Chapter Four: The Good News

Fairytale After All

The Palace

Yuna was in the midst of having dinner with the king and queen when she saw picture that people posted on twitter. It was the picture of her sister and Lia kissing, outside of Lia’s residential home. Yuna almost choked on her rice when she saw the picture.

“Mommy! Papa! See this!”

The queen choke on her water when she saw the picture and the king could not help to hide his grin. ‘That’s my girl’ he thoughts to himself.

“Oh my…Honey you need to lecture Ryujin about showing too much PDA.” Said Naeun to Taemin.

“Why not? It’s good that she shows some PDA with Lia, she’s showing the world that Lia is hers.” Taemin laughed.

“How bold of unnie.”

***

Ryujin and Lia reached Lia’s house, they did not want to say goodbye. So Lia decided to invite the princess in for dinner. At least now that the princess had calm down, she thinks it should be fine if she invited the princess in.

“Do you want to stop by to have dinner?”

“Sure…if your parents don’t mind me.”

“Why would they mind? You are the princess.”

“Stop it with the princess thingy~ when with me, I just want you to treat me like a normal person.”

“Am I not doing it right now?” Lia teased Ryujin.

Ryujin rolls her eyes and pouted. Lia laughs at Ryujin’s reaction. She is glad that Ryujin mood seems better. She does not ask the reason why the princess was in such a bad mood earlier. She does not want to ask if the princess did not want to tell her.

The two of them exited the car and enter the house. When they enter the house, there was a chaos in the house.

“They kissed!! OMG they kissed!!”

“Aunt! They kissed!”

Lia saw her cousin is there and she is showing her parents the picture of her and the princess kissed. Lia feels like she wants smack herself on the forehead when she heard her family being chaotic over the paparazzi photo of her and the princess kisses that went viral on social media.

Lia turns to Ryujin and she looks at her apologetically. Ryujin only smiles at her and she had her arm around Lia’s shoulder. Then Ryujin clears to grab the attention of the Choi household. Everyone turn their head toward the sound and they gasp when they saw the princess is there.

“Your royal highness!!”

Jisoo and Jennie immediately curtsy to the princess while the Choi patriarchy and matriarchy bow to the princess.

“Come on guys, you don’t have to curtsy to me, I’m not here for official duty. I’m just here for dinner.” Said Ryujin.

“Dinner?” Siwon and his wife exchanges look then they turn their gaze to their daughter.

“Ugh, I invited the princess over for a dinner. I hope you don’t mind. And I’m sorry that I invited her last minute.”

“It’s okay, your mother can whip up something real quick.” Said Siwon.

“Eh? No it’s okay Mrs. Choi, you don’t have to bother to make something for me.”

“No no it’s okay. I can make something up really quick, why don’t you just wait at the living room with Lia and her cousins.” Mrs. Choi pushes the princess and her daughter into the living room while she hurriedly goes to the kitchen to make something up.

Lia apologizes to Ryujin and she explained that her family eat dinner early, they usually eat around 5pm and so she always eats outside before coming back.

“You should have told me, at least we can take away or something before we come here.”

“They usually had some leftover and I’m surprised that they didn’t have some leftover today.” Lia explains.

Jisoo gasps when Lia said leftover “How dare you want to feed the princess of this country our leftover!”

“Unnie, it’s not like our leftover is literally a leftover. Anyway, Ryujin, let me introduce to you, this is my oldest cousin, Kim Jisoo, and this is Jennie.”

“Hello, oh Jennie, I knew you, you’re the fashion designer right? Nice to meet you Jisoo.”

Jisoo and Jennie shake hand with Ryujin and Jisoo blurted out that she is never going to wash her hand again and it makes Lia embarrassed seeing her cousin react that way. The girls spend the time asking and interviewing the princess and they even reveal to the princess Lia’s embarrassing past. Ryujin enjoys being around Lia’s cousins. That is because she did not have many friends around her.

Mrs. Choi interrupt to announce that the dinner is ready and Ryujin invites the Kim sisters to join but they refuse saying that they are only stopping by to check on their aunt and they are going to go home now. Lia and Ryujin bids goodbye to the Kim sisters and after that they had their dinner together. Ryujin is surprised by Mrs. Choi’s cooking. Mrs. Choi is flattered and she teased that she needs to start teaching Lia how to cook now that Lia is going to join the royal family.

“Mom!” Lia whines.

“It’s okay Mrs. Choi, Lia doesn’t have to lift a finger if she marries me.”

Ryujin’s words made Lia chokes on her meat and made Mrs. Choi chuckled. “Aigoo…you cannot pamper Lia too much Ryujin-ah, or else she will get lazier. She is lazy already and I don’t want her to get lazier.”

“Yah, mom! I am not lazy, I’m just in power saving mode.” Lia replies.

Ryujin is amused at the warm feelings that the Choi family gives out. She wished that her parents can show her love like the Choi did to Lia. But she is content now that Yuna is slowly warming up to her and it all thanks to Lia.

The princess finishes her dinner and she offers to help clean the dishes. Mrs. Choi forbid the princess to do the chores but Ryujin insisted. Lia pushes her mother away and let her and the princess to clean up after the dinner.

Ryujin spends time with the Choi for a while before she decided to go back when she sees that the time is almost 11pm. Lia walks Ryujin to the front gate.

“Okay, I’ll pick you up at 8 am tomorrow okay?”

“Okay.”

“Bring enough clothes.”

“How many clothes is considered enough?” Lia teases Ryujin.

Ryujin glares at Lia and Lia stops giggling “Sorry.” Lia mutters.

“You should go in and rest, I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.”

“Good night. I…” Lia pauses for a while and she looks down at her feet, feeling a little shy before she continues “Good night and I love you.”

Ryujin smiles and she pats Lia on the head. Then she lifted Lia’s chin so that Lia can look into her eyes. She leans forward and place a gently kiss on Lia’s lips.

“Good night.”

Ryujin’s kisses is like an addiction to Lia, she could not get enough of it. If she has power, she wishes to have time control power so she can stop the time at that moment and kiss Ryujin for eternity.

Ryujin waits until Lia enters the house before she drives away. Her mood has improved and the thought of Irene betraying her is no longer in her mind. She was smiling all the way for Lia’s house to the palace.

When she reached the palace she saw that all the lights are off, so she knows that everyone is asleep. She was greeted by the guards when she parked her car at the garage. She handed the guard her car key and went inside. Her maid was waiting for her, asking if she is hungry and want to eat anything. Ryujin dismisses her maid for the night and told her that she already had her dinner. The maid bows and left the princess.

Ryujin heads to her office and turns on every light before she goes to her PC and login. She searches for hotels and attraction at Jeju island. When she invited Lia for vacation, she did not have any destination in her mind, but after spending times with Lia today, she is pumped for the vacation and wanted to plan it as the best as possible.

Ryujin quickly booked Jeju Hotel for 3 days 2 nights and she made reservation at a five-star restaurant in Jeju. She also looked up for any activity that they can do together. An evil grin appears on Ryujin’s face when she stumbles upon a ‘special’ park that are often visited by couples. She purchased the tickets and could not stop herself from grinning. She cannot wait to see Lia’s reaction when she brings her go there.

A soft knock on the door made Ryujin almost jumped out of her chair. She looks up and sees her father by the door.

“I made tea, you want some?”

“You made tea? At this hour?” Ryujin asks as she looks at her watch and shows it to her father.

“I just want to talk to my pride, can’t I?”

Ryujin frowns at her father. He had been acting weird lately and Ryujin is worried. She gets up from her chair but she managed to quickly turn off her PC before her father saw the embarrassing things that she searched.

“What is it?”

“I saw the photo of you and Lia kissing.”

“Oh…that…”

“So I can assume that the relationship is going strong eh?”

Ryujin pauses for a moment then she nods “You can say that.”

“If you’re feeling good about her, I do hope you can quickly propose to her.”

“…it’s too early dad. We are still too young.”

“I don’t have enough time Jinie…”

“Pffttt, you’re only in your fifties dad, you’re still young too.”

“Jinie…I’m telling you the truth, I don’t have enough time left.”

Ryujin stares at her father and there is no sign that he is joking with her and when she realized how sad her father’s eyes are. The realization hits her.

“Dad…why are you talking like this, is there something that I need to know?”

Taemin takes a deep breath “I have lung cancer and I have not much time left.”

Ryujin feels like her world fall into a pitch black hole. She never had a good relationship with her father, but she loves him. Before Taemin became the King of South Korea, he was a doting father, but when his uncle abdicated the throne, as the next line to the throne Taemin was force to take over his older brother’s responsibility to rule the country. The responsibility of running the country and the fact that he was not trained to be the king has taken toll on Taemin’s health. He was not a smoker to begins with but he started to smoke in order to cope his stress.

He knows he had put a lot of pressure to Ryujin and he knows his daughter hated him for that. He did not want Ryujin to be weak like he is. He wanted Ryujin to be ready when it comes to her time to take over his responsibility. He was the victim of his brother’s selfishness and he suffered a lot.

“Why…why didn’t you tell us earlier? Mom…does mom know?” Ryujin asks, but little did she knows that her voice trembles as she asked her father.

“Mom knows.”

“Yuna?”

Taemin smiles and he shakes his head “No one knows beside your mother and the royal secretary.”

“Why…”

“I think I still have time, but it seems like I don’t.” Taemin chuckles and he takes a deep breath before he continues “I did not tell you and your sister because I don’t want it to be a distraction and demotivation.”

“You are our father. You don’t have to hide it away from us. There is so many things that I want to do with you and there’s so much that you still haven’t teach me…” Ryujin’s tears streams down her face as she could not control it anymore.

Taemin wipes away his daughter’s tears “I know. I know…I want to spend the time I have left with my family, and I wished to see you get married before I die Ryujin.”

“Don’t say that…please.” Ryujin cried in her father’s arms like the little girl that she used to be.

“When I’m gone.”

“Don’t say that dad…please…”

“Promise me you will always look after your mother and your sister.”

Ryujin did not say anything and she nods. She then proceeds to go and hugs her father. Taemin tightly wraps his arms around his daughter tightly.

***

The queen woke up in the middle of the night and sees that her husband is not beside her so she went out to look for him. She knows about his illness so she is always worried about her husband. The maid stops the queen and told her that the king is in the princess’s office.

Naeun went to the office and she smiles at the sight of her husband and her daughter sleeping together at the couch. Naeun closes the door and leave them alone.

“Can you prepare two blankets for me? I afraid they might get cold inside.” Said the queen to her maid.

***

The Next Day

“Did you bring medication?”

“Mom I’m only going for 3 days 2 nights.”

“Well anything can happen in 3 days.” Mrs. Choi tells her daughter as she helps her to pack her bag.

“Honey, she is only going to be gone for 3 days.” Siwon tries to stop his wife to stop worrying about their daughter.

Mrs. Choi is always worried for her daughter. She is easily fall sick that is why Mrs. Choi always worried about her.

Siwon pulls Lia to the side and hands her something secretly. Lia looks down at it and she gets flustered. “Dad!”

“It is better if you have some protection.” He said and he winked at her.

Lia quickly hides the birth control pill that her father gave her. Her face is as red as tomato and Mrs. Choi got worried about her daughter when she sees how red her daughter face is.

“I’m okay mom, just suddenly feel hot.” Lia lied and she glares at her father who tried to contain his laughter.

A car beeped outside of the house caught the trio attention. Lia takes her bag and her luggage with her and she bids her parents goodbye.

Ryujin came out from the car to helps Lia with her luggage and bag. The two share a hug before Ryujin helps to carry the stuff into the car trunk. They wave goodbyes that the Choi and the driver drive them to the airport.

The couple holds hand in the car and Lia was over the moon but she noticed that the princess is rather quiet today and she is daydreaming while looking at the scenery. Lia wanted to ask her what is wrong but she does not dare. She gently squeezes the princess’s hand and the princess turns her gaze to Lia. The princess smiles at Lia and she kisses Lia on the forehead.

Lia smiles back and she rested her head on the princess shoulder. She hopes that everything will be fine.

***

Irene asked her wife to rest a home because her face is badly bruised and is still sore, but Wendy said she needs to attend to her official duty and it was only her face that is injured, her other body parts is still fine.

“But it’s Sunday! Why do you have to go to office on Sunday?” Irene whines.

“I need to settle some stuff.” Wendy explains.

Irene sighed and she asked if Wendy needs her to be by her side. Wendy rejected Irene’s offer and she asked Irene to rest at home after the traumatic experience the day before.

“If anyone needed to rest, it’s supposed to be you.”

Wendy gently smiles at her wife as her wife hands her bag to her. She kisses Irene on the cheek and bop her nose “I’m fine. I’ll be back for lunch. You just rest at home. If you want to go anywhere you can ask the driver to drive you there.”

“What do you want for lunch? I’ll cook for you.”

“Soup would be nice. I still can’t chew properly.”

Irene apologetically look at Wendy and she clasps her hands together “Sure, I’ll make some soup for you. Now drive safely, text me when you get to your office.”

“Okay…okay. I’ll see you soon.”

The couples share a kiss before Wendy leave. Irene stands by the door until her wife car is out of sight. She sighs and head back into the house. She walks into the living room to watch some TV shows before goes for grocery shopping.

On top of their TV, there hang their wedding photo that is nicely framed. Irene smiles at the photo because the look so beautiful in their wedding photo but Irene’s smile slowly fade away she sees her own face. There was no ounce of happiness in her smile. It was all fake. She calls for her maids and they came to her, she ordered them to take down the wedding photo and the maids look at each other before look at Irene.

“Are…are you sure Ma’am?” they asked.

“Yes.”

“But…it’s your wedding photo.”

“I know…but I am disgusted by how I look there, so just take it down for me.”

The maids are afraid that their master will get angry at them for taking down the wedding photo without her permission but Irene is also considered the master of the house. They know how bad temper is the wife of their master, so they obeyed her and begins to take down the photo.

***

Jeju Island

“Welcome to the Jeju Shinhwa World Marriot Resort, your royal highness.”

The couple were greeted by all of the resort’s staffs. They all line up to greet the princess and her company. The resort manager shows the couple their room and he handed the access card to the princess before leaving them alone.

Despite coming from aristocrat family herself, Lia had never stay over at a luxury hotel. Her parents always opt for smaller cozy hotel to stay in and this is the first she ever stays in a suite. Lia noticed that there is only one bed in that suite. Her heart beats like crazy, lots of dirty thoughts come into her mind.

“If you want to take a shower first you can go ahead.”

The princess voice made the girl jumped up. She almost feels like her soul left her body. She hurriedly takes the clean towel and takes her sanitary items with her and runs to the bathroom. Ryujin only looks at her weirdly as she continues to unpack her luggage.

***

Lia tries to control her heart beat and she keeps on slapping herself on the face. ‘Come on Lia! I don’t think the princess is going to do anything to you! She’s the princess!’ Lia thoughts to herself.

A knock on the door made Lia almost loses her and she dropped all of her sanitary bags.

“Lia, I’ll wait for you out here ya, just take your time to freshen up.” Said Ryujin.

“Oh…okay!”

***

After telling Lia that she will wait for Lia, Ryujin goes to the bed and lay down. She had now change to a more casual attire because they are going to explore the island together so Ryujin wears a white button down shirt, paired with a high waist black skinny fit jeans.

Minutes turn to hour and Lia has not come out from the bathroom yet. Ryujin got worried about Lia so she goes to check on her again. “Lia are you okay in there? You have been in there for an hour now.”

“I’ll be out in a minute!” Lia yells from the inside.

Ryujin sighs and she went back to the bed. Then it hits her. They are going to share the bed tonight. Lia must have been nervous. Ryujin chuckles at the thought of nervous Lia and all her worries were gone. She gets up from the bed and look around the room. She was thinking of a way to tease Lia. she takes the remote control that control the room lighting and adjusted the light to a romantic atmosphere and she blasted romantic music through the Bluetooth speaker.

***

Lia quickly dry off her body and quickly apply lotion on her body and she looks at herself in the mirror for a while before she puts on the robe. She takes a deep breath and opens the bathroom door. She was surprised to see the room lights are dimmed and soft romantic music is playing in the background.

She sees the princess laying on the bed with rose between her lips and she is in the bathrobe. Ryujin gets off the bed and she approaches Lia. Ryujin takes Lia’s hands and she lifted them up over Lia’s head as she pushes Lia against the wall.

A small yelps escaped Lia’s mouth. Ryujin shushes Lia and she leans down seductively “So…this is what you’re thinking that I am going to do to you huh?”

Ryujin’s face is too close to Lia’s face that she can feel Ryujin’s breath tickling her face. Lia gulps nervously, she does not expect Ryujin to do her like this but she does not hate it. She frowns when she sees Ryujin grins.

“You should have seen your face.” Ryujin laughs.

Lia pouts when she realized that it was false alarm. She spent much of her time cleaning and shaving and yet Ryujin was playing with her. Ryujin realized that Lia is sulking, she leans in and kisses her.

“I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to prank you like that, but please know this. I won’t do anything to you without your consent.”

“What if I give you my consent…” Lia whispers seductively.

Ryujin got turn on by Lia’s seductive whispers and she stops restraining herself from devouring Lia. Ryujin pushes Lia against the wall and she kisses her passionately. Lia moans into Ryujin’s mouth and it turns Ryujin even more. The robe that Lia is wearing sliding off her shoulder, revealing the bare milky white shoulder. Ryujin’s lips trails down Lia’s neck. She the latter’s neck and it earn her a moan from Lia. Ryujin stops and she looks at Lia.

Lia’s face is flushed, her eyes are half open, Ryujin could not stop staring at how y Lia looks at that moment.

“We…”

“Don’t stop.” Lia begged with her eyes full of passion and lust.

Ryujin gets the signal, so she lifted Lisa up and carries her to their bed. She softly lay Lia down on the bed and accidentally open up Lia’s robe, revealing Lia’s body. Ryujin takes time to admire Lia’s body. Lia noticed that she is exposes quickly cover up her body.

“Don’t stare…I’m shy.”

Ryujin pulls Lia’s hand away softly and she softly tells Lia “You are perfect.”

Lia shyly smile and she wraps her arms around Ryujin’s neck. Ryujin straddles Lia and she leans down to claims Lia’s lips. They kissed until both is out of breath, Ryujin pulls away and she stares into Lia’s eyes, asking Lia one last time “Are you sure about this?”

Without hesitation, Lia pulls Ryujin down for a kiss and that is enough for Ryujin to know what to do next.

***

Manoban Photograhpy Studio

“Okay yes smile, smile more. Okay now do your resting face. Yes. Yes you look good.”

Lalisa Manoban, Jennie Kim’s longtime girlfriend is busy taking picture of the new model for JaneRuby label. Since she is still in her cast after broken her leg at her girlfriend fashion show a month ago, she remains seated while her assistant helps her to take the photo.

Jennie came to visit Lisa with Jisoo and they also wanted to see how is the progress of the photoshoot is going.

“Hey boo~” Jennie greeted her girlfriend.

“Hey hun, did you buy me some food?”

“I did~ here you go.” Jennie hands Lisa the hamburger that Lisa requested.

Jisoo went to the photoshoot area and checking on the process and also to get to know the new model. Jisoo greeted Lisa’s assistant first before she goes to meet the new model.

“Hi, you must be the new model. I’m Kim Jisoo.”

“OMG…you’re the executive director of the JaneRuby label Kim Jisoo! Nice to meet you!!” the model greeted Jisoo excitedly then she tries to calms herself down when she realized that she is being rude “I’m sorry, I’m Rosé.”

“Hi Rosé, nice to meet you too.” Jisoo smiles sweetly at the model.

Jennie and Lisa silently watch them from the side and while chewing on her burger, Lisa whispers to Jennie “Are you sure you want to hook your sister up with that new model?”

“Yes…my sister had been single for too long, I don’t want her to end up marrying a video game character.” Said Jennie back to her girlfriend.

“I don’t see the chemistry between them.” Lisa whispers back.

“Are you blind? Look at how sweet Rosé is smiling! I’ve read through Rosé profile and she is perfect for my sister.”

“Since when did JaneRuby turns to matchmaking company?”

“Are you not tired Jisoo unnie keeps on third wheeling us?”

Lisa stops chewing on her burger at her girlfriend’s question. Jennie is right, since Jisoo broke up with her ex, she had been third wheeling them so much that Lisa wanted to include Jisoo into their relationship.

“You’re right. I’m with you on this one.”

***

Son Residence

Wendy come home and she is surprised to see her wedding photo is at the trash bin area. She looks around to see if anyone is around, so she can ask them what is going on. She spotted one of the Son’s maid watering the garden so she went to her and she ask.

“Who…who throw my wedding photo?”

“Ma’am!” The maid greets her master “It was…”

“Irene?” Wendy asked before the maid could finish her sentence. The maid timidly nods. Wendy sighs and she dismisses the maid.

“Ma’am!” the maid calls for her master and Wendy turns back to ask what her maid want.

“Are you going to fight with your wife again?”

Wendy pauses for a moment before she smiles at her maid and replies “No…I won’t fight with her again. Please continue your work.”

“Good to hear that Ma’am.”

Wendy goes into the house and she looks for Irene. The house maid told Wendy that Irene is in the kitchen preparing food. So Wendy went to the kitchen. She sees that Irene is busy cooking. Irene noticed Wendy who is standing nearby the door arch watching her.

“Oh you’re back! I’m sorry, can you wait for a moment? Lunch is almost ready.”

Wendy puts down her bag on the kitchen island and watches her wife preparing for their lunch. Irene is not a good cook. She does not know how to cook at all. Irene accidentally cuts her finger when she wanted to cut the onion. Wendy rushes to Irene’s side and take a look on her wife’s finger. She quickly on the cut even though Irene winced at the pain. Wendy goes to her bag and take out her first aid pouch. She pulls out a Band-Aid and she wraps it on Irene’s cut.

“I know you can’t cook but since you insisted that you want to cook for me so I request for a soup, and who would have thought that you failed too.”

“Yah…I was trying to compensate for what I did to you…can you at least appreciate?” Irene whines.

“Why did you throw our wedding photo away?” Wendy asked.

“I wanted to take a new one with you.”

“Huh?”

“That photo that we took, all of it was fake, there was no emotion. I want to take a new one with you, and this time, it will be a genuine smile.” Irene replies.

Wendy smiles and she ruffles her wife’s hair in which Irene got irritate and Irene smack her on the shoulder. Wendy pretended that she got hurt and Irene goes from teasing mode to worried mode in second but then when Wendy stuck out her tongue at Irene, Irene smacks her one more time.

***

Jeju Shinhwa World Marriot Resort

Lia wakes up and it was dark. She sees the princess is beside her and she looks down at herself. She is . ‘So it was not a dream’ she thoughts and she covers her face with her hands when the memories of her and the princess passionately making love. She lies back again when she heard the rustle sound.

Ryujin turns to her side and she pulls Lia closer to her. Lia yelps because she was surprised by the sudden hug. Ryujin giggles when she heard the cute yelps from Lia.

“How are you feeling? Still sore?” Ryujin asked.

Lia shakes her head and replies “No…”

“Good. Sorry if I being rough on you.”

Lia blushes again and she covers her face with her hands. Ryujin laughs at Lia’s reaction and she hugs her even tighter. The two of them laughs in each other arms and then they laugh even more when Lia’s stomach suddenly gurgle.

“Sorry.” Lia apologizes.

Ryujin kisses Lia’s temple and she gets up to get her phone and sees the time. It’s almost 8pm and Ryujin is surprised that they actually fell asleep that long. Well after a few rounds of love making, they felt tired and honestly both needed that sleep too.

“Come on, let’s wash up and we can go get dinner.”

“Wash up together?” Lia asked shyly.

“What? Are you being shy right now? After all the things we did?” Ryujin teases Lia.

They get up from the bed and goes to take shower together. Ryujin gets out first leaving Lia behind. She opens up her luggage and pulls out a blue off shoulder evening dress and a velvet box. She quickly gets dresses and lay out the dress and the Cartier Necklace that she ‘borrow’ from her mother’s collection. She made sure that she left a note to her mother that she took the necklace.

Lia comes out from the bathroom and she is surprised when she sees the dress and the necklace. “Ryujin this is?”

“I’ve planned a romantic dinner for the two of us, and I personally…well not really Yuna helped me picked it. She said you will look good in it. So…the dress is for you and…the necklace is a gift from me to you.”

“Ryujin…you…don’t have to do all this…”

Ryujin approaches Lia and she Lia’s cheek “Of course I need to do this. I might be the future queen but you are the queen of my heart.”

“This is so unlike you, to flirt like this.”

“Let’s start a new with our relationship yeah. After all, we already did the deed...get dress and I’ll wait for you at the living room yeah, but make sure this time don’t let me wait for too long.”

Lia laughs and she promise Ryujin that she will not take too long to get ready this time. Ryujin left the bedroom and waited at the living room of the suite.

Ryujin sits on the couch and she crossed her legs while she scrolling through her phone gallery. She stops at the selfie that Yuna family this morning before she went to pick Lia up.

Flashback

“Now Ryujin, I know that you are going to stay with Lia in the same room, please control your hormone.”

“Mom…”

“If she gets pregnant before your marriage, I am going to be very very mad.” Naeun adds more.

“Mom…”

“I want to be a grandmother but not now okay?”

“Mom!” Ryujin raises her voice to stop her mother from continue nagging her.

“Naeun, Ryujin is grown up woman, she knows what she can do and what she can’t.” Taemin stops his wife from nagging their daughter.

“But honestly unnie. If you really accidentally make Lia unnie pregnant…” Yuna pauses and then she gasps “No you can’t!”

“I won’t do that!” Ryujin defended herself and her face is red now from her family teasing her.

Taemin pulls Ryujin aside and he hands her a small velvet box. Ryujin asked him what is it.

“It’s the ring that I use to propose to your mother.”

Yuna and the queen eyes widen when they heard the word propose.

“Unnie are you going to propose to Lia unnie?!”

“I’m still waiting for the right time.” Ryujin answers sheepishly.

“Honey are you sure you want to propose to Lia?” The queen asked “Do you…love her?” the queen added.

Ryujin went silent for a moment and then she lifted up her head and smiles “I may not love her, but I want her to be by my side.”

The king and the queen exchanged glances. Taemin nods to his wife to tell her that is it okay. The queen softens her frowns and hugs her daughter “I trust you in your decision Jinie.”

“Hey unnie! Let’s take a family selfie together!”

Yuna takes out her phone and she headlock Ryujin while their parents standing behind them and smiles to the camera.

End of flashback

The thoughts of her father is dying made Ryujin feels guilty. She had disobeyed her father in several occasion, and she went against him in everything that he planned for her. Ryujin tries to hold back her tears but when she sees Lia walks out from the bedroom, her tears fall.

“Ryujin what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Lia quickly rushes to Ryujin’s side.

“Nothing…it just that…you look so beautiful.” Ryujin lied.

Lia wipes away Ryujin’s tears and she smiles at her “You are weird today.”

“Yeah, I don’t know what is wrong with me today. Come on let’s go, I can hear your stomach from here.”

“Yah! Way to spoil a good atmosphere.”

Ryujin gets up from the couch and she takes out her phone quickly open the front camera and take a quick snap with Lia.

“Delete it! I was not ready!” Lia demands.

“Nope.”

“Yah delete it!” Lia tries to reach for the phone but she could not. She tries to jump to reach for the phone but then Ryujin loses her balance and they both fall back on the couch. Ryujin make sure that Lia is okay.

“Okay, okay, we’re going to take another photo okay, this time I’ll make sure you look good.”

Ryujin wraps her arm around Lia’s shoulder and Lia makes the peace sign while looking into the front camera of Ryujin’s phone. They both smiles and Ryujin snap the photo. She admits that they do look good together. Ryujin smiles at the photo and she click the send button to send the photo to Lia.

When Lia received the photo she immediately changes her home screen photo to their selfie. Ryujin gets up from the couch and she offers her hand to Lia. Lia takes Ryujin’s hand and they both walk out from the hotel room, headed together to the restaurant that Ryujin had reserved.

***

“Welcome to the Narnia Restaurant & Café Princess Ryujin and Miss Julia Choi.” The restaurant manager welcomed the couple to the restaurant. He led them to the private room that Ryujin had reserved.

Ryujin purposely picked the restaurant for the aesthetic interior design and their menu. She knows that Lia prefer western menu compared to local dishes, as many times the two of them are having dinner together, Lia chose western food.

“Wow this restaurant design is so nice. I like the atmosphere.” Said Lia as she was sitting down.

Ryujin slowly pushes the chair for Lia when she seated down and then she goes to her own seat. Ryujin calls for the waiter and request for menu.

“Glad you like it here. I’ve been here a few times already and their food is delicious. Here’s the menu, you can choose whatever you want. Oh, and…do you drink?”

“Drink?”

“Umm…wine.”

“Oh. Yes, I do.”

Lia suddenly feels awkward with this dinner date because it feels very formal. However, this is the first time that they had a real dinner date. She sheepishly smiles when she looks at Ryujin carefully browser through the menu and she could not stop noticing how dashing is Ryujin in her blue suits. When Ryujin tilts her head up and their eyes met, Lia quickly averted her eyes back to the menu and lifted the menu up to hide her blushes.

Ryujin smirks when she saw that Lia is checking her out. Ryujin finishes flip through the menu and she could not make any decision because she is a very indecisive person. So she puts down her menu and look up to Lia.

“Have you made up your choice?” Ryujin asked.

Lia flips through the menu again and she too, could not make any decision. She sighs and she put down the menu “I don’t know what to choose, I feel like I wanted to try all of the menu.”

Ryujin turns to the waiter and she asks for recommendation.

“Sure thing Ma’am. Perhaps you can try the chef special course, or you can try on the T-Bone Steak course for two.”

The waiter shows the princess the courses menu for both course and Ryujin read through the menu again.

“Hmm…I think we should try the chef special course.” Ryujin suggests to Lia.

Lia look over the course menu again and she nods “That should be fine.”

“Okay, so we will take two courses of the chef special course and a bottle of your restaurant best red wine.”

“Alright. Good selection ma’am, we will serve you shortly.”

“Thank you.”

Ryujin gives back the menu to the waiter and the waiter left the private room. The scenery from the private room is stunning. Lia could see the village view from the window. Lia was surprised when Ryujin holds her hand.

“The view is stunning isn’t it?”

“Yeah…the night view of the village is really stunning, and it feels kind of calm too if compared to the bustling view of Seoul city.”

“Yeah, but nothing can compare to your beauty tonight.”

“Yah~ why are you being like this today! I’m embarrassed.”

“Well I’m being honest.”

They were interrupted by the waiter who came in to serve them their wine. The waiter left after filling their wine glass. Ryujin takes out her phone and begin taking Lia’s pictures.

“Do you want me to take yours too?” Lia offers.

“Sure.” Ryujin hands Lia her phone and Lia starts to take photo of Ryujin. Ryujin poses with the wine bottle and the wine glass and then she moves to the window to take picture with the night view then they switched role. Ryujin suggested that they take a selfie too. She wraps her arm around Lia’s waist and pull Lia closer as she takes their photo. After their photo session, both went back to their table.

“Do you mind if I post the picture that we just take on my social media?” Ryujin asked.

“Sure…but…are you sure about that?”

“Why not?” Ryujin shrugs.

“I mean you have not made official announcement to the public…people are still wondering what is the relationship that we had.” Lia explained.

Ryujin scoffs when Lia questioned her about their relationship “After our kissing picture went viral and you still think people don’t know about us?”

“It’s just a picture Ryujin. I tried to avoid the tabloid as much as I can because there is nothing to be gain from there, but I’ve seen a lot of people are questioning our relationship.”

Ryujin ignores Lia and continue to focus on her phone. She posted the photo of her and Lia and in the caption she wrote ‘A lovely night with my beloved’. She smiles after she posted the photo and then she put down her phone and focuses on Lia.

“I don’t care about what people think of us, as long as you how important you are to me.” Said Ryujin.

The waiter came in with their food and the couple enjoy their food and chit chat through the night. After they done with their dinner, Ryujin invited Lia to go to the restaurant balcony to enjoy the breeze. They hold hand as they walk to the balcony. The restaurant had closed the balcony section just for the royal couple.

Paul Anka’ Put Your Head On My Shoulder is playing in the background. The balcony is decorated with led lights. Flower petals are scattered all around and there are lines of candle that leads to an area that is decorated with roses. Lia follows the candle and she is standing right in the middle of the roses.

“Ryujin all this…” Lia turns to Ryujin when she noticed that Ryujin is not by her side and she gasps when Ryujin is kneeling on her knee.

“Ryujin?”

The music change to Ilene Woods – So This Is Love when Ryujin kneeled. Ryujin takes out the velvet box that her father gave her this morning.

“Ryujin…”

“I…I know this is too soon, we’ve only known each other for couple months but I rather do it now or I might regret it later…” Ryujin pauses and she opens the ring box, revealing the 41 carat Dresden Green Diamond ring and she continues “Will you marry me, Julia Choi Jisu?”

Lia is speechless, she is stunned and frozen at the sudden proposal. She looks around her and she sees the restaurant staffs are cheering for her.

“Say yes!” they all cheers at her.

Lia looks down to Ryujin. Ryujin looks earnest in her proposal. Lia too feel it was too soon, but she was curious on what Ryujin means when she said she might regret it later.

“Lia…I know that this proposal is not necessary because you already know that our parents had decided for us to get marry. But I want to do it anyway. So, I’ll ask you again…will you marry me?”

Lia throws away all of her thoughts and profusely nods while covering with her hands. “Yes, I do…Yes I do…”

The staffs cheer and congratulate them when Lia said yes. Ryujin let out a relieve sigh and she gets up from kneeling and gently puts on the ring on Lia’s finger. She kisses Lia’s hand and seeing how happy Lia looks, she almost regretted the proposal but she had to do it. She was running out of time.

The staffs of the restaurant come out and they pop a bottle of champagne and offers it to the newly engaged couple. The manager of the restaurant offers to take photo for the couple.

Ryujin had her hand on Lia’s waist and Lia tilt her head to Ryujin’s shoulder. Ryujin holds Lia’s hand where she puts on the engagement ring and they both look to the camera. Then the couple share a kiss after their photos were taken.

The background music change again, this time it plays The Righteous Brother – Unchained Melody. Ryujin invites Lia for a slow dance and Lia gladly accepts. The restaurant manager orders for all the staff to leave the couple for some privacy.

“So you had been planning this all along?” Lia asked Ryujin while grinning widely.

“Sort of~” Ryujin shrugs, she had to lie because she did not want to hurt Lia.

Ryujin pulls Lia closer and she rested her chin on Lia’s shoulder while slow dancing to the background music. Lia also rested her head on Ryujin’s shoulder as they sway together to the music. She takes a deep breath as she feels so blissful at that moment.

Ryujin on the other hand feels guilty. She had to do what she had to do because her father is running out of time and thou her father did not rush her to get married soon, but she wanted to fulfill his wish before he is gone. That is to see his daughter get married. Even if she had to lie to Lia and ended up regretting it soon, she had to made the choice.

She pulls back to look at Lia’s face. She can see the happiness is beaming in Lia’s face. It made Ryujin’s heart even painful. Ryujin fakes a smile to Lia and Lia smiles back genuinely. Ryujin leans in to kiss Lia and Lia kisses back.

After spending the night laughing, dancing and getting drunk together, the couple went back to their hotel and make love again. They spent the whole night exploring each other’s body.

When the morning comes, Ryujin was first to wake up. She carefully left the bed and puts on her robe then she went out to the living room. She takes out her phone and made a call to the palace.

“Hello.”

“This is Princess Ryujin speaking, please connect me to my father.”

“Certainly, Princess.”

There was a beep and then it got connected to her father’s office.

“Hello.”

“Morning dad.”

“Oh Jinnie! How was your vacation? I saw the photo you two took. Tell Lia she looks beautiful.”

Before her father finishes Ryujin cuts him off “I did it.” She said.

“Did what?”

“I proposed and she said yes.”

“You did?”

“Yes.”

“She said yes?!” The queen’s voice can be heard yelling in the background.

Ryujin laughs when she heard the excitement in her mother’s voice.

“We need to have a press conference. I’ll arrange one once the two of you back from the vacation!”

“Sure dad. I got to go, see you when I get back.”

***

When the couple get back from their vacation. Ryujin request Lia to take another day off because she wanted to bring her to meet with all the royal family for their official meeting as engaged couple. Lia was nervous at first but Ryujin told her it will be fine.

Sinb, Lia’s boss who got excited at the news decided to give Lia a week of days off so Lia can settle whatever that she needs to settle now that she is engaged to the princess.

The meeting with the royal family was smooth, since Lia had already met Yuna and the King personally, she is comfortable with them. When Lia met the queen, the queen gave off the cold treatment, but Ryujin told Lia that her mother always has that cold exterior but deep down inside she is a very warm person. Lia did manage to get the queen to warm up to her and Ryujin was like. It was just the queen’s expression.

The king and queen asked Lia to choose a ring from the family heirloom. It was a gift from the royal family to the newly engaged couple. The king told the couple that he had called for the press to be at the palace in the afternoon for their engagement press conference.

“Oh dear, Ryujin did not tell you about the press conference?” The queen asked Lia when she saw how surprised Lia looked when they mentioned about the conference.

“It must have slipped out my mind.” Ryujin replied her mother.

“How can you forgot to tell her? Yuna-ah, do you think you can lend some of your dress to your sister in law? I can’t have her wear this to the conference. It is too informal!”

“She looks fine.” Ryujin tries to stops her mother from nagging too much.

“Aigoo, no, I future daughter in law cannot wear jeans and a shirt.”

Yuna quickly leads Lia away before the queen and Ryujin starts to banter. “I have some dresses that I know will look good on Lia unnie, we’ll be right back!”

Once they are far away from the queen, Yuna apologizes to Lia “Sorry about that Lia unnie, my mother and sister never got along, but they do love each other. I hope what my mom didn’t hurt your feeling earlier. It just the way she talked and she is a perfectionist so…but sis your outfit is a no no, I don’t understand why Ryujin did not tell you to wear something presentable.”

“She told me that we are going to meet with the royal family and nothing more.”

Yuna sighs but then she smiles to hide her disappointment in her sister. Yuna links her arm with Lia and she leads them to her room to choose outfit that Lia can wear to the press conference.

***

The waiting room

“Ryujin, even though you are not keen to meet with the press, you should have at least prepared your partner.” Said the king.

Ryujin sits across her father and she crosses her legs. She sighs and stares up the ceiling.

“Ryujin, your father is talking to you.” Said the queen.

“I do not think the press conference is necessary. The public already know that I proposed.”

The queen sits next to Ryujin and she holds Ryujin’s hand “Jinie, I know you are still traumatized because of what happened last time with the press. But I want you to face it. When you become the Queen…you’ll face the press even more compared to now.”

Ryujin only nods. She will forever remember how the press treated her when they found out that she and Irene were in a relationship. She was forced to deny their relationship and she was forced to go to US to further her study. When she finished her study, she came back only to find that her beloved was engaged to her cousin. The press once again pestered her regarding her relationship with Irene. When she went to meet Irene for explanation, the paparazzi followed her. When she wanted to lose them, she got involved in an accident. The next thing she knows is her driver died on the spot, and she sustained head injury. It was not serious, but the fact that she saw her driver died in front of her got her traumatized.

“Sorry for keeping you guys waiting!” Yuna announced their arrival. All eyes averted to the door direction.

Yuna had choose a light blue dresses for Lia to wear. Lia is stunning in that dress. Yuna also did Lia’s makeup and Yuna let Lia’s hair down because Yuna said Lia ponytail made her look older, and which her hair down, Lia look more refine and beautiful.

Ryujin was captive by Lia’s beauty, her heart skipped a beat. She gets up from her seat and goes to Lia. She brushes aside Lia’s hair and tuck it behind Lia’s ear.

“You’re beautiful.” Ryujin compliments Lia.

“Thank you.” Lia shyly

The secretary of the royal family announces his arrival to the waiting room and he announced that the press is waiting outside.

Ryujin glances over to her father and the king nods at her. Ryujin nods back and she offers her arm to Lia. Lia looks up to Ryujin and Ryujin nods at Lia. Lia smiles and she hooks her arm with Ryujin’s arm and they walk abreast together to the press conference that is held at the palace garden.

***

The couple were blinded by the lights when they step out to the garden. Lia can feel that Ryujin’s muscle tense when the shutter lights flickering. Lia switches from linking arms with Ryujin to holding Ryujin’s hand. Ryujin glances over to Lia and Lia smiles to show her support. Ryujin tighten her hand’s grip.

The couple stands by the stairs and greets the press. Both force themselves to smile to the blinding light and wave at the press.

“Congratulations on your engagement Princess Ryujin. May we know who is your bride to be and where did you two first met?”

Ryujin turns to Lia for help and Lia noticed the plead of help signal that coming from Ryujin’s eyes. Lia smiles to the presses and she answers “Let me introduce myself. My name is Julia Choi Jisu, you can call me Lia. I’m the daughter of Admiral Choi Siwon.”

All of the reporters presents gasp at Lia’s revelation. They know Admiral Choi had a daughter but they never saw her before and for Lia to reveal herself as the admiral’s daughter is like killing two birds with one stone.

“We met during my cousin’s fashion show.” Lia continues and she glance over to Ryujin. Though Lia always dealt with the press because of her position as an PR executive, but most of the time she is doing the work behind the scene, and her team members will always be the one who talk to the press. So she is nervous.

“Yeah, we met at the fashion show, Lia was helping her cousin that day. The moment she walks down the runway, I was stunned by her beauty.” Ryujin continues Lia’s explanation.

“How long have you known each other?”

Ryujin feels like she wanted to smack the reporter on the head when he throws that question at her “Well, it has been couple of months now.”

“Isn’t it too fast for you two to get engage? You just get to know each other for few months.”

“We might know each other for few months, the time is short but, the chemistry between us is undeniable. I feel like I need to tie her to me before someone else snatches her away from me.” Ryujin jokes and the press laugh with her.

“I mean she is a fine and gorgeous woman, anyone can just come and take her away from me if I don’t act fast. I am super glad that she said yes to my proposal.” Ryujin added.

“When is the wedding?”

“It will be in two months’ time.” Ryujin answers.

Lia was surprised by the revelation because she did not know that the wedding will be that fast but when she feels Ryujin’s tight grips on her hand, she calms down.

“Was it love?” one of the reporter asked.

There was a long pause from Ryujin, so Lia takes it to herself to answer “It was love at the first sight.” Lia answers when she sees that Ryujin hesitated to answer.

“That was fantastic, was it love at the first sight for you too princess?”

Ryujin just nods along and then she answers “You can call it love. Whatever love means.”

Lia was affected by Ryujin’s answer. She sounded indifferent when she answered and it made Lia wonders if the princess truly meant it when she confessed her love to her. Lia tries to hide her frowns and continue to smile at the press. The interview continues and they continue to answer.

***

JYP PR Firm

The whole office was watching the news about the princess and Lia’s engagement. They were cheering for Lia, except for Yeji.

Yeji left the meeting room and went back to her office. Sinb saw it and she follows her cousin too. She closes the door and she went to her side. Yeji let out a cries and Sinb quickly hugs her to comfort her.

“Why didn’t she choose me.” Yeji cried.

“There there…”

“Why…”

“You will find someone better.”

***

Manoban Photograhpy Studio

Irene and Wendy were at the studio retaking their wedding photograph. Irene wanted to go with magical concept for the wedding photo and Wendy just go along with it. Wendy actually contacted her aunt-in-law a day before if she can borrow a tiara for the photoshoot and the queen did not question any further and let Wendy chose the one that she wants.

Flashback

Wendy was waiting at the palace waiting room for the butler to retrieve the tiara from the royal vault for her. She was enjoying the view from the waiting room large window when she was tapped by someone on the shoulder.

“Unnie!”

“Yuna! Look at how much you have grown!” Wendy greet her younger cousin.

“Omo, unnie, what happened to your face?”

Wendy tried her best to hide the bruises with makeup but it seems like the concealer is not thick enough. “Oh this? I fall face planted on the ground a few days ago.” Wendy lied.

“Geez…first it was Ryujin unnie and now you? By the way what are you doing here? It’s very rare to see you to come over the palace.”

Wendy smiled and she patted Yuna on the head, though she had to tip toed in order to do so, because Yuna had grown so tall compared to her. She is 159cm and Yuna is 172cm. Despite the fact that she is 9 years older than Yuna is.

“I came to borrow a tiara from the queen.”

“Tiara?”

“Yes.”

“For?”

“Umm…Irene said she wanted to retake our wedding photo so…I wanted my wife to look beautiful and like a queen she is to me. So I came to borrow one.”

“I see. So, you two…your relationship…has it gotten better?”

“…Yes. Well I guess so.”

“Unnie…”

“What is it Yuna?”

“I hope Irene can open herself to you too. I know you love her. I hope she can forget about Ryujin unnie too.”

Wendy is touched by Yuna’s comforting words. She wished that she and Ryujin can talk normally like she did with Yuna. The three of them used to be very close but now there is only Yuna who is close to her.

“By the way, Ryujin unnie is going to proposed to Lia unnie soon.” Said Yuna.

“Huh?”

“She is going to propose.” Yuna repeated her words.

“Does Ryujin even love that Choi lady?”

“Even if she does she had to.” Yuna replied.

“Is it because of uncle?”

Yuna nodded and Wendy sighed.

“I just wished that Choi lady is going to be okay.”

“Don’t worry, if unnie tries to hurt Lia. I will definitely let her have it.”

End of flashback

Irene approaches Wendy and she helps her to fix her suits. Wendy snaps back to reality and she smiles at her wife. “Your face is it still hurt?” Irene asked.

“No, not anymore.” Wendy lied, her face still hurt like hell “Anyway, you look so beautiful.” Wendy compliments her wife.

Irene blushes and she gently hits Wendy on the shoulder. Wendy acted like it hurts and she then she laughs when Irene gets worried.

“Ms Son…are you ready for the photoshoot?”

“We’re coming! Come on let’s go.”

Wendy wonder if Irene knows about Ryujin’s proposal. She shakes off the thought about her cousin and focuses on her wife instead.

***

One month and two weeks later

The news of the crown princess engagement is spread all over the world, not just in her own country. The speculation about the princess relationship with the mysterious girl. Many press releases Lia’s profile to the public and most of the citizen were surprised by Lia’s identity as the Admiral Choi’s daughter. The citizens of South Korea were happy with the news and they said that both are made for each other. People are celebrating and decorating their streets as the royal wedding is approaching.

Lia had decided to resign from her job. The company is reluctant to let her go but since she is going to be the future queen’s consort, they accepted her decision wholeheartedly. Sinb and Yeji threw a farewell party for her. They cried and they laughed together. Yeji wished Lia the best in her future venture and she wished that they can remain as best friend even after she is married to the royal family. Lia promised Yeji that she will not forget the people that stayed by her side.

Her wedding is in two weeks away, and she was supposed to go for her wedding dress fitting today, but she got carried away with the farewell party. She excuses herself from the party and everyone bid her goodbye. They all cried and hug Lia. Lia laughed at them and said that she is not leaving the country, they will still be able to see her around.

Yeji offers herself to drive Lia to the wedding boutique. Lia wanted to reject at first, said that she can just take the public transport but when she sees that it almost wants to rain, she accepted the offer.

“I can’t believe that you are getting married.”

“I can’t believe it myself too.”

“Remember what I told you that if she bullies you, you can always rely on me.”

“I know that I know.”

***

Son Residence

“Hun, did you see my favorite socks?” Wendy yells across the room to Irene who is going the laundry at the laundry area.

“It’s in the top drawer!” Irene yells back.

“Oh found it! Thanks!”

Irene is doing the laundry when she suddenly feels nauseous and light headed when she finishes taking out the clothes from the dryer. She tries to hold it in, thinking that it was something that she ate. Irene had become a fulltime housewife now that she vowed she wanted to be a better wife for Wendy. Wendy told Irene that she does not restrict her from having a career or joining any event that she wants. Irene insisted that she only going to stay at home and only join event if Wendy is joining. Irene

Wendy came back home for lunch and because it was raining outside, she was soaking wet. So Irene asked her to get change before go to work again. Wendy was going to bid Irene goodbye and she saw her wife falls flat on the ground.

“Honey!”

Wendy rushes to Irene’s side and check on her. She touches Irene’s face to check on her temperature but it seems normal. Wendy carries Irene out from the laundry room.

“Someone get me my car!” she yells to her household maids and butler.

“Hang in there, honey, please be okay.” Wendy begs.

***

Lia arrived at the wedding boutique but she was greeted by the royal family butler. “Miss Lia, please follow us to the palace.”

“Huh?”

“Well, your wedding dress is at the palace so we need to shift the fitting session to the palace, Princess Ryujin sent us here to pick you up.

“Oh…okay.”

Lia enters the Black Rolls Royce that is waiting for her and they drive her to the palace. When they reach the palace, a few maids waited outside for her. The chauffeur opens the door for Lia and she thanked them then the maids walk her to a hall where the fitting session is going to be held.

When Lia enters the hall she was greeted by the queen and Yuna. They both are waiting for her. She did not see any sight of Ryujin. She wanted to ask but she keep herself silent.

“Good to have you here Lia. Sorry we had to change the venue. Since this is going to be a big royal wedding for the crown princess and the only daughter of Admiral Choi I think it is better for you to wear something out of the royal wedding gown collection.” Said the queen.

“Oh…”

“Mother had ordered the royal stylist to bring out all of the wedding dresses that had been worn by previous queen to the palace.” Yuna explain.

“Thank you for the thoughtful thought your majesty.” Lia thanks the queen.

The royal stylist brought in the royal wedding gowns and the queen asked Lia to choose. Lia was astonished by the selection of the gown. The queen claps her hand and the royal guards bring in the jewelries and tiaras for Lia to choose.

The queen goes to Lia’s side and she puts her hand on Lia’s shoulder “You can choose whatever you want and the consider it as a gift from me to you.”

“I can?”

“Of course you can.” The queen reply with a gentle smile.

Lia browsers through the wedding dresses and she turns to the queen to ask for the queen permission to touch the tiaras. The queen allows her to touch and to try on the tiara. The queen asked Yuna to help Lia while she and the royal secretary discuss on the guests list.

“So Lia unnie, have you given the wedding planner your wedding guests list?” Yuna asked.

“I leave that part to my parents. I don’t have much friends though. I did invite my officemates and boss to attend.”

“You don’t have much friends? You??” Yuna asked in disbelief.

“Yeah…what a sad life isn’t it.”

“Can I be your friend then?” Yuna asks.

Lia smiles and she holds Yuna’s hand “You are already my friend Yuna, I consider you as a sister too.”

“Aww…glad that you are the one that my sister is marrying and not someone else.”

The two shares a hug and then they continue to choose the gowns and tiaras.

***

Seoul Hospital

Wendy patiently wait outside for the doctor to come out. She swears, if anything happens to Irene, she will not forgive herself. The doctor come out and Wendy quickly stands up.

“Doctor…how…how is my wife?”

The doctor invites Wendy to come into the room where Irene is. Wendy sees that Irene is already awake, she rushes to Irene’s side and hugs her wife.

“You okay?” she asks as she cups her face. Irene nods and she hugs Wendy again this time Irene rested her head on Wendy’s chest. Listening to her wife’s steady heartbeat.

“What is wrong with my wife doctor?” Wendy asks.

The doctor takes off her mask and she smiles at the couple. “Congratulations Ms Son, your wife is pregnant.”

It takes Wendy a few second to register what the doctor had said and when her brain finally registers the words, she turns to Irene who is as shock as she is. Their shocked face turns to a happy grin. Wendy had always wanted to have kid and now her dream come true.

“We’re going to be parents!!” Wendy cheers and she hugs Irene tightly.

Irene is crying a happy tear when she saw how happy Wendy is. This is the first time that she sees Wendy this happy.

“Thank you so much honey…thank you so much.” Wendy thanks Irene and she kisses Irene all over Irene’s face.

“But, since your wife has low blood pressure make sure you come to have check up on time okay.”

“Yes sure…we will.”

***

Ryujin was at the royal wedding planner office to sort out some of the wedding requirements. She needs to go through the wedding protocols that is set by the palace. She was waiting for Lia to come by too so they can choose the wedding cakes and the wedding theme that they want. Ryujin hates all the hassle, although her father said that the royal planner can take care of it, the queen insisted that her daughter need to get involve in her own wedding.

“Your highness, perhaps you would like to consider the vanilla strawberry sponge cake for your wedding cake. It’s not too sweet for the elderly and the youngsters and kids will love the strawberry.”

Ryujin lazily flips through the cakes catalogue while seated cross legged on the couch. She looks at her watch and it is almost 5pm but there is no sign of Lia. She hates waiting for people, even if it her own family members. She just hates waiting for people in general. Just as she about to give Lia a call, Lia walks into the room with Yuna tagged along.

“What took you so long?” Ryujin asked in irritated tone.

Yuna who sense that her sister is angry quickly jumps in front of Lia to defend Lia “Well unnie, you know how perfectionist mom is. She wanted her daughter in law to dress in the best dress and wear the best jewelry, so she took most of our times earlier.”

“Well, next time please try to be on time. You know how much I hate on waiting.”

“Yes. We will be more alert on our time next time.”

“I’ve look through the catalogue, just pick which cake that you like and we’re going to get out of here.”

“Geez, who hurt you today sis?” Yuna asked her sister and she only receives a side eyes form her sister.

“If you are that impatient, you can go home first, let me and Yuna handle it.” Said Lia when she finds how rude Ryujin is now.

“I’ve been waiting here for an hour.”

“Are you hungry?” Lia tries to reason why Ryujin and she receives the death stare from Ryujin but Lia did not flinch which made Yuna salute her.

Ryujin did not want to argue anymore so she just sits there quietly and let Lia and Yuna choose the cake.

After they done choosing the cake, Yuna suggested that they go grab dinner together. Ryujin asked where Yuna want to go. Yuna said she wanted to try the ramen restaurant that Lia and Ryujin had their first date. Ryujin agreed because she missed the ramen. Ryujin asked Yuna to join her car and dismisses their driver.

As they get into the car, Ryujin apologizes to Lia “Sorry if I’m being rude earlier. I just don’t like organizing things.” She confessed.

“I understand, but I hope you can be more honest with your feeling Ryujin. Don’t keep everything to yourself. We are going to get married in two weeks’ time.”

Ryujin reaches for Lia’s hand and she kisses it “I will try.”

Yuna was the happiest person in the car when she sees her sister and sister in law being so lovey dovey. She is their biggest shipper. She swore to her life that she will protect the relationship even if it’s going to cost her life.

When they reached the restaurant, they are surprised to see that it is close. Despite that it is only 6pm. Lia tries to peek inside to see if there’s anyone inside and there is nothing. Everything is dark. Lia saw the uncle from the next shop, she approaches him and asked about the restaurant.

“Oh…the owner of the restaurant passed away last month. Since her children did not want to inherit the family business, they close it.”

The news of the ahjumma’s passing broke Lia’s heart. Lia falls on her knees. Ryujin and Yuna rush to her side and support her from falling down.

“Lia?”

Before she can answer Ryujin, her vision blurred and she fainted.

“Lia!”

To be continue...

A/N: Hi alls, disclaimer here. This story is fictional, everything in here is fictional. Before anyone question me how woman x woman can get pregnant. This is all fictional, so anything can happen. Hope you guys understand. Next chapter going to be very long so pardon me if I takes too long to update the next chapter. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!