Break Up

You’re The Best

 

"Oppa, let's break up."

Minhyuk just finished the dance routine for his solo debut when he read the message from his beloved girl. Shocks spread through his body and he just froze on the side of the practice room. His senses came back when his manager taps his shoulder saying all his schedule was done and he can go home. Just then, Minhyuk starts to run around to pack his bag and quickly go to his car. 

What did I do wrong? Why is she acting like that? What happened to her? All those questions just running around his mind and start to get wild as the nation girl crush rejected all his calls and ignoring his messages. He knew that something happened because no matter how angry she was with him, Moonbyul never ignores his calls or his messages. Feeling frustrated and confused by the situation, he decided to go home and take a quick bath. 

After a relaxing bath that refreshes his mind, he realizes the only person who would probably know what's happening and might know where's his girl would be Solar, Moonbyul's beloved eonie. But the problem is he didn't have her number, so he can't contact her. 

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Eoh, Minhyuk Hyung? What's up?"

"Changsub-ah, you're close with Solar right?"

"Solar?? Do you mean Mamamoo Solar?"

Minhyuk nods as he heard the question before realizing Changsub can't see him right now, so he just replies with a short yes.

"Well, yes I'm close with her. Why Hyung? It's unusual for you to ask this kind of question." Being in the same group for over seven years make Changsub knows his hyung really well, and it is unusual for his hyung to ask such question, especially about a girl group member. 

"Can I have her number?" 

"Mwo?! Did I hear you wrong? What are you up to Hyung? Are you trying to date her?!"

"I just-"

"Andwae Hyung, you can't date her!! I don't want her to fall for you. Especially when I just start seeing her this week!" Changsung just cuts Minhyuk and starts to speak really fast and loud.

"Mwoya??? You dated Solar?!?!" Minhyuk gets another shock hearing what Changsub said. He thought his dongsaeng was just a close friend with Mamamoo's talented leader, just like he is with Apink's Chorong.

"Eoh!!! Seriously Hyung, what are you up to?" Changsub sounds a bit frustrated thinking his hyung maybe had a crush on Solar.

"Wuaaa.... you really owe me some good food Changsub-ah. How could you not tell your Hyung about this?!" For a second Changsub's confession make him forget about his frustration. 

"Fine, I'll treat you some pork galbi on my next day off! Just tell me what're you up to Hyung??" Changsub sounds like he starts to feel frustrated at the thought of his hyung had a crush on his girl. 

"Hahaha... chill bro. I just want to ask her about Byulyi." Changsub couldn't help but notice the change of tone when Minhyuk talks about Moonbyul.

"And what about her?"

"Haahh... she suddenly wanted to break up with me. I really don't know what I do wrong. She just texted me after my dance routine and now she didn't even answer my calls or any of my messages." Minhyuk has gone into his frustration once more and he accidentally giving too much information to his dongsaeng.  

"Finally you admit that you date her." 

"Aiishh, I shouldn't have said that." Minhyuk knew for sure that his dongsaeng would be smirking right now.

"Ahahaha. Okay, for the sake of your relationship and because I'm a good dongsaeng of yours, I'll give you Solar's number right away." Changsub really enjoyed teasing his Hyung about this, because all these years Minhyuk never confesses his relationship with Moonbyul to s. He always said she's his close friend whenever s asked. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo Solar-ssi. I'm BTOB Minhyuk, sorry to disturb you." As soon as he got Solar's number, he immediately texted her with a lot of consideration because he's not that close to her before.

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim. Aniya, you're not disturbing me. Changsub already told me that you're going to contact me. What can I help you with? Is it about Byulyi?" 

Of course, she knew. Minhyuk thought as he read her reply.

"Ah nae, I going to ask you about Byulyi. Could you by any chance know what happened to her and where is she right now? Because she's not answering any of my calls and messages."

"Well, actually she forbid me to tell you so don't tell her that you hear this from me. She's at my house right now, and she's been crying since she got here a few hours ago. But I can't tell you what happened to her because she hasn't told me anything. By the way, you can come here if you want. I think Byulyi needs you here. I will send you my address after this." 

"Thank you so much, Solar-ssi. I'll be there in a few minutes." Minhyuk's heart aches so much at the thought of his girl crying. And the fact that Solar said that she's been crying for hours just makes him feel more miserable. 

 

Not so vary from her boyfriend, Moonbyul's condition was also miserable or maybe a bit worse considering she had been crying for few hours. Her eyes were all swollen, red runny nose, all her sobs kinda bother her breathing so she's basically gasping for air. She's been on the couch hugging Yongkeey whose desperately trying to get out of Moonbyul's hug.

"Byul-ah, Seulgi is here. She's here to get you home." Solar's words don't bother her much, only make Moonbyul turn over and grab Solar's star rabbit plushy. 

"Aigoo, this cry baby. Come on, you gotta get home and solve your problem! Crying all your eyes out in my apartment won't solve anything. Now go!" Solar finally drags Moonbyul out of the couch and gets her to the door. While Moonbyul being all whiney refuses to go home.

"Here she is. I'm sorry it takes a long time to get her out." With those words, Moonbyul notices that someone is waiting outside the door. And by looking at the shoes, she can tell that's not her sister but it turns out to be her boyfriend or maybe ex-boyfriend because she just broke up with him hours ago. 

 

Without any rejection from Moonbyul, Minhyuk calmly escorts her to his car and drives back to his apartment. Their ride was quite quiet, just filled with the sound Moonbyul makes as she attempts to control her tears. Which fails helplessly by her thought that Minhyuk is so mad at her, that's why he doesn't say anything and just silently drives her home. Her thoughts gone wilder and wilder as the car pulls through Minhyuk's apartment basement. Moonbyul's tears become a river again at the sight of Minhyuk getting out of the car without saying anything. But little that she knows Minhyuk gets off the car and goes to the passenger side, opens the door for her, taking off her seatbelt, her head, steals a kiss on her head.

"Go up first Byulyi-ah, I have to get something from my practice room. Don't go anywhere, wait for me inside okay? Love you." Minhyuk says erase her tears and gives her a peck on the lips. 

 

It's been an hour since Moonbyul waits inside Minhyuk's apartment, Minhyuk hasn't come back yet. And that makes Moonbyul even more furious. Is he mad at me? Where did he go? Did he really give up on me? Oppa, where are you? It really takes her around 40 minutes to calm down with the help from Hamo in her embrace.

 

Minhyuk came home half an hour later and he's being welcomed by the sight of Moonbyul sleeping on the couch beside Hamo and with dry tears all over her cheeks. He doesn't have the heart to wake he up, so he carries her to his bedroom, lays her down on his bed before he goes to wash himself up, and joins her on his bed hugging her. 

She's so small. Does she even eat dinner tonight? I need to make sure she's eating breakfast tomorrow. Aigoo, what should I do to you Byulyi-ah?

 

Moonbyul wakes up the next morning with her eyes all puffy in Minhyuk's warm embrace. She's just starting to cry at the thought of what happened yesterday when she feels a peck on the lips.  

"How do you feel, hmm?" Minhyuk asks her while fixing her beautiful brown hair. 

"Oppa, did you see my message yesterday?" 

"Hhhhh, let's have breakfast and wash up first okay? We'll talk about it after that. I'll make some breakfast, come out when you finish washing up, arasseo?

His words were supposed to be calming, but they make Moonbyul tearing up all over again. 

"Hey, hey, shhh. Don't cry, Chagiya. I'm not mad at you, don't cry."

 In the end, it took about half an hour for them to get out of bed and calm Moonbyul down with a lot of hugs.

 

"Sooo tell me, babe. What exactly is happening yesterday?" Minhyuk starts off the conversation with a reassuring smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Oppa, I wasn't thinking straight that time. I was so afraid after I read the news about Hyuna sunbaenim." Moonbyul says while looking down, obviously avoiding Minhyuk's eyes.

"Eoh?? What news?"

"Hyuna and Dawn sunbaenim were kicked out from Cube Entertainment without their acknowledge after announcing their relationship. I'm afraid that they'll do that to you too when they found out about us Oppa."

"Well, actually Cube already knows about us," Minhyuk says, earning a horror look from Moonbyul. "but I'm sure they won't do anything as long as we can keep it secret from our fans and we still being professional with our job."

Moonbyul moves to Minhyuk's side to hug him. "I'm sorry Oppa."

"Don't do that again Byulyi-ah. You really made me crazy yesterday." Minhyuk says pulling Moonbyul closer to him.

"I love you Oppa."

"I love you too Moon Byulyi. So I think we're fine now, hmm?" Minhyuk smiles brightly at his beloved girlfriend before lean closer to kiss her passionately.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

Hello guys, how have you been? This is my second story. How do you guys think? Please tell me what you think about this chapter. Thank you so much.