Worries

You’re The Best

It was a fine Friday evening when Moonbyul is on her way home after finishing the Studio Moon Night broadcast. She is checking her phone for any messages from her friends and family when she notices a message from her beloved look-alike brother. They may be don't see each other every day or talk on the phone every day, but one thing for sure is that they care for each other may be more than being a brother and sister. They kind of exchange short meaningful text every day and some kind of rest well text, so Moonbyul can easily know his condition just by reading his message and the same thing happened with him.
"Byul-ah, gwaenchana?" 
She senses something's wrong as soon as she read the message. But she tries to assure herself that everything's fine. 
"Annyeong Oppa!! I'm happy and healthy now. Today's broadcast went well and the guest is also very nice and a fun person to talk to.  Now I'm on my way home from Naver studio. It's already near my house tho 😊😁 "
Moonbyul tried to sound happy in the message so she didn't make him worried about her, also she tries to cheer up the mood. That's why she chose to talk about her work instead.
"What a relief 🥺 By the way, what'd you do after this Byul-ah? Oh and also I miss you so much."
Her heart raced as she read his message. She can't help being flustered and happy by the message despite all the worry she had for him.
"Well maybe just eat some food, watch tv, then go to bed. I miss you too Oppa, I wish we could meet even for a little while."
Her raced heartbeat getting faster and faster as she sent her greasy message to him and wait for his reply.
"Mianhae, I'm afraid we can't meet soon enough Byul-ah. I really miss you though, can I call you later? I have something to tell you." 
Omo, you always know how to make me fall even more. But why do I feel uneasy after I read your message Oppa?  Is there something wrong with you?
Moonbyul unconsciously says her thought out loud making her manager look at her with a confused and teasing look at her face because it is such a rare sight to see Moonbyul looked worried and unable to contain herself like now.

"Oppa, you know you can call me every time you want. But yes, you can call me after I got to my house and take a quick shower. By the way, you seemed off Oppa, you owe me some explanation later 😤😜"

"Thank you Byul-ah, you're the best! Just text me when you finish your shower and are ready to talk to me."

After seeing his last message, Moonbyul just can't get her mind off of him. It just really bothers her that he being a bit cold to her and seems like hiding something. And just like that, the rest of her ride home seems to be very long because she became so eager to talk to him.

`

`

"Oppa, I'll call you now okay?"
That text was the first thing she does as soon as she got out of the bathroom. And the next thing she knows was an incoming face time from Hyuk Oppa. 

"Annyeong~" Moonbyul said with the cutest voice as soon as the call connected.
"Annyeong Byuli-ah." Minhyuk answers with a smiling face and excited tone, but unfortunately, he can't hide his pale face from her.
"OMO!! Oppa, gwaenchana? You look very pale. Are you sick? Otteokee. Should I come to your house now?" Moonbyul says looking very worried about his condition.
"I'm fine, chagi. I uhh.... I'm just ... getting a positive result of the covid-19 test this evening." Minhyuk says this with a smiley face as if it was nothing for him.
"M-mwo?! What did you just say Oppa?" Her brain stopped working as she heard what he said. 
"I got covid-19, Byul-ah."
"Bu-but didn't your last test resulted in negative Oppa? H-how?" She stuttered and already looks like she's going to cry soon. 
"Ssshh don't cry chagia. I'm fine, I really am. Yes, yesterday's results were negative but I started getting some fever and cough today, so I get another test. And the results came out positive." Even though he's having some fever at the time, he tries his best to be cheerful and not make her worried nor cry. 
"Oppaa, otteoke. I wish I can come to you and hug you right now. I want to come to your house." Moonbyul just trying to not be a crying mess by now because she's so shocked to hear the news. 
"Chagi, you know you can't do that. Also, I won't let you come here, no matter how much I suffer and want your presence nor how much I missed you. I can't let you get the virus from me. Please just live happily while I'm recovering. Let me have some strength while watching you. Just promise me you'll stay healthy and live your life happily. And I promise you that I will recover quickly." Minhyuk says with a reassuring smile plastered on his pale face, trying to calm Moonbyul down even though he can't hug her no matter how much he wanted to.
"Ara... but I just can't help to wish I could be there for you."
"Aigoo, uri Byulie is such a cry baby." 
"Stop babying me oppa, I'm not a baby. I'm an adult now."
"Arasseo, arasseo" Minhyuk can't help but chuckle at how cute she looked just now "You know you can always call me every time you have spare time. I have a lot of time to answer you, you know."
"You better be answering my future calls Oppa. But please tell me when you have to rest. Don't ignore your resting time just because I call you Oppa. The most important thing now is your health." Moonbyul says after finally contain herself from crying. 
Hearing what she said, Minhyuk realized that it really is the best thing to have her as his sister slash lover. She really understands him and always knows how to cheer him up. Even just hearing and seeing her face with face-timing already make his day feel better and he can feel he already recovering and have the strength to recover completely.

 

 



Hello, this is my first story, I'm so sorry if it's not that sweet or lovey-dovey. I'll try to make more sweet stories in this series. Please leave some comments about how this chapter goes and maybe some advice for me. Thank you so much for reading this chapter. 

~with love, Pandashade~