Rough Day

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin had never heard SinB cry before.

Sure, there were times where she was upset and her voice would tremble. But the sound of SinB sobbing against her was an entirely new experience. 

Yerin sighed, a worried expression on her face as she gently SinB's cat ears, attempting to sooth the poor hybrid as they both sat on the floor, SinB curled up on her lap. It wasn't really working but SinB refused to move away from Yerin's body even so. The cat hybrid let out a series of painful sounding coughs in a row before going back to crying. The sound of it was tearing Yerin's heart apart. But there wasn't much she could do. Especially since SinB wasn't the only cat hybrid in such a distressed state. 

Somehow, all three cat hybrids had gotten sick in the past few days and currently, whatever sickness they all had, was hitting the three especially hard today. The week had started out with Eunha complaining about her head hurting a few times, which led into Eunha developing a fever the next day. Yuju had started sneezing and coughing shortly after and SinB had quickly followed suit. And now here they were, scattered throughout the apartment in different stages of sickness. 

What concerned Yerin the most was that Eunha was refusing to eat any food given to her. A very uncharacteristic thing for the short haired hybrid to do. Sure, SinB was food motivated but she would never scarf down her food at the speed that Eunha always did. Yuju would try to eat but she would only eat a few bites before refusing to eat the rest. SinB didn't even bother to take a few bites, only taking one small bite before almost throwing it up. Thankfully she hadn't actually thrown up anything yet but it still was worrying. 

"It's okay. I'm right here." Yerin whispered to SinB, frowning as she could feel the heat coming off of the cat hybrid's sweaty forehead as she brushed a few strands of hair away from SinB's face.

"Y...Yerin...." Eunha's voice whimpered out desperately from where she was laying down on the living room couch, the short haired hybrid shivering almost violently even with the blanket that Yerin had tucked her into completely covering her body. Yuju still hadn't left the shared bed but Yerin could hear the long haired cat hybrid's whimpers coming from her bedroom occasionally when she would pass by the room to get a glass of water for Eunha every so often.

It was almost overwhelming for Yerin. Seeing her precious girls in this state made her want to cry herself. Was there any way she could help all three cat hybrids at the same time?

Wait. Of course there was. How could she forget something so simple?

Immediately, Yerin removed one arm from around SinB in order to grab her phone from off of the floor next to her, quickly scrolling through her contacts to the one she was searching for. It was almost silly how quickly she had forgotten Sojung and Yewon's promise to help out whenever she needed them. Yerin almost chuckled to herself at her own forgetfulness as the dial tone rang in her ear. It wasn't long until the call was picked up, a familiar voice sounding out that made SinB's cat ears twitch.

"Hello? Yerin?" Sojung asked. "What's wrong? Are the cats okay?"

"How do you always know that something is wrong without me saying anything?" Yerin answered with a clear baffled tone in her voice.

"I guess I can sense it at this point." Sojung laughed for a moment.

Yerin shook her head, a small smile tugging at the corner of . 

"But seriously." Sojung's mature voice had come back. "What's going on?"

"Remember how I told you that Eunha was feeling strange a few days ago?" Yerin asked, continuing as soon as Sojung had sounded out a quick 'mhmm' in acknowledgement.

"Well, she got sick. Really sick. And SinB and Yuju are sick now too. SinB can't keep any food down, Eunha won't eat and Yuju won't even get out of bed."

"So you need me and Yewon to come over right now to help, right?" Sojung questioned, even though it was obvious that she already knew the answer Yerin was going to give.

"Please." Yerin let out another sigh. "I'm not sure what to do."

"Don't worry. We'll help. We can stop by the store and get some medicine on the way over."

"Thank you." Yerin breathed out in relief, kissing the top of SinB's head as the cat hybrid choked out another sob. "Just....hurry. Please."

"Of course. We'll be there soon. I promise." Sojung said before hanging up. Yerin lowered her phone, locking it before noticing how SinB was staring up at her with her teary eyes. Yerin gave the hybrid a gentle smile before kissing SinB's forehead, not caring that she could possibly get sick as well. 

"Sojung is going to be here soon to help you feel better. Yewon too. Is that okay?" Yerin asked. SinB sniffled as she nodded, her cries stopping for a moment until she buried her face against Yerin again. Yerin felt her heart ache at the returning sound, glancing over at the shivering Eunha on the couch before back down at SinB, keeping her close in her arms as the minutes ticked on.

Sojung had kept her promise, arriving at Yerin's apartment with Yewon as fast as she possibly could with medicine and other things in hand. Yerin only unlocked the door to let both of them in before sitting back down on the floor so SinB could be back in her arms, not wanting to leave SinB's side for longer than she had to. SinB was still crying and Sojung was immediately sitting on the floor next to the cat hybrid the second she noticed just how bad of a state she was in. 

"Oh, SinB..." Sojung whispered out sadly, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes as she gestured for SinB to climb into her arms instead. SinB was slow but she was on Sojung's lap in moments. Sojung rubbed the poor cat hybrid's back as SinB's cries returned, rocking her in her arms like a mom would rock their child to sleep. 

"Eunha?" Yewon's kind voice called out as she kneeled next to the couch, placing a hand gently on Eunha's cheek. Eunha practically shoved her face against Yewon's hand, desperate for the comforting touch. Yewon used her other hand to softly brush Eunha's bangs away from her sweaty forehead before running them up against the hybrid's soft cat ears that were currently flat against Eunha's head. 

"Here. This might help." Yewon kept her voice calm and quiet as she moved her hand away from Eunha's cheek to pull a cold bottle of water out of the bag containing the medicine and other things that the pair had bought before arriving. Eunha let out a small hiss as Yewon pressed the cold bottle against her forehead, but she was quick to grow quiet again as the temperature soothed her down some. Yewon kept it there for a few more seconds before taking it back so she could open it, moving the open bottle against Eunha's lips and helping her drink it. Eunha's cat ears lifted up very slightly as she started to sip at the water, her eyes closed as Yewon ran the fingers of her free hand through her short hair. 

Now that Sojung and Yewon were helping, Yerin was finally able to leave the living room in order to check on how Yuju was doing. But seeing the normally calm Yuju shaking under the blankets just like Eunha had been made Yerin falter for a moment, her emotions taking over for a split second before she pushed them down. Panicking would only make Yuju feel worse. 

"Hey, baby...." Yerin cooed softly as she sat down next to Yuju on the bed, her hand resting on top of Yuju's head and cat ears. 

Yuju didn't respond but she leaned into the touch much like Eunha had with Yewon. She wasn't purring like she normally would whenever Yerin would wake her up but that was understandable right now. At least she wasn't pushing away. 

"Yewon and Sojung are here." Yerin continued as she rubbed at the hybrid's soft cat ears. "Do you want me to help you to the living room so you can see them?"

Yuju was still shivering but she managed to nod weakly in response. That was good. She was responding and wanting to get up. That was a great sign.

Yerin had almost gotten Yuju into the living room with one of her blankets around her when the familiar sound of hissing caught her slightly off guard. 

SinB was still on Sojung's lap but her sobs were replaced with irritated hissing. Sojung looked more concerned then frustrated as she held the small measuring cap full of colorful liquid medicine up to the cat hybrid's lips. SinB was having none of it, tears still streaking down her face as she held shut firmly. But thanks to her weakened state, the hybrid was unable to move away or bite, only able to turn her face away whenever the medicine got close to . 

"I know its gross but its going to help you." Sojung sighed as SinB hissed again, trying to keep from spilling any of the medicine. "Look. I got you the cherry flavored version. Doesn't that sound like it tastes better than the regular type?"

SinB only grumbled in response, turning her head as Sojung made another attempt to open the stubborn cat hybrid's mouth to get her to swallow the medicine. Even in sickness, SinB's personality still was shining through. It was almost cute if Yerin wasn't so worried about her. 

On the couch, Yewon was having a similar problem getting Eunha to take the same medicine. Eunha wasn't hissing but she mirrored SinB's actions, turning her head away every single time Yewon held the measuring lid full of liquid medicine up to her lips. Even Yuju seemed like she was about to start hissing at the sight of the medicine as Yerin sat her down on the floor next to the couch. Yerin sighed for what seemed like the millionth time that day. Yeah. This was going to be difficult. 

"Hold her still." Yerin said while leaving Yuju to Yewon's care for a moment so she could help Sojung with SinB. 

SinB's ears flattened against her head as she heard those words, growling loudly until she was interrupted by Yerin firmly gripping her jaw with her hand. The stubborn cat hybrid looked like she wanted to hiss again but even while sick, SinB could still sense that if she did that, getting the medicine in would be no problem now that Yerin was helping. All she could do was attempt to wiggle away. But even that was impossible to do thanks to Sojung's equally strong arm wrapped around her body, keeping her in place on her lap. She was properly trapped.

"SinB. Open your mouth." Sojung instructed, her voice firm but her eyes filled with softness at the same time.

SinB turned her head to look at Sojung, then Yerin, and then back at Sojung again, her tail poofed up and flicking around behind her in irritation. Unable to stop herself from giving into her natural urges, SinB opened and let out a hiss. And that was it. That was the opportunity Sojung and Yerin were waiting for.

With the speed and skill of a determined mother, Sojung poured the liquid medicine into SinB's mouth, keeping SinB still as Yerin put her other hand over the hybrid's mouth to keep SinB's mouth sealed so she wouldn't be able to spit any out. SinB tried to thrash her head away from Yerin's grip but was unable to move her head even the slightest amount. It took a few moments but eventually, SinB gave up on fighting, the cat hybrid making a face as she slowly started to swallow the medicine.

"That's it. That's it." Sojung repeated, ruffling SinB's hair and cat ears with her free hand. "Just swallow it as best as you can. It's going to help you."

"Good girl." Yerin breathed out as she could see SinB finally swallow the last of the medicine that was in . SinB was less than pleased but she wasn't upset like she had been before, the sick hybrid slumping forward against Sojung's body and gripping onto her clothes once Yerin and Sojung let her out of their holds. But Yerin couldn't relax yet. It was looking like she was going to have to do the same thing to both Yuju and Eunha. 

"Eunha." Yerin started to speak while moving over to the couch, keeping her voice low as Yewon prepared herself to keep Eunha pinned down with one hand. "Don't make this difficult, okay? Its only going to taste bad for a few moments and then it'll be over."

A low grumble was the only response Eunha gave to those words. Yewon gave Yerin a worried expression before sighing. Yerin patted Yewon's shoulder encouragingly as she got into the proper position to grip at the short haired hybrid's mouth like she had done with SinB. Both girls really didn't want to have to do this but there were no other options. 

"I'm sorry, Eunha." Yewon said before allowing Yerin to take Eunha's mouth and jaw in her hands, placing her weight on her free arm against Eunha's shoulder and chest so the cat hybrid wouldn't be able to move. Eunha immediately reacted, hissing like SinB had, her tail flicking around in irritation. Just like Sojung had, Yewon took advantage of the situation and poured the liquid medicine into Eunha's open mouth. 

Yerin kept Eunha's mouth covered, watching as the cat hybrid's ears flattened against her head. Eunha was stubborn, yes, but definitely not as much as SinB. Eventually, the hybrid gave in and swallowed the liquid medicine with a few large gulps, her eyes filling with tears as she did so. 

"Don't cry." Yewon whispered, running her hand along Eunha's cheek once Yerin moved away. "You did it. I'm proud of you. Please don't cry."

Eunha sniffled, a few tears dripping down her face as she reached out and gripped at Yewon's sleeve, tugging her close. Yewon was more than happy to do what the sick hybrid wanted her to do, pulling Eunha onto her lap and wrapping the blanket around her again. 

"It....tasted gross..." Eunha's weak voice mumbled out.

"I know. It's disgusting, isn't it?" Yewon laughed quietly, running her fingers against the short fur on the hybrid's cat ears before placing a small kiss against Eunha's head. Eunha managed to let out one single purr in response before closing her eyes, attempting to nap in Yewon's arms. The sight of both SinB and Eunha calming down eased up the pressure of the anxiety that Yerin was still feeling in her chest. Even Yuju seemed like she was getting too tired to fight being given the medicine anymore, her eyes fluttering closed and then open as she struggled to keep herself sitting upright.

"Yuju?" Yerin was already next to the sick cat hybrid's side, filling up the empty measuring lid with the correct dosage before moving in closer to Yuju's face. Yuju stared at the medicine before up at Yerin's caring face, her eyes filled wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter