Chapter 1: Minjeong the go-getter

๐๐Ž๐‹๐€๐‘๐Ž๐ˆ๐ƒ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

ย 

Kim Minjeong. She's mysterious and a little weird... we've been best friends since we're in diapers. Our mothers were friends and neighbors and since then we've been stuck with each other.

ย 

ย  ย If I would describe Minjeong in one word it would be... aย go-getter. What did I mean by that? I recall the time she scolded one of our teachers because she was late in class because of an accident. Instead of letting the teacher explain she cut her off by sayingใ…ก"Teacher is it necessary for us to hear the whole story? If you did something wrong is it much better to apologize first?"

"As long as you learned something from that, then that's what matters. Let us move on."ย That earned applause from our classmates. Some admire her for talking back,ย some said that she's smart, and some just applaud just because she looked cool. I almost blurt out that they shouldn't encourage such a blunt attitude.

ย 

ย  ย This is nothing compared to what she was like when we were young. When we were in kindergarten, I dropped a piece of meatball on the ground. Instead of comforting me, she ridiculed me just because I dropped the meatball with a fork, and continued sayingใ…ก"Are you going to be this foolish after you become an adult and enter society?"ย She told me to hush because I was beginning to cry. She literally told a 4-year-old kid to up to society! I was traumatized after that I never dropped a single food in my entire life just to please her.

ย 

ย  ย  When we were in elementary school. I asked Minjeong to go to the restroom with me since I was scared. There were a lot of rumors saying that the restrooms in our school were hunted, but she utteredใ…ก"What's the purpose of going to the restroom together? Isย it just an attempt to cultivate a sense of social community while taking care of a basic human need?"ย The 6-year-old me dramatically ran away from her out of embarrassment, sayingใ…ก"Minjeongie you meanie!"ย I never went to the restroom with Minjeong. After that, I forced myself to be brave and went on my business alone. I want to show her that I don't need her to accompany me to pee.

ย 

ย  In middle school, I was hanging out in Minjeong's house, she was doing our summer homework while I was lying on her bed reading a funny manga. I told her to stop doing those assignments since it's the summer vacation and we should go to the beach,ย but then she just said, out of nowhereใ…ก"How does if feel to waste your life simply breathing every day? Why don't you make a plan for the future and start living a life with purpose?" I literally stormed out of the room and shoutedใ…ก"Minjeongie you meanie!"ย After that encounter,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter