Welcome Home

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yerin!"

Jung Yerin was half way out the door of the lecture hall when a soft, delicate voice called out her name. The girl calling her was none other than Kim Yewon, one of Yerin's friends and the sweetest girl she had ever met. 

"Hey, Yewon." Yerin smiled brightly. "I was just about to head home. Do you need my help with something?"

"Not this time." Yewon giggled, handing Yerin a small grocery bag filled with various items. "I bought you and the kittys something during lunch! Sojung threw in a few things too."

"Did she?" Yerin grinned widely as she took the bag from the younger girl, her heart swelling with warmth at the gesture from both Yewon and their mutual friend Sojung. "Thank you, Yewon. I'm sure the cats will love it. Tell Sojung thank you too for me, okay?"

"I will." Yewon smiled before giving Yerin a hug. "Let us know when we can come over again. We really want to spend time with you and the cats soon!"

"Of course." Yerin replied, patting Yewon on the head softly. "I'll text you later tonight and we can figure something out."

"Sounds good." Yewon smiled one last time before heading off into the college campus, waving energetically until she turned around and made her way towards one of the other main lecture halls. She was most likely waiting for Sojung like she always did. How precious. Yerin chuckled to herself. Yewon and Sojung really were a cute pair. Hopefully they would be free to come over during the upcoming weekend.

Yerin spent no time starting her journey home, thankful that her apartment wasn't super far away from the campus. Sure, it was a bit of a walk but Yerin loved every moment of it. There was so much nature on the way home and Yerin enjoyed taking in the sights and refreshing smells as she made her way back. The only thing that made her speed up her pace was the thought of who was waiting for her at home. 

Cats were always one of Yerin's favorite animals from childhood into adulthood. So when she had spotted a box of three abandoned young cats by the side of the road, Yerin had made sure to take them in immediately. Everything had been normal up until a few weeks ago. It was a strange thing to occur so suddenly but Yerin had adapted pretty quickly. Yewon and Sojung had taken the longest time to actually accept the situation. Yerin, on the other hand, had no problem with it, only taking less than a day to accept it. 

Slowly, Yerin unlocked her front door and pushed the door open, expecting to be greeted at the door with excited meows within moments. But there was no sound, no movement coming from anywhere inside the various rooms of her large apartment. Yerin couldn't help but chuckle to herself as she placed the grocery bag and her school bag on the living room couch and made her way into her bedroom. They must still be sleeping. And sure enough, she was right.

"There you are." Yerin whispered softly, a smile appearing on her face again at the sight in front of her.

Curled up against each other as they slept on the bed were three other girls seeming to be around the same age as Yerin. But they weren't just ordinary girls. Fluffy cat ears poking out of different colored strands of hair revealed the truth, along with the cat tails sticking out of the top of each girl's pajama pants. 

Yes, the young cats that Yerin had taken in had turned out to be hybrids stuck in a full cat form. How that even worked and how she managed to bring them back to their mostly human forms, Yerin still had no clue about. But the world was always weirder than it seemed. It wasn't a problem. In fact, Yerin was actually more than fine with things turning out this way. Each girl was precious to her and Yerin was precious to each of them too, even though one of the hybrids was more closed off than the others.

Making sure not to jolt any of the girls awake, Yerin placed her hand on one of the girls heads, ruffling short bobbed hair softly before running her fingers against the cat ears poking out of brown tresses. The hybrid began to stir at the touch, cute brown eyes opening slowly and focusing on Yerin's caring face while the other two girls continued to snooze away.

"Hey there, cutie." Yerin said, pressing a small kiss against the short haired hybrid's forehead. "I'm home."

"Yerin!" The girl practically shouted, startling the two other cat hybrids awake as the short haired hybrid sat up and wrapped her arms around Yerin. Yerin laughed, rubbing the girl's back and sitting down on the bed properly so the short haired hybrid could climb into her lap like she wanted. Yerin sighed happily as another sound entered the air, smiling at the sensation and sound of the half cat hybrid purring against her. 

"Yerin's home!" One of the other hybrid's exclamed as well, nuzzling against Yerin with her own purr while the last hybrid grumbled in annoyance at her sleep being interrupted. 

"I'm home, I'm home." Yerin laughed again, feeling her stress from the busy school day melting away as both hybrid's nuzzled and purred against her. What a perfect welcome home greeting. 

"Next time I get home, lets try not to be too loud, okay?" Yerin ran her hands through the short haired cat hybrid's hair before using her other hand to run through the other hybrid's long, dark tresses. "You scared both Yuju and SinB when you yelled, Eunha."

"I'm sorry." Eunha's cat ears lowered against her head slightly, her tail flicking back and forth behind her nervously. "I just got excited. I hate when you're gone."

"I know." Yerin said, pressing a small kiss against Eunha's cheek. "I don't like leaving you all either. But I'm here now, okay?"

"Do you really have to go every day?" The long black haired hybrid, Yuju, asked with a small pout, her cat ears lowering against her head as well. 

"I do." Yerin sighed, turning her head to kiss Yuju's forehead this time. "I'm sorry, Yuju. I wish I could stay here all day long during the week. But school is important."

"It's not that important." The last cat hybrid, SinB, grumbled as she tried to scoot away from the three with her favorite blanket. 

"It's important." Yerin started to say, grinning slightly as she noticed SinB staring at her out of the corner of her eyes. "But that doesn't mean you all aren't important to me too."

SinB huffed in response but her cat ears perking up only gave her true feelings away, the hybrid burying her face in her blanket while her shoulder length, dark brown hair fell around her face. 

"SinB." Yerin spoke again, patting the spot on the bed in front of her while both Eunha and Yuju cuddled against her even closer. "Can you come here? I missed you too, you know."

SinB didn't respond, the only sign that she was listening to Yerin's words being her cat ears twitching slightly. Yerin sighed. SinB was always the hybrid that reacted the worst to her leaving for school every morning. Getting her to stop sulking and pouting was always a process whenever she got home.

"Come on, SinB." Yerin called, placing her hand against SinB's blanket covered leg. The hybrid twitched, her ears reacting again as well. But instead of joining Yuju and Eunha in their small cuddle session on Yerin's lap, SinB got up and ran off with her blanket still around her, escaping to the living room. Yerin shook her head, laughing softly to herself as she made the motion to pull away from the other two cat hybrid's clinging to her in order to follow after SinB.

"No." Eunha growled, whining loudly before clinging to Yerin as tightly as she could. Yuju was still purring against Yerin while her head was nuzzled against Yerin's face, whining quietly instead of growling like Eunha had. 

"Eunha." Yerin leaned over and pressed a kiss against the short haired cat hybrid's head. "Come on, girl. I need to check on SinB."

Eunha only grumbled again, her tail flicking back and forth in irritation. Yuju, on the other hand, had moved off of Yerin's lap, stretching her arms and yawning in order to properly wake up.

"Sojung and Yewon bought you snacks." Yerin continued, running her fingers through short brown tresses.

That did it. Immediately, Eunha's cat ears perked up eagerly at the mention of snacks. Yuju seemed excited too, a grin appearing on the black haired cat hybrid's face. 

"I think Sojung even bought you a few new snacks to try." Yerin smiled. "How does that sound? Do you want them now? Can we get up?"

"Fine." Eunha huffed out, moving off of Yerin's lap and allowing Yuju to help her off the bed. Yerin let out yet another laugh. Eunha really was too cute to handle at times, especially when she was pouting. 

Both Yuju and Eunha were quick to run to the grocery bag on the couch, digging through it in search of the snacks that Yewon and Sojung had bought for them. Yerin had made sure to instruct the two hybrids to save a third of the treats in the bag for SinB before making her way over to the mentioned girl.

SinB had surrounded herself with her favorite blanket while she was tucked into the corner of the room, her cat ears lowered against her head. This was something that happened a lot so Yerin was more than pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter