New Friends

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "Wow! It's so pretty outside!" Eunha exclaimed loudly, her cat ears twitching on the top of her head and her tail flicking around behind her happily as she practically pushed her face against the car window.

"It is!" Yuju replied just as eagerly from the other side of Yerin, the long haired cat hybrid almost mirroring exactly what Eunha was currently doing. 

"Can you both sit in your seats properly? You're gonna hit your heads against the windows if Sojung hits a bump in the road." Yerin sighed as she pulled both hybrids back from the windows by their shoulders with her hands, unable to keep a slight smile from creeping across her face in the process. 

"No fair." Eunha huffed. But within seconds, the short haired hybrid was pushing her head against Yerin's, practically nuzzling against her cheek. Yuju decided to silently rest her head on Yerin's shoulder instead, her eyes still focused on the scenery passing by outside the car window. Yerin fully smiled once both of the cat hybrids were pressed against her, planting a small kiss against the top of Eunha's head before doing the same to Yuju. Both hybrids immediately started purring at the affection.

"Are you doing okay?" Sojung asked as she stopped the car for a moment at a red light, eyes glancing over at the slightly tense SinB sitting in the front seat. SinB didn't respond, her head propped up against her hand as she continued to stare out the car window with a blank expression. Sojung let out a small chuckle as she gently patted the cat hybrid's head before going back to concentrating on driving. SinB's eyes shifted to Sojung's face for a second before going back to the window, a tiny purr rumbling in her chest at the small gesture of affection.

"Are you excited about today?" Yerin asked the loudly purring Eunha, ruffling the hybrid's soft cat ears. 

"Yeah!" Eunha's eyes sparkled with happiness. "I want to get there already!"

"Do we get to see Dr. Joy again?" Yuju chimed in with her own question.

"Of course." Yerin nodded, running her other free hand through the long haired hybrid's pretty hair. "I'm glad you aren't scared of her anymore."

"She was nice." Yuju said with a cute, wide smile. Yerin returned the expression with a smile of her own. Eunha seemed to grow a bit anxious at the sound of Joy's name but the eager sparkle in her eyes never left as she nuzzled back against Yerin's cheek again.

SinB was silent but her focus shifted to the people outside the car windows as Sojung turned the car down one of the streets that led to the hybrid focused center. Almost immediately, the hybrid turned her head away from the window, pulling up the hood of her jacket to hide her cat ears from view. Sojung noticed the motion as she made another turn, a concerned look spreading across her face. 

Once the group had arrived at the center and the car was safely parked in the parking lot, Sojung leaned over and gently pulled SinB's hood off of her head, smoothing down stray strands of hair after she had. SinB nervously met Sojung's gaze with her own, her body still tense until the older girl placed a loving kiss against her slightly flattened cat ears.

"Don't ever hide who you are, okay?" Sojung spoke softly, her other hand ruffling SinB's hair and cat ears affectionately as she continued to stare into the hybrid's eyes. SinB seemed surprised but she didn't break eye contact with Sojung, a small purr breaking into the air again.

"O....Okay..." SinB replied quietly as she continued to purr, her eyes focusing away sheepishly as Sojung pressed another kiss against her perked up cat ears.

"I'll be back in a couple hours to pick you all up." Sojung turned her head to focus on the rest of the girls in the back seat. "You can call me if you need me to come sooner."

"Of course." Yerin nodded with a wide smile. "Thank you, Sojung. Seriously. It means so much to me that you wanted to drive us all here."

"You're welcome, Yerin." Sojung smiled back. "I wanted to make sure that you would be able to bring the cats here. It was no trouble at all."

"I want Sojung to come with us." Eunha whined, Yuju nodding from the other side of Yerin. 

"Next time, okay?" Sojung chuckled. "I have a few things I need to get done at home today."

"Promise?" Eunha gave the taller girl her best begging expression. Sojung was no match for it. 

"I promise." Sojung nodded with a small laugh. "I'll make sure to join you all next time." 

Eunha was content with that answer, grinning up at Yerin happily before pushing at the car door to open it. Sojung watched as Yerin, Yuju and Eunha exited the car together before focusing back on SinB. The hybrid still seemed nervous but she visibly calmed down as Sojung ran her hand and fingers through her hair and against her cat ears.

"At least try to have fun today, okay?" Sojung said as she pressed one last kiss against the top of SinB's head. SinB nodded before affectionately nuzzling against Sojung as best as she could while in the front seat, purring quietly until she made her way out of the car to join the others. SinB continued to stare at Sojung until the older girl had driven away, her cat ears lowering against her head slightly as soon as she was out of view.

"SinB?" Yerin called out. SinB's ears lifted up as the girl's voice cleared her mind again, turning around almost instantly once she was called. Yerin couldn't help but grin as SinB practically darted over to her side and gripped at her hand, making sure to rub her thumb soothingly against the anxious cat hybrid's hand before leading her along with the other hybrids towards the large new building in front of all of them. 

"Wow..." Yerin quietly whispered under her breath once they had all entered the building.

  It was way more impressive than she had been expecting. It was almost like an indoor playground, various types of colorful play structures made out of soft materials to climb all over and hide in while there was also a section for hybrids to rest in chairs and enjoy some of the offered snacks and drinks at one of the several tables nearby. Across the room there were a few different doors leading to the more less enjoyable sections of the building where hybrids could get checkups and different medical procedures done. Another door on the opposite side of those doors was made of glass, leading to the salon area with a glass window built into the wall showing into the calm and comfortingly designed room as well. There were already several cat hybrids playing on the structures and lounging around and a few of them turned their heads to curiously stare at the new girls entering. SinB quickly switched to gripping at Yerin's arm with her hands, hiding slightly behind the girl as the other two hybrids glanced around the large room eagerly. 

"Yerin!" A familiar voice sounded out, causing Yerin and the cat hybrids heads to turn to spot the woman practically running to greet them.

"Joy!" Yerin could barely get the name out before being brought into a hug by the girl, laughing as she returned the gesture happily. 

"I'm so glad you were able to make it today!" Joy bounced on her feet in place as she let Yerin out of her grip. 

"I am too." Yerin nodded, the smile on her face refusing to leave. Joy was about to speak again until she was interrupted by Yuju suddenly clinging to her body, the long haired cat hybrid's purr making the kind doctor let go of Yerin to hug Yuju tightly.

"Well, you're definitely feeling better." Joy grinned as she rubbed the purring Yuju's back. 

"...Hi, Joy." Eunha shyly spoke up. 

"Hello, Eunha." Joy smiled. "How are you feeling? Better, I hope?"

Eunha nodded, her bobbed hair swishing with the motion as her cat ears twitched around. 

  "No more coughing? Or headaches?" Joy continued to question. Eunha only shook her head, her cat ears perking up as Joy leaned over and ruffled her short hair gently. And after she had done that, Eunha was quick to join Yuju's purr with a purr of her own, the slight nervousness that had been showing in her eyes disappearing. Joy let out a laugh as she welcomed the short haired hybrid into her arms to join Yuju in another hug. The only hybrid that wasn't hugging the kind doctor was SinB. Yerin sighed quietly as she felt the cat hybrid cling to her clothes with her hands tightly and hide behind her back, SinB's cat ears flat against her head as her eyes shifted from staring at Joy to glancing around at the other cat hybrids doing their own things in various places in the room.

"Is that SinB?" Joy asked as she lowered her voice in order to not spook the anxious hybrid more than she already was. SinB's body was tense again, her tail poofing up behind her.

"Still not used to me, huh?" Joy smiled sympathetically. "Don't worry. I won't be doing a checkup on you today."

SinB didn't respond, refusing to make eye contact as she pressed her body against Yerin's back, her grip on the girl's clothes tightening.

"It's a bit scary being in such a new place, isn't it?" Joy continued. "How about I show you all around and get you all familiar with everything before you decide on what you all want to do first. Sound good?" 

"Yeah!" Eunha was the one to speak up this time, eyes glittering with pure excitement. Yuju nodded eagerly, a bright smile appearing on her face. Yerin smiled as well, attempting to move forward with SinB in order to follow after the other three but the cat hybrid refused to move, a small growl escaping as she clung to Yerin tighter.

"SinB...." Yerin quickly became worried, turning around to face the hybrid so she would be able to hold her close in an attempt to calm her down. SinB whimpered, burying her face into Yerin's shoulder while Yerin rubbed her back. Joy had noticed almost the exact second that the growl had escaped SinB's lips, stopping her walking in order to examine the situation properly. 

"Is everything okay?" Joy asked with a concerned expression, both Yuju and Eunha holding onto her hands with their own.

"She's just a bit overwhelmed." Yerin replied, pressing a kiss against the side of SinB's head. "Go ahead and show Yuju and Eunha around. I'll stay with SinB and we'll join you when she feels better."

"Alright." Joy nodded. "Just let me know if you need somewhere quiet for her to rest for a bit. My office is pretty silent and the salon always has relaxing music playing."

Yerin returned the nod with a thumbs up, managing to smile again at the sight of Yuju and Eunha happily walking along with Joy to explore. At least the other two cat hybrid's were handling everything well. Even though SinB was anxious about being in such a new place, she at least wasn't panicking or biting. Hopefully she would be able to relax and have fun later on. 

"Do you want me to get you something to eat?" Yerin asked once she had sat SinB down in one of the many empty chairs available. "They have all types of snacks for you to try."

SinB hesitated at first but slowly she nodded, the thought of food making her cat ears lift up very slightly. Yerin felt relieved at the sight. As soon as Yerin had moved away to pick out a few treats for the anxious cat hybrid, SinB attempted to curl up on the chair, frowning as she realized that the chair wasn't big enough for her to completely get comfortable on it like she could on the couch back home. 

"Do you want one of the beanbags?" A new voice entered SinB's ears, causing the cat hybrid to freeze in place. Slowly, SinB turned her head to stare at the stranger who had appeared in front of her, cat ears flat as they could possibly be on top of her head. In front of her was another cat hybrid, the girl's head tilted to the side as she examined the scared SinB from head to tail. SinB returned the glance, her eyes scanning over the new hybrid as well. She seemed to be a bit younger than Yuju, with short hair around the same length as Eunha's. Though, her hair was a dark navy blue color, the color obviously not her natural one as the short fur on her cat ears was black.  

"It's hard to get comfortable on these chairs." The new hybrid continued, gesturing to a pair of beanbag chairs behind her. "These are way more comfortable."

SinB continued to stay quiet but she didn't look scared anymore, her expression changing from anxious to curious as her cat ears shifted to their normal position on her head. Slowly, the new hybrid held her hand out towards SinB, a small smile appearing on her sharp features. 

"I'm Ryujin." The hybrid said, watching as SinB stared at her hand instead of taking it right away. "What's your name?"

SinB didn't reply but she managed to take Ryujin's hand, allowing the other cat hybrid to help her to her feet. Ryujin didn't speak again, leading SinB over to the beanbag chairs. SinB was quick to get comfy on one, curling up on it just like she had wanted to in the chair. Ryujin took the other nearby beanbag, simply observing SinB with a neutral expression. 

"SinB." SinB finally responded, avoiding eye contact as Ryujin's cat ears twitched at the sound of her finally speaking.

"SinB." The other cat hybrid repeated back, a small grin appearing on her face. "Cool name." 

"Thanks." SinB only mumbled, her tail swishing back and forth contently now that she was fully relaxed in the new beanbag chair.

"SinB?" Yerin had finally returned with a few snacks in hand, a small smile slipping on her face as she noticed how relaxed the cat hybrid was even with a 'stranger' nearby. SinB's head immediately lifted at the sound of Yerin's voice and Ryujin had to stifle a laugh. She hadn't been expecting her new anxious friend to perk up so quickly.

"I brought you a doughnut and some other things." Yerin continued, handing over the doughnut and a couple packages containing miniature versions of cookies and a chocolate covered type of snack. SinB eagerly started to eat, biting into the doughnut with new found energy. Yerin chuckled to herself as she patted SinB's head before turning to face the new hybrid sitting next to her.

"Is this your new friend, SinB?" Yerin asked with a smile. 

"I'm Ryujin." The new cat hybrid was quick to answer, holding out her hand with another grin. "I'm guessing you're SinB's owner?"

"I prefer the nickname 'caretaker' but yes, that's me." Yerin laughed, softly shaking Ryujin's hand. "It's nice to meet you, Ryujin, I'm Yerin. Jung Yerin."

"Caretaker, huh?" Ryujin mused. "That sounds way better than what I've heard other people use."

"I think so too." Yerin agreed. "I don't 'own' her and the other two or anything like that. They're their own people. They are mine but I dont own them, if that makes sense."

"It does." Ryujin nodded with a smile, her cat ears twitching happily. "I've always liked that way of thinking a lot. It's refreshing to hear someone new say it."

"What about you?" Yerin asked curiously as she absentmindedly ran her fingers through SinB's hair, the cat hybrid still chewing away at her treats. "Is your caretaker here too?"

"She is! She works over at the salon." Ryujin said as she pointed over at the glass door across the room, her cat ears twitching around happily. "She's really talented and she likes bringing us here so it works out really well."

"Us?" Yerin questioned. 

 "Yeah." Ryujin grinned. "Yuna, Lia and Chaeryeong. We all like to play around here together while Yeji is working."

"Are they here today?" Yerin asked with a small smile. It was cute how excited Ryujin was getting at the mention of her 'pack'. 

"Not today." Ryujin expression softened. "They all caught the flu that's been going around recently. I got lucky somehow and never caught it. They're feeling a bit better but they're all sleeping at home right now."

"SinB and my other girls caught it too a few weeks ago." Yerin sighed. "It was rough. I'm glad Joy was able to help them recover."

"She's the best, isn't she?" Ryujin nodded. "She's been helping Yeji a lot with them while they've been sick." 

"I'm sure they'll get better soon." Yerin smiled comfortingly. "Hopefully we'll get to meet them eventually."

"That would be awsome." Ryujin grin had returned, her cat ears perking up again. "What about the 'others' you've been talking about? Are they here too?"

"They are." Yerin said as she wiped some stray bits of doughnut frosting off of SinB's mouth with her sleeve, the cat hybrid ignoring the conversation and occupying herself with opening the bag of mini cookies as fast as she could so she could start stuffing them in .

"They're off with Joy right now exploring. SinB would be with them but she got a little nervous at first."

"That's understandable." Ryujin said. "Chaeryeong got nervous the first time we came here too."

"I hope SinB didn't bite you or anything." Yerin said with a small chuckle. 

"She didn't! Don't worry." Ryujin quickly replied, shaking her head. "She seemed uncomfortable on the chairs so I wanted to help her out and she let me."

"Thank you." Yerin smiled. "I'm glad she had you to keep her company while I was gone."

Ryujin only grinned happily up at Yerin again before directing her stare at the hungry SinB, the grin on her face never leaving as SinB cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter