Chapter 7: The Immovable being

𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐃
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

That moment when you realize it's Friday. Oh, praise the almighty Gods! Now, Mondays and her sisters (Tuesday and Thursday) can begone. Do you know what's good about Friday? The exam is done, and you know what that means? Everything you studied about the exam will vanish into obliviousness. I'm a free person now. Let us rejoice my comrades! 

 

   Moving on, do you know the second good thing about Friday? A good ol' date with my favorite person, Minjeong, of course, what else could it be? Oh, how thrilled I am right now. I'm not pretty ignorant in the datingdepartment. So, no need to worry. I've shared quite a handful of dates with people before. They were, I might say, somewhat... okay?

 

  If we're talking about dates, well we have the good dates and... the bad ones. On dates, you will encounter different types of people. Sometimes they're decent, normal, odd, but most of all over the top. Let me share a couple of my experiences with them...

 

 We have those shy ones, "I'm sorry I'm not that good-looking in person." But turned out to be overconfident, "But I wonder what our children would look like?" 

I just answered, "Just keep on wondering, hope it takes you nowhere."

 

 The religious dudes, "I'm Will. God's Will." Sometimes they go extreme like, "You better not get in the way of me loving God if we're gonna do this."

And then I was all like, "I don't think it's God's will for me to date you."

 

   Then you'll meet the weird ones, "Are you interested in joining a cult?"

"..."

 

   Now, where does Minjeong fall from this category? None of them to be exact, fortunately. You see, Minjeong's definition of a date is very unique. To other people, they go to movies, parks, or somewhere romantic. But not Minjeong. She prefers to go... camping. Now, that takes me back to my first camping experience together with her.

 

  Nature is not family-friendly, especially if you're traveling with two oblivious parents, a dimwit, and an immovable subject. I remember the time my family went to Australia to camp and Minjeong was with us. We went to a small local grocery shop to pick up some stuff. It was in the middle of the road and was surrounded by forest. Not far from us, was a sign that says...

 

EXTREME FIRE HAZARD. Don't even fart in the forest.

 

   For real, I'm not bluffing. I've never expected a situation where farts can cause a major disaster. So, my good-for-nothing brother, just like the stupid person he is, didn't listen and farted all over the place. I was expecting a burning arse from him, and it didn't disappoint me. Soon, a fire grew and cause complete mayhem, and it was because of my brother's fart. You know what, I'm even ashamed to call him my brother, he's such a complete disgrace to the human race. Imagine the living things that were annihilated because of his fart. May nature forgive his soul.

 

  My parents didn't know that. I was debating to myself if I should tell them or not, but they'll probably won't believe me if I told them that the cause of the disaster was Heechul's fart. They're too oblivious about everything.

 

   Now, there's Minjeong. I define her as an immovable being because she doesn't falter even if someone is dying in front of her. Now, that took me back to the time where Minjeong and I got kidnapped when we were still kids. We were so young at that time and I can still remember it because it was quite traumatizing. But, Minjeong. Do you know what she did? Take a guess, when I was on the verge of crying, Minjeong just started singing a Gospel song. Which to my horror intensified my fear. I thought that the kidnappers will kill us, and just dump our bodies somewhere, but no... 

 

Something unexpected happened. 

 

  They let us live and they also drop us at our houses. I look at Minjeong in awe. She literally annoyed the heck out of the kidnappers by singing Gospel songs throughout the whole day. We went to our designated homes like the kidnapping never happened. I didn't tell my family about it, simply because I don't know how to explain it either, which then made me brushed it off and buried it in the deepest part of my brain.

 

"Remind me again why we're camping in your backyard?" I ask Minjeong while she was in the middle of lighting a fire.

 

"There's a meteor shower tonight and I want to see it," She simply says, "Jimin we don't have enough twigs can you get some in the storage room?" She gestures nicely which made me smile and nod. 

 

  I don't know why... but Minjeong seems to be getting softer and softer day by day and I'm loving it bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter