not thinking how these words would deeply scar the other. And it was too late when she realizes that since she just already stabbed Minjoo's heart.

 

Yuri carefully looked at Minjoo, she's even trying to say sorry with her apologetic eyes.

 

"That's a foul y'know." Minjoo whispered and busily plays with her fingers. 

 

"Sorry.." Yuri properly apologized since Minjoo is not giving her a glance and can't see her pleading eyes. She then sighed and decided to give her friend what she wanted, a comfort. "You'll get through this. Hmm consider it as another lesson, well at this point we can already conclude that you have indeed an ill fate with people who has 'Jin' in their names." She said and even added some little jokes to make the atmosphere better. 

 

Yuri's attempt of cheering up her friend was succesful, enough to make Minjoo playfully display a tired look and scoffed. 

 

"Ugh.. I have been so unlucky in love and now i hate men and women! And don't get me started with people having 'Jin' in their names! I will never ever associate myself to them ever again!" With those long list of failed relationship, people that has that on their names undoubtedly fills the list and making her come up with a motto she will start following. "No Jins' No heartbreak!" 

 

"No Jins' No heartbreak indeed!" Yuri also follows and exclaimed and the two started laughing together. 

 

Minjoo noticed the room where Yuri was practicing opened and a member took a peek, trying to get Yuri's attention. "You should go back now, I'm already taking too much of your time." She said and pointed at her member's direction. 

 

"Your driver is probably waiting for you outside the university gate. Take care okay? And no more falling for strangers please, no more 'It's because of those cute smile, deep dimples and pretty eyes~' Okay? I'm being serious here. No more of that, please." Yuri hurriedly said and even copy the way Minjoo talks when she's describing the reasons she fell in love.

 

Minjoo laughed at the sudden impersonation and soon pushed Yuri to go back now after seeing that she's needed. They bid goodbye and then went on their own ways. 

 

Minjoo started calling her driver while walking towards their school gate, she's afraid that her ride must have forgotten to pick her up or left already since she finished up late doing some task. After a couple of missed calls, she finally reached outside and decided to wait on the roadside. 

 

"Why is ahjussi not picking up my calls?" She mumbled to herself and started feeling nervous. All her life she's used to being picked up by their driver all the time, making her ignorant about public transport. She doesn't even experienced commuting even once! "Should i call mom?" She contemplated. 

 

'But she's busy.. I don't want to disturb her.' She thought and immediately erased that choice. Minjoo sighed and then looked around, it's already dark and there's only a few people around. Scared but she's thanking the heavens for having a security at the guard house near their gate, for now she kinda feels safe.. 

 

She went back on calling her driver and as the time passes, her anxiety grew. 'What if i have to take a bus? And i got lost. I'm even bad at directions. What if someone kidnaps me? Sell my organs because they can't reach mom for ransom because she's busy and they ended up selling my kidneys?! Oh my gahdnis! What if so--' 

 

"Hey."

 

Minjoo's train of what ifs' thoughts stopped when someone spoke, she looks beside her and saw a tall girl standing right next to her. Too close to her that she had to step to her right side to keep enough distance.

 

She looks at the girl from head to toe; a brown mid length hair, wearing a playful expression, a black leather jacket, typical ripped jeans and a converse shoes. A strong image, perhaps a bully or a problematic gangster as Minjoo presumed.

 

Minjoo chose not to associate herself to people that looks trouble. She do loves talking to strangers but she also has filters, she knows best not to drag herself into the fire. She remained keeping her usual image, the image that everyone knows; quiet, careful and modest. The exact representation of a governor's daughter. And she can almost hear her friend Yuri laughing at her by displaying this facade.

 

"Notice me." The girl beside her continued asking for her attention but she remained looking in front of the street. "Kim Minjoo-nim?.. Minjoo-ssi?.. Hmmm Minjoo?.. Minn?.. Minmin?.. Joo?" The taller girl started calling her playfully from being formal to being casual.

 

Minjoo wasn't surprised at all why a stranger knows her name, she just assumed that this person needs something from her or from her family again, it always happens, to the point she considered this kind of situation a normal thing. So she's just patiently tolerating the disrespect. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter