[END] Epilogue: I like my relationships like I like my microwavable mac and cheese

𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐃
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I like my relationships like I like my microwavable mac and cheese, probably not healthy for me, but way too practical to quit, and — very hot, but with some frozen pieces... still... in the middle... there.

Well, the only sad truth is — I'm not in a relationship with anyone — yet, nor someone like me eats mac and cheese. I don't know how I made that statement, to be honest with you. It sounds more like a liability.

Speaking of liability. Well, the only walking liability in my life is Jeon freaking Somi. The absolute Monday of my life. The freaking thorn to my rose. That sounds more like a poem of contradiction, but believe me when I said I was being sarcastic.

Before we get lost through an endless chasm of thoughts. Give me a moment. Why am I saying this again?

Right, Jeon Somi. The one and only hindrance for me and Minjeong to be together. The absolute bane of my existence. The outright definition of a nuisance. The — alright I’ll stop.

 

“Who are you calling a nuisance?”

 

Right. I remember my current predicament.

 

When Somi found out that I gave Minjeong some bento lunches yesterday. She became frantic and angrily confronted me.

Seems like I said the word nuisance out loud, unconsciously. I ALWAYS mean what I say... I just don't always mean to say it out loud, y’know.

 

“You.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I said you’re the nuisance.”

 

“Somi. It’s freaking 8:30 in the morning and class is almost starting. And you just barged in here without even caring how you’ll inconvenience a lot of people so that you can make a tantrum.”

 

“Oh, so you’re Ms. Perfect now?”

 

“I'm not perfect but neither are you. I don’t even understand why you’re making such a fuss.”

 

“We’re not done here.”

 

I think I do deserve a medal for making it through this week without stabbing someone with a fork. That sounds outright violent, indeed it is, and let's just leave it like that.

Class is starting but Minjeong is not yet here. This never happened before. Minjeong was never late for school.

 

“Jimin,” Ningning called softly.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Minjeong said to give this to you.” She handed me a small piece of paper. I unfold it.

 

Meet me after school in the hideout. - M

 

There was a bit of a tingling feeling after I read Minjeong’s note. I don’t know why, but it’s making me excited. I’m looking forward to what sort of thing Minjeong is up to.

 

 

*

 

Yu Jimin. Minejong has known her for as long as she can remember. Since their mothers were best friends, they got stuck with each other since childhood.

She never really paid attention to Jimin when they were young since she found her existence a bit of a handful to handle. But ignoring the latter was impossible because she always found a way to annoy her day.

Even though Jimin is such a pain in the — she's Minjeong’s pain in the .

Minjeong is not blind. The way Jimin acts these past few days, she is certain. She’s certain that the feelings are mutual between them. So she was planning to ask Jimin about that matter.

Minjeong is the kind of person who doesn’t get nervous that easily. But when it comes to her best friend Jimin, it’s a different story.

 

Is this okay? She asked herself for the umpteenth time as she tries to arrange the food and blanket for like the hundredth time now.

It’s not too much, right?

 

She planned a picnic for the both of them in their little hideout — a.k.a the Kim’s rooftop garden.

It’s nerve-wracking. Minjeong can feel her palms sweating a lot. And Minjeong did have the chance to rearrange the food and blanket once again when she heard the voice of the source of her nervousness.

 

“Minjeong?”

 

Here it goes. Minjeong breathe. She reminds herself.

 

“Why didn't you go to school — Minjeong, what's all of this?”

 

“Jimin.” She called, and slowly looked at the latter. Jimin had a confused look on her face, and she looked so cute while tilting her head sideways. 

 

“Come. I prepared this for — us.” She whispered the last word which Jimin didn’t let go unnoticed.

 

They sat on the blankets and Jimin was still comprehending everything. Minjeong prepared a picnic for the both of them and she was beyond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter